HDTV..

woods1110

I just bought a HDTV and picked up my receiver from Charter yesterday. I am finally convinced that the HDTV's in the stores do not do justice to what you exprience when you get it home.

I am also convinced that you haven't exprienced anything until you experience DISCOVERY CHANNEL in HDTV...AMAZING!!!

Now, one question. I know Fox, ESPN, and I think CBS (college football) all broadcast in HDTV? ESPN has their own ESPN HD channel. What I am trying to figure out is if I watch the regular cable channel, Fox or CBS, will I get those two channels in HD? Or do I have to specifically order FOXHD OR CBSHD? I am confused...

I am wanting to watch the SECCG in HD if CBS broadcasts it that way!

In St Louis, our local channels are CBS and FOX in HD (so on our cable box, channel 2 is FOX, channel 745 is Fox HD - it's two different signals - watching the regular Fox channel, you will not get the HD signal). NBC and ABC are still digital signals, but no HD. We also get ESPN, an HBO/SHO, HDNet, and some other movie channel. We don't get the Discovery channel, I've heard that they are trying to add it. Ordering the HD channels is a few extra bucks a month (for some reason, $20 sounds like what we pay for it), and includes your choice of either HBO or Showtime.

CBS had been broadcasting all of the SEC Games in HD this year.

For the Bama game, I was watching the game in HD in my basement with my father-in-law and one of my wife's sister's boyfriends. Upstairs, my wife was watching it with her mom and her sister on the regular TV. The HD signal was delayed about 2 seconds. We'd hear either come cussing or cheering coming from upstairs, and know something big was about to happen.

I don't think Charter does the Fox HD and the CBS HD. I know they have Showtime, HBO, Discovery, ESPN, and one more I think, but thats it.

I don't think they even offer Fox and CBS. Oh well..

Archived