Tubberville may leave, according to local radio

autigeremt

I am about livid! A local Upstate(S.C.) Sports Radio Host, Mikey Plyler, has been making comments regarding the possible departure of Coach Tubberville at the end of the season. Has anyone heard anything whatsoever? We have a couple of recruits in this area that could be affected by this.

I am about livid! A local Upstate(S.C.) Sports Radio Host, Mikey Plyler, has been making comments regarding the possible departure of Coach Tubberville at the end of the season. Has anyone heard anything whatsoever? We have a couple of recruits in this area that could be affected by this.

128420[/snapback]

My man Flava Flav said it best:

"Don't believe the hype!"

128420[/snapback]

I heard from other "people" that he might be heading to FL, but that is strictly people talking. This isn't from a radio station or any news source. I don't even want to think about it at this point....that would piss me off.

At least I would learn to hate Florida much more than I have in the past!

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/birmingha...82861268620.xml

Tuberville dismisses ESPN rumor

Thursday, December 02, 2004

AUBURN - Tommy Tuberville dismissed talk Wednesday that he might leave Auburn to jump on this year's college coaching carousel.

ESPN had suggested earlier in the day that Tuberville might pop up in some high-profile coaching searches, including the one at Florida.

"That's just speculation," he said after Wednesday's practice. "I hope they let me come back here. I want to be here and my family loves it here."

If he goes, we (in this case "they") deserve it. IMHO he will stay, he's just waiting for us/them to show him the money! He may even be leveraging ol' Big Boy Lowder out. We'll just have to wait and see.

LE

He just said it again! And Walt Deptula agreed! I think these guys hate US! They kept saying stuff like "THEY treated him bad, ect"!

WE did'nt as a whole. Heck, we backed him 99% according to Tommy himself.

It just makes me ill! CTT has been great.

Let's all spell it together: T-U-B-E-R-V-I-L-L-E.

Now, let's think about the Florida thing. No way they are willing to fork over the 3 mil to buy out the AU contract and then pay another 2 mil a year on top of that. Also, CTT likes it in AU and wants to tie down his coordinators for a few more years so that he can build a power.

First of all, there's only one B in Tuberville. He's been our coach for what, 6 years now and we still can't spell his name right? Come on...

Second of all, do you really think Tuberville is going to uproot his family not even a year after the hell he and his family went through last year? So what if he leaves on his own terms, that's still a huge decision and would add stress to him and his family. He has young kids that aren't even in middle school yet, I don't think. I'd be willing to bet he and his wife would like nothing more than stability at this point. His team is at the top of college football right now and he's about to land a top 5 recruiting class.

Having said that, how is the UF job going to be better? I mean, I've seen CTT's golf game and I know Florida has some nice courses, but come on. At UF, you're fired if you don't equal Spurrier...sounds like a deal to me! :rolleyes:

This is nothing new from radio or TV. A couple of weeks ago I watched & heard Tim Brando say the same thing. Basically that "rumors" are high that CTT will leave Auburn at the end of the year to take the Florida job. "And it would serve them (Auburn) right!" I do remember that quote correctly.

Think about it, the recruiting year is revving up into high gear. South Carolina hires Steve Spurrier. South Carolina recruiting is not good at all. AUBURN is headed toward a probable TOP TEN possible TOP FIVE in the NATION recruiting year. Why wouldn't the folks in South Carolina be starting rumors like this?

Sorry about the "B" tigers..............Just pissed!. I don't think he's going anywhere, but the hear these arse holes Auburn is a JOKE!

War Damn Eagle!

Sorry about the "B" tigers..............Just pissed!. I don't think he's going anywhere, but the hear these arse holes Auburn is a JOKE!

War Damn Eagle!

128443[/snapback]

South Carolina fans thinking Auburn is a joke. Now that is truly funny. :lol::lol::lol:

Yet another STUPID R U M O R that does nothing but possibly HURT AUBURN.

Mods, can we PLEASE get rid of this one in a hurry!?

And, please refrain from posting this type of garbage in the future. :rolleyes:

THANKS IN ADVANCE ! ! ! :D

It's a recruiting ploy, plain and simple. His family loves it in Auburn!

"This is a great place to live," Tuberville said. "This is a great university. We've got a chance to win a lot of championships and a lot of games here. I hope they want me here for a long time. But you've got to be wanted, obviously. I told people when I got here that this is the dream job I always wanted."

WAR EAGLE...FOCUS...BEAT THE VOLS!!!!!

Actually, at 11-0 I'm surprised his name hasn't come up more often with all the firings out there. That's just the way it is these days. One great season and you're the new hot commodity. It's all speculation guys and we never will know what really goes on behind the scenes.

Our ill-fated BOT excursion to Louisville was something that goes on everywhere. Our idiots just got caught and thank the Lord for that. Does anyone honestly think Urban Meyer and ND haven't had talks already? Of course they have. That's just part of business and this is big business. Right now, the ball's in AU's court and it's up to our administration to lock him and his assistants up here at Auburn for a while. The radio and TV talking heads can speculate all they want but they don't know anything more than we do here on this board.

yeah, i too am tired of threads concerning rumors about ctt departing from the plains. lets get focused and hyped about the upcoming game against krispy kreme and the powder puffs.

I just dont see how he could leave with wat he has at Auburn.

1.Family

2.Top Recruiting Class

3. Great Staff

4.Probaly a better team beside Leek

*hes been here six years with years unequal to this one. Has a lotta of potential to take Auburn to the top of the SEC

Yeah, whatever, and Saban is going to the Dolphins/Saints/Raiders/Niners right after he finishes walking on water, and Spurrier is going to take South Carolina to the National Championship game next year... :rolleyes:

All these topics belong in the same place... :19: :pee7:

Archived