Way-too-early 2014 schedule predictions?

AUwent

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

10-2 (LSU and possibly Alabama)

Why would you think that? Bama and LSU are stacked with talent, but they are losing much more than we are.

Those are the 2 most likely losses if we have any at all is what I meant...

• 2 months later...
Guest jojo1515

Bumping this in light of A-Day being over. I maintain a 9-3 prediction.

Im assuming you think we lose to lsu, ga and bama? Shouldnt be anyone else on the schedule capable of beating us barring some serious injuries....and I very seriously doubt we lose all 3 of the big games

I think we wreck UGA, struggle against USCe, play well against Bama, and beat LSU on a two minute drive in the last possession of the ball game.

Again I will say this. The only way we lose a game this year would be an away game where the weather got extremely rough and allowed someone to stay close till the end. I don't think that will happen but it would be the only way we lose one. As a whole we return a better team than last year. We are so deep even injuries should not hamper this run. Now next year we lose some major players and there may be a couple of games in jeopardy, but this year we will dominate. Just too many weapons on offense and the defense is much improved. Look for the offense to shatter the existing offense records as far as total points and total yardage.WDE

Im assuming you think we lose to lsu, ga and bama? Shouldnt be anyone else on the schedule capable of beating us barring some serious injuries....and I very seriously doubt we lose all 3 of the big games

GA and AL, yes. LSU, no. The game in Starkville scares me badly. It reminds me a bit of Bama in 2010--in terms of how good we are, we could go head to head with anyone and win. That Bama team, however, had a brutal schedule. This year's schedule may be the toughest I've ever seen. Do not underestimate how getting GA and AL at home last year helped us, plus drawing TN from the east and WSU @ home as our BCS OOC foe. While there are many new QBs in the league, just keep in mind that there's much more to a team than a QB--4 out of the last 5 national champions had a new starter at the position.

Don't get me wrong, we're going to be a really good team this year. I will say that I see 10-2 as more likely than 8-4.

GA and AL, yes. LSU, no. The game in Starkville scares me badly. It reminds me a bit of Bama in 2010--in terms of how good we are, we could go head to head with anyone and win. That Bama team, however, had a brutal schedule. This year's schedule may be the toughest I've ever seen. Do not underestimate how getting GA and AL at home last year helped us, plus drawing TN from the east and WSU @ home as our BCS OOC foe. While there are many new QBs in the league, just keep in mind that there's much more to a team than a QB--4 out of the last 5 national champions had a new starter at the position.

Don't get me wrong, we're going to be a really good team this year. I will say that I see 10-2 as more likely than 8-4.

Our schedule is MUCH tougher than, say, Bama's, though they do get UF this year. South Carolina's is comparable to ours (they get aTm and Auburn this year). aTm opens at South Carolina, then gets Mizzou. LSU gets a break with UK as their rotator. Ole Miss gets Vandy and UTk. Miss State gets Vandy and UK.

I actually think South Carolina and Auburn may be the best of the East and the West this season. But we both have the most difficult schedules, and it's hard to see us re-matching in the SEC Championship game (we'll likely knock them out, unless they run the table otherwise; or they'll knock us out, unless we run the table otherwise).

I still think we run the table this year, including a win over South Carolina. This DESPITE the schedule.

I don't think anyone could successfully argue against the fact that, at the end of last season, Auburn was the best team in the SEC. It is also very hard to argue against the idea that, this year, we will be improved in many aspects of the game, and won't have taken a step back in any of them. Add to that the fact that the majority of other teams in the league are having to start over in at least one major area of their game, most at QB, and I can't help but think that, as long as Gus keeps the boys thinking right, we are primed to run the table.

Let's face it... The reports from LSU's Spring game were far from positive about anything but their O-Line (thanks to Coach Grimes), and they will be relying on a true freshman at Running Back. At Alabama, apparently the only thing their QBs are really good at is punting and, unless Coker is a phenom, they are going to struggle to find their identity, this year. As for Georgia... word on the street is that their defense is a mess and, while their QB is a good game manager, he's no Aaron Murry.

Arkansas- Out manned, out coached, and the game is at Auburn. I'll predict a win here

San Jose State- like any small school I hope we don't overlook these kids and come out flat. That being said I don't think Gus let's them get close and we see a lot of Jeremy Johnson.

Kansas State- Absolutely can NOT overlook this team. They shouldn't be an obstacle but they're good for one upset per year it seems.

