Way-too-early 2014 schedule predictions?

AUwent

TO ALL DOUBTERS ITS A NEW DAY! THE FAMILY REALLY NEED TO GO BACK THROUGH AND RELIVE 2013 THINK ABOUT WHERE WE WERE IN 2012 AND GUS TOOK THAT TEAM WITH A CB LEARNING HOW TO PLAY QB TO 13 SECONDS OF WINNING THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!!!! WE IN GREAT(GUS)SHAPE. :wareagle: :wareagle: :wareagle: :wareagle:

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Undefeated going to playoffs

Our D will surprise a lot of people

We know how good the O will be

8/30 Arky W - Tough game as they have a solid run game and this will be abig game for them put we will pull away late

9/6 SJSU W

9/20 @ KSU W - Tough game as they will be thinking about us all spring and summer - This is their bowl game

9/27 La Tech W

10/4 LSU W - Unless they develop a QB we beat them handily despite all thier talent

10/11 @ MSU W - Tough game in first half then we pull away

10/25 USCe W - No QB so easy win

11/1 @ Ole Miss W -

11/8 TAMU W - Tough game they are reloading in this class and those kids will have had time to develop

11/15 @ Ga W - Time to hammer then while they are down

11/22 Samford W

11/29 @ Turds W - Need to destroy them at their home field then we are in the Playoffs

While I'm not going to predict a 12-0 season, nevertheless I don't see anyone on our schedule that I'd pick to beat Auburn. I still sy Auburn should be better in 14 than in 13, and that GA and AL will experience a fall off. LSU may be as good as they were in 13, in which case I think Auburn wins that game decidedly. And I don't see how A&M can help but falling off with the loss of Manziel and that excellent receiver they had (His name slips my mind at the moment).

I think Auburn could be the first team since the conference split into two divisions to win the SEC a second year in a row.

The LSU quarterback (Jennings) was 7 for 19 (36.8%) for 82 yards in the Outback Bowl. He rushed for -31 yards as well. I'm not impressed at all by his stats.

The LSU quarterback (Jennings) was 7 for 19 (36.8%) for 82 yards in the Outback Bowl. He rushed for -31 yards as well. I'm not impressed at all by his stats.

And that was after having a month to prepare for the game and throwing to two NFL caliber receivers who have since left. LSU will drop off next year.

I like having two weeks to prepare for KSU...I think we handle them with ease.

USCe does have a QB coming back with experience...but he is strictly a passing QB so for him to be successful, he must stay in the pocket and throw down field...this will allow our rush ends to drop him.

UGA without Murray is toast...stick a fork in them.

Bammer will be good...but no AJ (and Lame Kitten on the sideline) will hurt. I think they go back to a more predictable run offense...I would with those RBs they have. The area where I think bammer loses the most was their 5-year seniors on offense...and their leaders on defense (Mosely and Sunseri). Its hard to replace these in one year.

Are you also one of those that picked 6 and 6 last year ? WDE

Me? No I said 7 to 9 wins and I said that before Gus started utilizing Nicks strengths. To tough a schedule and not to many teams return after losing the big game. I do think there is alot of uncertainty in the SEC next year and we could capitalize but who knows? I predict a qb controversy may still come, don't hang me for saying it.

UGA and Bama will be really tough games next season. Both will be super-hyped for the game, because both believe they deserved to win this year but lost on fluke plays in the final seconds. Playing them on the road will be really tough. Both will have very good rushing attacks on offense and I expect Coker to be another good system QB for Bama. Bama will once again have a stout defense and UGA is making a big upgrade in coaching on defense, so they will be better defensively than they were this year. I think UGA is likely a win, but I see Bama as a toss-up at this point. (My opinion might change once the season is under way.)

As for the rest of the season, I am never comfortable predicting games against quality opponents, because a lot can happen during a game. Example, the LSU game last season, and the big come-backs by Bama and UGA (which could just as easily have been losses for Auburn), and by FSU (which was).

My prediction, both Auburn and Bama will enter the Iron Bowl undefeated and ranked in the top 3 nationally. Winner goes to the playoffs, loser most likely doesn't.

And that, my friends, is the way it ought to be every year!

Never will I ever mark the uat game as a loss..particularly in January. Also, I don't understand marking Mississippi State as a loss either. They've done nothing under Dan Mullen. Sure it was a last second win for us last season, but we all know we definitely weren't as good then as we ended up. We will be better in 2014 and we should ALWAYS beat both Mississippi schools. A&M still won't have a defense, IMO, and their offense is gone. Georgia being in Athens is in our favor. Anything can happen for sure, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't expect to be one of the 4 in the playoff.

I completely agree. And "I believe."

Arky- Win (they're still rebuilding and their best players are young)

SJSU- Win (no explanation needed)

@K State- Toss up (any bill snyder team can be tough and it's a road game)

La Tech- Win- (they are getting better as a program but we have too much talent)

LSU- Toss up (LSU has our number every year it seems but being at home and with their new QB looking like a new QB in the outback bowl last year, I'd take us)

@ MSU- toss up (they are getting better under Mullen, but they havent been able to beat the Power 3 west members with the exception of that awful 2012 team we had. They have a chance, especially since they got their QB situation under control. I still would expect Auburn to be the favorite in the game though. PS: they always play us hard for some reason. Is there some old beef they have with us that I'm unaware of?)

South Carolina- Loss (I'm glad connor shaw is gone; he's a game changer. Their back up QB was good though, and they still have a good d-line and playmaking receiver. I think they get us.)

@Ole Miss- Win (Without Bo Wallace I don't think they have a chance.)

