Please let Pearl

wdeexit310

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even tough the main site I saw was a UT chatroom, they were saying they thought Auburn might have a good chance getting Bruce since he's been out of work for a while. To my surprise, many UT didn't won't him back.

Even tough the main site I saw it was a UT chatroom, they were saying they thought Auburn might have a good chance getting Bruce since he's been out of work for a while. To my surprise, many UT didn't won't him back.

Tennessee not in the market for a coach, why would they want him back. Tennessee will be playing in the NCAA Tourney next week.

I can't believe the people on this site. My father played football at Auburn with Shug; my undergraduate

degree is from Auburn and I taught there from 1969-1973; and my son is an Auburn graduate in engineering.

I bleed orange and blue. How can you possibly want Bruce Pearl on the Auburn campus. He is a proven cheat

of the worst kind. Does winning mean so much to you that you are willing to sell your soul to the devil?

Shamed on us if we hire this man!

I can't believe the people on this site. My father played football at Auburn with Shug; my undergraduate

degree is from Auburn and I taught there from 1969-1973; and my son is an Auburn graduate in engineering.

I bleed orange and blue. How can you possibly want Bruce Pearl on the Auburn campus. He is a proven cheat

of the worst kind. Does winning mean so much to you that you are willing to sell your soul to the devil?

You make four of us on this board with serious reservations. Seems that everyone else is hell-bent that nobody but Pearl can even hope to win here. I'm not convinced that AU will offer the job to Pearl or that if offered, Pearl would accept. We'll pay whatever is necessary but I think at this point there are more important things than money to both AU and Pearl .

You guys act like Bruce Pearl orchestrated the Watergate scandal and masterminded the JFK assassination. He lied about having players over for dinner. That's pretty much it. Pat Dye, Cam Newton, and Nick Marshall all did much worse when they were here. Bruce Pearl is an EXCELLENT coach and available. His baggage is extremely minimal and the lead investigator of his case has given Auburn the ok to hire him. We'd be foolish not too.

When it comes to athletics, yes winning means everything. If being a great man/woman was all that is needed to be a coach, we'd still have Gene Chizik coaching football. He got fired because he didn't win games. Coach Barbee got fired because he didn't win games. Our AD will bring in a coach who they think can win the most games. That is their job. Would you rather have a general who wins 80% of the battles he fights but is a total b*stard or one who wins 35% of the battles he fights but is a choir boy?

You guys act like Bruce Pearl orchestrated the Watergate scandal and masterminded the JFK assassination. He lied about having players over for dinner. That's pretty much it. Pat Dye, Cam Newton, and Nick Marshall all did much worse when they were here. Bruce Pearl is an EXCELLENT coach and available. His baggage is extremely minimal and the lead investigator of his case has given Auburn the ok to hire him. We'd be foolish not too.

What, pray tell, did Cam Newton and Nick Marshall do when they were here that is much worse than Pearl's lies to the NCAA and his employers? This should be good.

I am on board with his being hired. We all think he learned from that. if he has then good for him and us. Auburn is tougher than UT to succeed at basketball. If he gets tempted to cut corners even more than one would normally let slide and gets busted, then Auburn is in a worse position than they are now with no chance of recovery for maybe a generation. I am not assuming anything bad will happen nor am I trying to be a Debbie. downer, just not willing to just dismiss everything out of hand and say that there is no possible downside to this.

As I said before, college athletics that are revenue sports are sewers. There are no "clean" coaches. The very nature of their profession demands that they skirt a grey line. (Yes, all of them.)

I am more inclined to think that Pearl realizes that his mistake cost him something that is very dear to his heart, coaching basketball. He is less likely to do anything that would jeapordize that again. We have the toughest Compliance depts. in college athletics. I think he will be fine with us.

"To err is human, to forgive..divine."

A proven cheat? The guy had kids over for dinner, then lied about it. I have heard of much worse done by former Auburn coaches in both football and basketball. Give me a break.

The positives of hiring Pearl FAR outweigh negatives. This program needs a shot in the arm in the worst way and BP would certainly provide the boost we need.

For those of you who disapprove of this hire, can someone please tell me what Bruce Pearl did besides lying about having a recruit over for a cookout? Until someone comes up with evidence to suggest otherwise, he did NOT pay players.

Yet, we have a football field named after a man that was involved in paying players....

We have a QB that STOLE from his teammates...

Am I missing something?

Bobby Petrino showed a pattern of shady behavior. To MY knowledge, Bruce Pearl made one mistake. I think Auburn has proven that we will give guys another chance if they are changed individuals. And if Pearl proves that he has changed, in addition to what TitanTiger has suggested about the blessing of our compliance Department, then I say put some Orange & Blue on him and pay him the money it takes to get him here!!

Exactly ^^^ I was one of those that rallied against Petrino, because he showed a trait for trouble. I never felt he owned up to his mistake. That is why I did not want him I can care less what a turd biased media thinks about anything Auburn. Watching Pearl through out his career I never detected this attitude. He paid his price. If he comes to AU then I will support him. WDE

JJ, please bring Chuck Person home. bama already has a lying coach. The state doesn't need another one.

If JJ does decide to want Pearl, we have to petition the NCAA for permission. Not good PR for Auburn.

I'm willing to bet that if Pearl got the AU job and won a few SEC and National Championships, those same people who in no way wants him, they would make a 180 turn around and post this was the best hire since we got Malzahn. and didn't we try to get Bruce sooner.

JJ, please bring Chuck Person home. bama already has a lying coach. The state doesn't need another one.

If JJ does decide to want Pearl, we have to petition the NCAA for permission. Not good PR for Auburn.

Anybody that has followed the situation is not going to think bad of Auburn for hiring Bruce Pearl. He got the arguably the harshest punishment in NCAA history for what little he did. Everybody knows that who has followed it. Those who haven't....should keep their mouths shut if they don't know about the situation.

The only people opening their mouths are going to be the poor SOB's that WISH they had BP and will be taking beatings from Auburn basketball in the years to come.

You are forgetting that the lead investigator (Didion) in the Tennessee situation with Pearl is now at Auburn in our compliance dept. He has already very much given a green light to Auburn administration to pursue Pearl. If he hadn't I doubt we would even have considered him. Having Didion at Auburn is great for Auburn, if we bring Pearl in, and it's great from the NCAA perspective that he's being monitored closely. It's a win / win.

Archived