Favorite game of the Year

PChamp119

I wanted to see what everyone's favorite game of the year was.

The team I wanted to beat more then anyone else and it capping off an undefeated regular season was Alabama.

Tennessee - being in Knoxville and wooping them was soo enjoyable. The atmosphere (Auburn's atmosphere) was excellent.

But... game of the year for me was LSU. It had the atmosphere of the Georgia game. But that game winning drive. I honestly had never been that excited in my life. When Jason threw that TD to Courtney Taylor - that was the most exciting moment of my life. I had blacked out for a second from all the cheering - my friends had to quit celebrating to keep me up. And when Junior had the interception, that was the 2nd most exciting moment of my life (I judge that to the most exciting moment of my life because I didn't black out - but was going absolutely crazy hugging everyone in the stands).

LSU hands down. Probably the best game I have witnessed at Jordan-Hare. I was in section 39 so I had to listen to a bunch of LSU fans talk smack most of the game. I think Auburn fans will always remember "The Drive". That was really the turning point in our season and what a nail biter. The forth and 12 completion was magical. Only to be outdone by the game winning TD pass.

PChamp...I was hugging anyone I saw in the student section as well!

I'm not sure which game was better...

I'm from Georgia so I think our victory of Georgia was more satisfying for me.

But, the stadium was louder for LSU.

On the other hand, gameday being here for UGA made it pretty special. Plus what was on the line and just the energy in the crowd.

Ah I could do this all day, I'm just thankful we got to witness both of them!!!

WAR EAGLE AND BEAT TENN!!

toss up between UGA and LSU. Close games are so nerve racking and fun, but it was pretty satisfying beating Georgia like we did. And I have never seen as many people in Auburn as I did Georgia weekend. The LSU game was sort of last minute for a lot of people. The hurricane screwed that up. people didn't get in town till late friday. For the UGA game there were a lot of people that came on Tuesday and stayed the whole week.

favorite game: lsu. i love defensive football more than anything else. that was a defensive masterpiece by both teams. i mean it was dominant, until the last moment. when a guy that i admire as much as anyone my age bucked up and won over the entire au family for the first time (always loved him). that game was just fantastic.

favorite gameday: uga. it was just perfect wasn't it? i was up before 6 a.m. heading to gameday, hung out there until it ended, went straight the gates where there was already a line. i got food in line from my roommates coming from the apt. then the before the game, great atmosphere (i mean the entire student section chanting georgia sucks at one guy who wore the david greene jersey in? classic), the eagle, the flyover, the band. then the game was just awesome. complete domination of an equal. add to that maybe the best halftime show i've seen in my 20+ years of attending games at jordan-hare. that's a day i won't forget.

Most defintely the LSU game. I wasn't sure the game was going to be played (hurricane). But I knew if there was a chance in hell that I could be there, I'd be there. For some reason I never doubted we would win. I just knew that the ending was going to be good. When Taylor caught that 4th down pass, I said to the guy next to me that we were going to win. This game was the springboard for this great season.

LSU was defaintly the most exiting game but i really think :uga: was by far the best atmosphere of the season.

Anyone who went to the game and saw Corso and the crew would probly agree with me

WDE!!!! on a great season

Being a native of Georgia, it sure is hard to over look the importance of finally beating them damn dawgs. However, I think what got this team on the track was overcoming the big hurdle in beating LSU.

Gotta be that last drive and catch. Awesome

uga.

The domination we showed against the dogs SHOULD have been enough to get us to #2. Utee had new QBs, and an obviously overrated defense, but ugaly was an experienced, senior-ladden team that we whipped. IMO, that was the most impressive Auburn win since Tre ran over bammer in 02.

That and the utee games were the only games in NCAA CFB this season where 2 top 10 teams met and one dominated the other.

Georgia................Hands Down. Sorry South Link, but I have some deep convitions in regards to UGA. LSU was great, and I enjoyed the game in the stands...but beating Georgia ranks up there with Alabama for me.

The Citadel. ... ... I suppose you want me to explain. OK, can you just imagine the media slam against AU if they had lost? :blink: I rest my case. :big:

When you go 11-0, they're all good. :au: WDE

LSU is definitely first....I had such a good time at that game...

Second? Georgia...it was so great seeing Greene just sit on the turf seeing the big no name defense coming after him.

While LSU and Bamar were probably more exciting...I'd have to say that UGA was by far the more satisfying. Having lost to them two years in a row made this one SWEET! :)

I agree. The LSU/AU game was the best this year eventhough we lost. I also think that was the best thing that could have happened to Jason Campbell. He has been incredible since then. His play has been the only thing missing from Auburn the past 2 years, so to see him since that last drive has been a remarkable turn around.

The LSU game was the most exciting one to me. Emotional rollercoaster! From the 4th down catch to the TD catch, to the missed EP to the made EP!!! UP and DOWN all day! What a game!! Without it, we would maybe be 8 and 3 now. This Saturday is going to be the best yet! After we beat UT for the SEC!!!!! :big:

We have yet to play my favorite game of the year, but, it ain't too far away ! ! :au:

WAR EAGLE....O N E at a time. :au:

Favorite game: Tennessee. We wiped the walls of Neyland with those hounds. Awesome. My favorite games are the ones that are over at halftime. :D

Favorite TD: Carnell to Anthony Mix vs UGA. I was giddy. Like a toddler.

Favorite gameday: UGA. Don't underestimate the power of Corso.

The LSU game for me was fun to win, that doesn't mean it was fun to watch. ;)

Guest Tigrinum Major

Call me crazy, but the Alabama game was mine. Any time we beat them is great, but just think...

They gave us a heck of a game and for a half (or more), their fans had hopes of pulling a monumental upset, only to have those dreams crushed by JC, Ronnie, Courtney Taylor, and Caddy, not to mention a stellar effort by the defense.

The only thing I hate about it is listening to 365 more days of "If Brodie hadn't gotten hurt..."

Here's a newsflash, if Terry Bowden had been a good recruiter, we would be talking about a lot more than 4 of the last 5. Of course, he might still be there, so I better be careful what I wish for...

Georgia................Hands Down. Sorry South Link, but I have some deep convitions in regards to UGA. LSU was great, and I enjoyed the game in the stands...but beating Georgia ranks up there with Alabama for me.

I take it as more of a compliment then anything.

As mad as I am about losing 2 games this year, we are still a Top 10, which is so much better then the Donnan/Goff years.

Archived