***BCS Championship - AU vs FSU - Game Thread***

RunInRed

Auburn is a confident dangerous team right now...doubt had crept into the FSU team before that last drive...the d needs to come out strong and if we score that doubt will creep back in and we will shut the door with Mason.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, my thermometer says nine degrees, but it doesn't feel that cold. Must be the tequila.

No fan of Jimbo, but the fake punt was a great, great call.

I called it. I think we were looking for it, but the reverse was the key.

I agree with the Professor..just like Gus said leaving the field at start of halftime..we have to keep drives going and wear down their Defense. We cannot let FSU score the first points of the Second Half.

We sent Corey around the end one time for a loss, but I agree we need to test the edges more with the running game. I'd also like to see Marshall keep it more on the option and take it wide. Too clogged up in the middle. They've got a good run D and we need to soften it up some more.

That was a toss play when Mason was on the sideline, not a jet sweep.

Either the jet sweep or the screen. If they are going to keep selling out for the read then make them pay,

Rod and Stan have said FSU is bringing a corner down to stop the jet sweep. Seems like if they are doing that we should be able to burn that corner. Gus will have a counter for it in the 2nd half. Nobody makes adjustments like Gus.

So, my thermometer says nine degrees, but it doesn't feel that cold. Must be the tequila.

I hope someone sober is available to keep you from taking a walk.

Nope! Kids and the wife have hit the bed.

Trust me, I'm not going anywhere while this game is on.

Ellis Johnson, he of the 30+ years of coaching, has dialed up a fantastic game. Not his first rodeo and he's pulling out all the stops. This is why Gus brought him here. Very impressive.

Archived