January 17th Official visitors

Jch0025

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just curious...does fan interaction with the recruits create a "secondary violation"? Seems we had some of those from the Big Cat events a couple years ago?

It can.

Any chance we get Bonney Godchaux Smith and Williams sometime this week?

All? No. Smith will commit on NSD at 7:50 AM on ESPNU.

Wow. Didnt know that was premium. Didnt get it off a website. Im staring at the evidence as we speak.

If you didn't get it off a premium website, the information is not "premium". End of story.

Just to clarify from earlier. CammyCam made a post asking who John Bonney was and was he supposed to visit. I was told by 2 people that Bonney was completely hush hush til he arrived. I was on the way out the door to work the gymnastics meet when I saw his post. I did not have time to find out what was going on so I edited it to say premium info because of the decree I was given. Cammy was at victory grill looking at signs of recruit names. If that snipit was in his OP then nothing would have been done because the info was public for anyone at VG.

Wow. Didnt know that was premium. Didnt get it off a website. Im staring at the evidence as we speak.

If you didn't get it off a premium website, the information is not "premium". End of story.

Not quite. I just explained everything above. Since I knew it was sensitive info and did not have time to ask cammy about it I had to assume at that time it was premium and do what I did.

Not quite. I just explained everything above. Since I knew it was sensitive info and did not have time to ask cammy about it I had to assume at that time it was premium and do what I did.

I don't see why you had to assume anything. The people telling you it was hush-hush may have made it incumbent on you not to repeat that info but there's no way they can charge you with policing the world. Things that hush-hush won't be on a premium site anyway. If somebody else learns info independently and posts it that's their privilege and it's not your responsibility to take down info they acquired by means other than from a pay site.

I don't see why you had to assume anything. The people telling you it was hush-hush may have made it incumbent on you not to repeat that info but there's no way they can charge you with policing the world. Things that hush-hush won't be on a premium site anyway. If somebody else learns info independently and posts it that's their privilege and it's not your responsibility to take down info they acquired by means other than from a pay site.

It was not supposed to be on a premium site. One site posted about him before they were supposed to. I don't know why it was Hush Hush. I was just following orders and stand by what I did given what I knew and did not know at the time.

Oh and me saying Premium in my first 2 posts does not mean it came from Premium sites. It meant info was not supposed to be on our site yet, or any for that matter. I guess I could have edited it to say info can't be seen yet or something to that affect since I can't delete posts but like I said I was in a rush to go to work.

My point is, those orders may have applied to you personally but they don't apply to the population in general. You can't be expected to, and shouldn't, go around removing posts because somebody that has nothing to do with this board told you not to repeat something.

My point is, those orders may have applied to you personally but they don't apply to the population in general. You can't be expected to, and shouldn't, go around removing posts because somebody that has nothing to do with this board told you not to repeat something.

Ummmm... I believe E is the mod for the recruiting section of the board, so yea... he is kinda expected to do just that. Plus, it's not like anyone was hurt when he did it. Best to play it safe just like E did.

As I recall, last year things weren't policed so tightly and word got out about a recruit that wasn't supposed to and it cost us with that recruit.

i got one from word of mouth but not confirmed so best not shared til someone says its okay to talk about.

Ouch! I made a simple mistake. No need to rub salt in it.

i got one from word of mouth but not confirmed so best not shared til someone says its okay to talk about.

Ouch! I made a simple mistake. No need to rub salt in it.

Might have been a joke so I won't dive too far into it, but with the work that Ellitor puts into this for us, for free - free - being the key word, don't pick at his few mistakes.

it was a joke and i appreciate all that put time into the site.dont tell me what to do, with the way others get there post picked apart i believe e can handle himself.

it was a joke and i appreciate all that put time into the site.dont tell me what to do, with the way others get there post picked apart i believe e can handle himself.

Hahaha, my bad. Didn't know it was going to be that big of a deal. But if you dish it, might as well take it too

Hey E, got a number on how many 2014 unknown, uncommitted recruits that have to be kept secret are showing up this weekend ?

Didn't you get THE EMAIL?

Wow it is obvious there are a lot of very sensitive people on the forums. There are a couple that need their binkies and need to go lay down for a nap.

I see where E tried to get this back on topic and was not able too so does anyone have any updates from the weekend so far?

Archived