2014 5* DE Rashaan Evans (Alabama signee)

RunInRed

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Frustrating. All these "inside" sources were saying it was AU for sure every time we got nervous.....

There is misinformation feed all the time, apparently it happened to them. That's why you cannot get emotional about this. Be thankfull for what you have.

It's interesting how many people here think so low of Auburn's players. You think this kid will never play at Alabama because of their roster, yet he would be a superstar here? What kind of fan makes that statement?

So, every recruit we lose its because bama paid them? You would think some of these recruits that don't sign with the turds would start turning them in....

Pretend I wrote all this in yellow font.

Did they boo him? hope so

Really?? SMH That's unbelievable!

Booing him on the football field when he is playing against you is one thing Booing him at his own High School because you didn't like his decision is another thing. Most Auburn fans have class and to want a kid to be booed at his own High school does not show a lot of class. I wanted him bad but he never lied to us he never committed to us he made his decision and he will have to live with it. I think he might rue his decision down the road but only time will tell.

Unbelievable that once someone is a member of UAT that committed at Auburn high school? Is it really unbelievable? Like...you can't believe that?

No unbelievable that you want the kid boo'ed.

LOL...if you're not with us, you're against us. I'll be booing him for the next 3 years, and so will you. Ridiculous.

So, every recruit we lose its because bama paid them? You would think some of these recruits that don't sign with the turds would start turning them in....

I agree lol, it sounds a little like volnation lol, they think that everybody pays everyone except themselves.

Not surprised at all. However, am curious: there was a comment by an insider (Au student23?) that he will be AU unless something completely off the wall and unexpected happens, but that it won't. Now that it has. Does anyone know what that something was?

I will say to all those ppl that got railed on for saying they were doubting that Evans was coming to Auburn. All of you deserve an apology. First of all, no matter where the kid went, you shouldn't have gotten attacked by the insiders or any of the ppl who take their word as gold just because you had an opinion. Turns out all of your feelings were correct.

fat chance of that ever happening. One thing I have learned about this place is that dissent from the party line is severely frowned upon.

Well the "insiders" really came through. I'm just glad I didnt pay a DIME for any "inside scoop". JUST A SECOND War Eagle anyways

Nothing is 100%, but Evans told Mitchell and Roberts to come to his signing ceremony. He was going to AU. And it looks like he told AU he was in.

Not surprised at all. However, am curious: there was a comment by an insider (Au student23?) that he will be AU unless something completely off the wall and unexpected happens, but that it won't. Now that it has. Does anyone know what that something was?

Will not be discussed in this thread for the time being as it can likely lead to what happened Sunday.

The rumor was that the Coaches were told he was AU bound. What the heck happened? For a son of a former AU player and AU mother, raised in Auburn, signing with UAT especially with the excellent staff and program at AU, this is a kick in the teeth. It's his choice but he could have decided earlier and not dragged AU thru the humiliation. It's not right and not classy.

Well I wanted Evans, however if he does not want to be at Auburn then things would have not worked out.

If players don't want to be at Auburn then they should pick the school they think will work out best for them.

One player is not going to make or break our team, we have an AUsome 2014 class.

Time to move on.

Hypothetical. ...what if he doesn't fax his LOI to bammer. Instead to AU. ..I know. ..I'm reaching

Well between Reuben Foster and now Rashan Evans (both Auburn HS plyrs), I'd say the Linebacker recruiter for Auburn is dropping the ball big time. Once again we let Auburn residents leave.....

This is not on Coach Johnson at all.

Today might be a good day to pretend you haven't heard anything and let the ranting occur. Nebulous assurances were just proven wrong. I doubt anyone wants to hear them now.

Very good point.

Well the "insiders" really came through. I'm just glad I didnt pay a DIME for any "inside scoop". JUST A SECOND War Eagle anyways

Nothing is 100%, but Evans told Mitchell and Roberts to come to his signing ceremony. He was going to AU. And it looks like he told AU he was in.

Hence, we got played.

I think he had a hard time making that decision. We were very close to getting him. I also think that he will be just as good at Bama as he would have been with us. He didn't play anybody. If he had committed then flipped he would have played us.

I agree lol, it sounds a little like volnation lol, they think that everybody pays everyone except themselves.

Well, if you think it the charm of T-Town....LOL It has been the same for 50 years except for a few years after the Means affair was exposed. How good were they when that was going on?

Well between Reuben Foster and now Rashan Evans (both Auburn HS plyrs), I'd say the Linebacker recruiter for Auburn is dropping the ball big time. Once again we let Auburn residents leave.....

This is not on Coach Johnson at all.

Today might be a good day to pretend you haven't heard anything and let the ranting occur. Nebulous assurances were just proven wrong. I doubt anyone wants to hear them now.

+1

Thanks Ronin. :bow:

We have proof that "insiders" really aren't any more inside AU athletics than any run-of-the-mill internet poster.

Hope things work the way he has been sold. Great kid with a lot of pressure to make a decision. He will be a very good player.

I think we all need to take a deep breath and realize that had he chose AU we would all be exstatic. Unfortunately he did not. Wish him well and lets move on. At the end of the day these are 18 year old kids making very big decisions with everyone telling them what they want to hear. I do not envy the pressure that this family has been under in trying to make the best decsion for their son and family. They felt this was best now let them move forward as we shall also.

War Eagle!!! We still have a great LB corp coming in with this class.

Frustrating. All these "inside" sources were saying it was AU for sure every time we got nervous.....

Not since the meltdown Sunday. We picking AU but not said it was a sure thing. And the meltdown was not a factor.

Archived