Texas A&M- Win (Johnny isn't coming home to college station. Nick Evans isn't coming home to college station. Their D is still trying to find college station. This one could be ugly for them.)

@ UGA- toss up- (WIth Murray gone, their passing game should be down some. Their ground game could be too much if gurshall is healthy.However, this could be a national stage game with sec and playoff tie-ins, so this should hurt their chances to win. Richt isn't a big stage coach, but Gus can be. I think this tips the game to us.)

Samford- Win (should be a blow out)

@Bama- toss up (I think we win just due to what they lost and what we return. We also seem to do better at bama. The Lane Kiffin hire helps us too just because, while I know he can create some good plays, he is a somewhat predictable play caller at times. Since it's the iron bowl, it's got to be a toss up. Like I said at the start though, I think we win.)

Regular season finish- 9-3, but even with the South Carolina loss I stated their, I think we can win any of these games and have as good or better chance than anyone else to win the natty!

Mark my word.......We will finish the job that we started this past season. We can and will, win them all and bring the home the crystal trophy that should be in our display case at this exact moment. Have faith in this team and coaching staff; they are the best of the best.. Bammer is in a slow, gradual decline. A lot of folks may disagree with me with regard to this, but it has actually started and will take 3-4 years before the bottom completely falls out. Bookmark this post folks!

My fellow Auburn brothers and sisters.....please do not predict a loss to bammer, Lsu, Uga, Usc, or any other teams on our menu. We will eat everyone of them alive, and have a good old fashion belch after each consumption!

I think Auburn could be the first team since the conference split into two divisions to win the SEC a second year in a row.

Wut? UF got first dibs on that.

Make that order a double.

I see the second coming of Jordan Jefferson unless Cameron molds him to a legitimate passing threat. Defense carries them unless a QB emerges.

As far as an early January prediction goes, 15-0. I'll regurgitate the same in August.

This foundation has been building since 2011. There were only what....6 AU seniors, returning to start that season, IIRC not all of that number were in the two-deep. This team is loaded in comparison to what other teams around the league will be returning, most importantly with its established QB and some not too shabby coaching to boot.

La Tech- Win- (they are getting better as a program but we have too much talent)

LSU- Toss up (LSU has our number every year it seems but being at home and with their new QB looking like a new QB in the outback bowl last year, I'd take us)

@ MSU- toss up (they are getting better under Mullen, but they havent been able to beat the Power 3 west members with the exception of that awful 2012 team we had. They have a chance, especially since they got their QB situation under control. I still would expect Auburn to be the favorite in the game though. PS: they always play us hard for some reason. Is there some old beef they have with us that I'm unaware of?)

South Carolina- Loss (I'm glad connor shaw is gone; he's a game changer. Their back up QB was good though, and they still have a good d-line and playmaking receiver. I think they get us.)

Texas A&M- Win (Johnny isn't coming home to college station. Nick Evans isn't coming home to college station. Their D is still trying to find college station. This one could be ugly for them.)

@ UGA- toss up- (WIth Murray gone, their passing game should be down some. Their ground game could be too much if gurshall is healthy.However, this could be a national stage game with sec and playoff tie-ins, so this should hurt their chances to win. Richt isn't a big stage coach, but Gus can be. I think this tips the game to us.)

@Bama- toss up (I think we win just due to what they lost and what we return. We also seem to do better at bama. The Lane Kiffin hire helps us too just because, while I know he can create some good plays, he is a somewhat predictable play caller at times. Since it's the iron bowl, it's got to be a toss up. Like I said at the start though, I think we win.)

Regular season finish- 9-3, but even with the South Carolina loss I stated their, I think we can win any of these games and have as good or better chance than anyone else to win the natty!

Alabama is a toss up but SC is a L? cmon

Alabama is a toss up but SC is a L? cmon

I like spurrier. He is one of the best coaches in the nation, and he will upset someone USCe shouldn't. I'm afraid that this year, we will be his victim.

@ MSU- toss up (they are getting better under Mullen, but they havent been able to beat the Power 3 west members with the exception of that awful 2012 team we had. They have a chance, especially since they got their QB situation under control. I still would expect Auburn to be the favorite in the game though. PS: they always play us hard for some reason. Is there some old beef they have with us that I'm unaware of?) No they aren't. In his five years in Starkville MSU is 5-7, 9-4, 7-6, 8-5, 7-6. They are barely turning in winning seasons. Now compared to what Croom did there, yeah, maybe they are "better", but they are still a team we should beat EVERY YEAR. I see this as a clear WIN...and definitely NOT a tossup.

Making this an automatic loss is puzzling to say the least. I realize that South Carolina has won 11 games for three consecutive years, but I still don't see them on Auburn's level in the SEC. Adding to that, Auburn is 7-0 vs. South Carolina since they joined the SEC and 9-1-1 over all. I don't see Auburn losing this game at all.

So, South Carolina is an automatic loss and this is a toss up? I don't understand that at all. I put this down as a win based on several things. 1. We have a TON of talent returning. uat does not. 2. We have a better coaching staff than uat. 3. We have a better head coach than uat in that our's is actually capable of in game adjustments. 4. We are 5-2 in the cesspool since it became a home and home series (yes I know about the other wins there back in 1895 and 1901.

There's no reason to think we can't win every game on that schedule.

15-0 with a curb stomp of FSU in the rematch.

Exactly. I've never been more confident in a season. When Gus loses a championship, he wins one. And we have the best qb in the sec next year by far.

Tell ya what... i dont care what happens. As long as we dont fall to the not-so-mighty crimson tide, and we somehow get a rematch with jameis winston and the Seminoles, ill be ok.

Archived