Auburn vs. Mississippi Game 2/3 Doubleheader

With 2 out, Grier caught on a pickoff but makes it to second on Ole Miss shortstop error. 2 down, runner on second for Yak

Yak hits a ball to right field and Grier is out by 50,000 feet trying to get home. End of inning. Another inning we potentiallyrun ourselves out of (There was no chance even as Grier rounded third)

First base umpire calls Tella out to end the forth with a runner left at second. Hard to tell from over here down left field line, but I thought he was safe by a good half step. Headed mid 4 regardless.

4-0 now after a 2RBI single following two walks. That's all I got tonight guys, gonna head out and try to get home before midnight. Disappointing series, albeit against a good team. I thought the execution the first three weeks of the season was bad, but our execution this weekend was even worse than that.

Auburn finally gets out of the inning but not before Ole Miss tacks on another run. Going to the top of the 7th, Ole Miss leads 5-0.

AU at risk of being shut out in both ends of a double header.......really hurts after letting game one get away.

Auburn finally gets on the scoreboard and trails 5-1 headed to the bottom of the 7th.

In the top of the 8th and Ole Miss walks the bases loaded with nobody out. A chance for a late game rally.

Ole Miss gets 3 straight strikeouts and we leave the bases loaded. Unbelievable..... Going to the bottom of the 8th. Ole Miss leads 5-1.

Ole Miss wins 5-1 and gets the sweep. Auburn goes to 19-14 overall and 5-7 in the SEC.

Next game is on Tuesday at home against Troy at 6 p.m. CT

Archived