2014 5* DE Rashaan Evans (Alabama signee)

RunInRed

Many people saw this coming from a mile away. I had doubts but also hope. Too much drama, too much media, closed announcement etc. Just shows that insiders really don't know much more than others. That is not a slam at them, it is just the way it is.

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did they boo him? hope so

Really?? SMH That's unbelievable!

Unbelievable that once someone is a member of UAT that committed at Auburn high school? Is it really unbelievable? Like...you can't believe that?

No unbelievable that you want the kid boo'ed.

LOL...if you're not with us, you're against us. I'll be booing him for the next 3 years, and so will you. Ridiculous.

Guess AU's gonna have to break out the checkbook to get some LBs to come. Wow...

Most will say 'where is your evidence'? I say, you are right on the money. The elephant boys are 'influential'. Since little man became coach AU has had a lot of LB's that looked to be close to signing with AU only to go somewhere else.

I'm not saying uat paid, I'm saying AU is gonna have to at this point apparently. The complete lack of depth at LB is mindboggling since it's the QB of the defense. AU should be able to pull in good LBs.

Unbelievable that once someone is a member of UAT that committed at Auburn high school? Is it really unbelievable? Like...you can't believe that?

No unbelievable that you want the kid boo'ed.

Evans and his whole family should have been boo'ed.

No I guess it's not unbelievable. I just can't see AU men and women doing this. Disappointed, Yes, They can boo if they want to, I for one just think it's a little immature and not much like the AU Family that I believe in.

We got played... Plain and simple.

Alabama posters know their stuff. They called it days ago, while people on AUF were calling us stupid for listening to them.

Back to what I was saying...

He played our staff. Once again, being from Auburn, our coaches let him in our facilities whenever he wanted, and he attended our bowl selection party... Those are things you typically wouldn't let someone not coming to AU be a part of... So we got played AGAIN!

Now we are left with only 2 LB's... A position that needed addressing big time! And 1 of our commits is coming off ACL surgery.

Good luck trying to tackle Roc.

Hard to tackle a player while you are standing on the sidelines. Lol

Which 5 star Auburn highschool Linebacker will Auburn lose in 2015 lol? This has to stop, it looks really really bad.

Yes, it looks bad, but you cannot force some one to choose Auburn if they do not want to. I wish Evans the best and hope he gets what he needs.

Feel bad for the coaches, they worked their tails off for this kid and got played. Offered May 27, 2012. That's a lot of work to go home empty handed. Moving on...

Happens all of the time ... part of it.

Well between Reuben Foster and now Rashan Evans (both Auburn HS plyrs), I'd say the Linebacker recruiter for Auburn is dropping the ball big time. Once again we let Auburn residents leave.....

You really should think your statements through carefully. I would not trade 10 Fosters for one Tre Williams. Tre is an awesome LB recruit and should be celebrated as much as anyone that we might have missed on.

There is no way in hell you can convince me that bama is loading these players pickets with a s*** ton of money and other things.....Nick Saban isn't that good. Have you been to Tuscaloosa? It is a piece of crap city! 6/5* recruits? Yes, bama has a nice campus and nice facilities. Auburn's campus is much better. Rasheen Evans will be warming the bench until he's 20!

Well between Reuben Foster and now Rashan Evans (both Auburn HS plyrs), I'd say the Linebacker recruiter for Auburn is dropping the ball big time. Once again we let Auburn residents leave.....

This is not on Coach Johnson at all.

Today might be a good day to pretend you haven't heard anything and let the ranting occur. Nebulous assurances were just proven wrong. I doubt anyone wants to hear them now.

I mean, all things considered, he made a really good decision. Tough loss for Auburn, but you can't fault the kid.

Okay then.

My point is that he couldn't have made a bad decision between Auburn and Alabama. He will be great wherever he goes.

Bama owns Auburn High School. That's sad and embarrassing

Not particularly. Rueben spent one year at AHS so he was a totally different case. Rashaan had made it know a long time ago he wanted to get out of town for college. It's pretty normal for a kid to want to leave town after high school and go to college somewhere else. I was certainly one of those kids.

Archived