Louisiana Tech- like San Jose state we should see a lot of JJ roc Thomas and Barber

LSU- they have so much lost talent. Our schedule before them consist of a bye K State and LA Tech I think that is favorable. Not to mention the game is in Auburn. I think the cards align that we win this one a lot more comfortably than others may think.

Mississippi State- I have terrible flashbacks of what Preskot did to our defense last year. But I'm reassured that after that game our D seemed to handle mobile qbs much better.

Carl Lawson needs a coming out party at this game and I think Gus's O outsmarts Dan's D

South Carolina- having a bye week will be nice after playing LSU and Miss State (at their place no less). That coupled with the fact that the game is at Auburn, and SC has lost some key players from a team that was (in my opinion) overrated last year. Still a tough game but I think we win.

Now here is a rough stretch of games

Ole Miss- For the first time I'm truly concerned about the rebels. It's at their place, they're one of the few teams we face with a returning QB, and they have some excellent young talent. However, I think we force their offense to be one dimensional and come out on top in a close one.

Texas A&M- I think no Evans or Manziel translates to a completely different team. And simply put there's no way their defense will improve well enough to remotely slow us down.

Georgia- Their running game (if healthy) will give us fits but it won't be enough to keep up with our offense.

Samford- broken record: lots of JJ Roc and Barber maybe even some Jonathan Wallace.

Alabama- I think we beat them. Plain and simple we look like the more prepared team to be successful. I'm not buying into the Coker kid, Yeldon is good but not great, their defense lost a LOT. If they couldn't slow our offense down last year how are they going to slow down an improved version with a lesser QB, a defense that is rebuilding (don't give me that reload crap). I really see Alabama having a down year this year.

@PCBAuburnFan after seeing Ole Miss fans griping and complaining about the loss of Golston and OL depth problems because of this I am not as worried about the Rebel Bears...

Georgia being in Athens is in our favor.

Auburn has won in Athens once in the past decade and it was on something similar to a hail mary. Georgia has won 4 of the last 5 times. That is not called "favorable" in any language.

I don't know how well Auburn will do this year. I'm worried about injuries or something. Marshall should have a much better year, but in recent history the team that has lost the BCS Championship was not in the running for it the following year. Logic says Auburn should win 10+, but logic also said Auburn would be lucky to get to a bowl game last year. The defense is still our achilles heel and the offense is going to have to stay healthy and not get stuck in a rut like it did too many times last season (but were fortunate enough to find a way). Auburn found ways to win last year and that is necessary many times. But I agree that the conference will be weaker next year with many teams losing their QBs. That is in Auburn's favor. If our QB stays healthy, we should hopefully be in a position to go to Atlanta come the Iron Bowl.

Georgia being in Athens is in our favor.

Auburn has won in Athens once in the past decade and it was on something similar to a hail mary. Georgia has won 4 of the last 5 times. That is not called "favorable" in any language.

I don't know how well Auburn will do this year. I'm worried about injuries or something. Marshall should have a much better year, but in recent history the team that has lost the BCS Championship was not in the running for it the following year. Logic says Auburn should win 10+, but logic also said Auburn would be lucky to get to a bowl game last year. The defense is still our achilles heel and the offense is going to have to stay healthy and not get stuck in a rut like it did too many times last season (but were fortunate enough to find a way). Auburn found ways to win last year and that is necessary many times. But I agree that the conference will be weaker next year with many teams losing their QBs. That is in Auburn's favor. If our QB stays healthy, we should hopefully be in a position to go to Atlanta come the Iron Bowl.

WarTiger must have been at Auburn in the 90s, with me, when it seemed like the home team always lost in the Georgia game.

That being said, I would like to remind both of you that the history of where the game has been played and who won is an anomaly. While the home fans can be a help the true factor is the match-ups between the teams and the location is usually a non-factor.

Usually, UGA matches up with us pretty well. I still think, last year, had they been healthy all year, they would have gone to the championship instead of us. Fortunately, they lost too many key players and were never at 100%. This year, on the other hand, they are completely rebuilding their D under a new system and they have questions at QB and a few other key spots. I think it will likely be one of our closer games, but we should have the advantage.

As for injuries, Auburn is in probably the best position on offense that I've ever seen for a team to be able to weather injuries. On D... in some positions, yes... in others... not so much. Hopefully with our conditioning, it won't be much of an issue.

Archived