therezie to corner?

Butthead

RT could play any of the three positions, but I agree Star is better for him. I think a lot of folks fail to see the task that is put on the Star. Even though there are some folks coming in that have great talent, it will take more than talent to overcome RT for the Star position. He has experience and confidence at the position. You have not watched these others go up against SEC talent like you have with RT. So bottom line you keep proven merchandise over untested talent. The big plus this year will be good depth. Last half of 2013 we were playing with a total of 6 DBs, This year we will have more than ample backups, There were a lot of games Davis, Mincy and RT were all tired the second half. Brighter days ahead on the Plains. WDE

RT is not ideal size or skill set for ANY position. However the dude was a gamer and for many games he was our best defender. I dont recall a bad angle or missed tackle by him. He can play any of the 3 positions mentioned and he might end up playing one he is not as suited for because of his versatility and lack of depth rather than what he does best. I wish he had redshirted and had 2 more seasons.

I didn't read through all 4 pages, but a lot of times I see the STAR position mentioned and people leave out Justin Garrett. He had a lot of hype coming out of Spring and was penciled in as the starter. If there are position moves, my vote is Move RT to Safety, Holsey to CB, and JG to Star.

Therezie will not move to Corner. He is not fluid enough to play the position, and the staff wouldn't even want him there because he does not physically fit the tall/rangy build they are looking for at the position.

Do you think the thought is Justin Garret to take back over at Star and put Therezie at weak side safety?

Archived