The opener against the Pigs just keeps getting bigger!

EagleFlight34

We will mop the floor with Arky this year & next year...'ole sausage fingers will be sent packing soon enough and sent to the Sunbelt or MAC to reside as the below-average coach that he is.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In this thread alone Bielema has been named Bert, Bret, and Burt. That's more new information than what was in the link.

"Bert" has long been an intentional misspelling used as a mocking moniker.

Amazed that required an explanation :jossun:

At this point I am just wondering which way CGM is going to decide to cook the hogs. Is he going to pound 'em with a tenderizing hammer then slow roast 'em with about 50 plays - most of which go up the gut for 10+ yards - just to prove a point again. Or is he just gonna torch 'em and sear their flesh for 90+ plays just to get under ole Bulemia's skin?? :bananadance:

This game was already big, it is a no win situation for Auburn. We are expected to win if it is close or we lose the media will have a field day

A win is a win is a win. Winning a close game could well be better for the season as a whole, both in keeping the team focused (though I don't believe that will be a problem with the amount of veteran leadership) and in lulling other teams into believing we were just a one year fluke.

On the other hand, winning big means, if nothing else, serving notice to the rest of the SEC that we ain't going anywhere, whether they like it or not.

Bielema is likely feeling the flames at his feet, and this is just him dancing to the only tune he knows to sing.

Arky has no natural rival in the sec and I think Bert's just trying to manufacture one. If it wasn't for his antics, would anyone, any where care about Arkansas or even identify correctly on a state map? It's a frantic attemp at any type of relevance. Honestly if it wasn't a slow day I wouldn't have read a thread with Arkansas in the title.

Why is it so hard for posters to put at least a portion of the article in the original post? It's not that hard and would provide others a synopsis of the article to know if they want to read the whole thing. Starting a thread and just putting a link in it just comes of as being lazy.

so is not clicking on the link

Why is it so hard for posters to put at least a portion of the article in the original post? It's not that hard and would provide others a synopsis of the article to know if they want to read the whole thing. Starting a thread and just putting a link in it just comes of as being lazy.

lol

With this game being at Auburn, I don't see the game being close. This will be a 3 touchdown or more win.

Honestly I hope we blow them out but I also hope we use a similar game plan to last years arkansas game. Nothing but HB dives down the field just as a big F You to fat boy.

I don't know, I think an all out air raid would say just about the same since he's prepping for AU and has no idea what the O will look like. Maybe he has someone taping the A-day or is going to request the NCAA mandate CGM forward him a tape. Either way, beat arky and move on to the next one. Gotta run, smell bacon cooking!!!

It only makes sense that he would hate Malzahn. Gus revolutionized high school football in Arkansas to the point that pretty much everyone is running something akin to his HUNH attack, and having worked with a contracting company out of Arkansas in the wake of the Gulf oil spill, I found out that there was a large contingent who wanted Gus to be Petrino's successor. Bielema doesn't fit so well because he expected to be revered for his success at Wisconsin and have his pick of the litter within state borders, but instead he is second guessed by a fan base that longs for high octane offense and coaches who have modeled their styles, and thus their best athletes, toward an attack that doesn't mesh with his own.

Now that Petrino has been brought back down to earth again, they could conceivably expect that he might finish out his career there, if for no other reason than not being able to do better than Arky. In other words, Bret had danged well better make some noise ON the field if he wants to stick around Fayetteville for long.

Bert is not long for Arkansas anyway. I think BP probably has a better position where he is. He gets to play in the ACC which is much less competitive than the SEC. He can recruit as well or maybe even better at Louisville than Arkansas.

Except not wanting to click on a link IS actual laziness and my not copy/pasting was due to not being able to do so from my phone. Funny that laziness is shown again by his not taking the time to think of that as a possibility.

Thanks, Massie!

Arky has no natural rival in the sec and I think Bert's just trying to manufacture one. If it wasn't for his antics, would anyone, any where care about Arkansas or even identify correctly on a state map? It's a frantic attemp at any type of relevance. Honestly if it wasn't a slow day I wouldn't have read a thread with Arkansas in the title.

this is a great point as Brett will attempt to seal the borders for Arky recruits to build his program, the biggest threat is an Arky native, therfore you show ne fear. While he will continue to make an ass of himself publicly he is a good coach and can maintain a solid program. AU fans should not waste their energy creating the rivalry back and just let him turn his own fanbase against him, aka WI.

Bla Bla, it is offseason fodder. Great, he is preparing for the first game. It won't matter.

I like Arkansas finding a coach that most resembles their mascot. That and they will not be relevant for the next 3-5 years. SEC is tough enough, we need another Vandy to take the pressure off. I wish this game was mid season instead of 1st. We can beat them in a walk though.

Bla Bla, it is offseason fodder. Great, he is preparing for the first game. It won't matter.

I like Arkansas finding a coach that most resembles their mascot. That and they will not be relevant for the next 3-5 years. SEC is tough enough, we need another Vandy to take the pressure off. I wish this game was mid season instead of 1st. We can beat them in a walk though.

If the players go in with that attitude, we could EASILY get beaten, and then Bielema has some clout...I expect the team to be fully prepared, both mentally and physically, so I expect we will win, but you can't underestimate ANYBODY, let alone an SEC West rival with an entire off season to focus on winning one game.

Honestly I hope we blow them out but I also hope we use a similar game plan to last years arkansas game. Nothing but HB dives down the field just as a big F You to fat boy.

I don't know, I think an all out air raid would say just about the same since he's prepping for AU and has no idea what the O will look like. Maybe he has someone taping the A-day or is going to request the NCAA mandate CGM forward him a tape. Either way, beat arky and move on to the next one. Gotta run, smell bacon cooking!!

He does have someone taping it....ESPN

this is a great point as Brett will attempt to seal the borders for Arky recruits to build his program, the biggest threat is an Arky native, therfore you show ne fear. While he will continue to make an ass of himself publicly he is a good coach and can maintain a solid program. AU fans should not waste their energy creating the rivalry back and just let him turn his own fanbase against him, aka WI.

I admittedly giggled a little at this post. Seal the boarders of arky? Like there is a plethora of talent in that state! But they do tend to have a handful of good recruits every year and he does need to pull in all of 'em to be successfull there.

I admittedly giggled a little at this post. Seal the boarders of arky? Like there is a plethora of talent in that state! But they do tend to have a handful of good recruits every year and he does need to pull in all of 'em to be successfull there.

True. Arky, like Tennessee, does not have sufficient state talent to sustain top 20 recruiting so 1) seal the borders and 2) create a buzz so you can recruit texas, Louisiana, ect. How do you create a buzz at Arkansas ? No rivalry game, no real out of state rep, and a coach that has no reputation with recruits in the region. My feeling is it may be possible cbb has some personal issue with cgm (if so, seek counseling), but the real ploy is trying to get anyone beyond Arkansas fans to care (good or bad) about Arkansas.

Bulemia is setting himself up for a huge fall. Deservedly so.

Focusing on Gus is not going to help him. As others have alluded to, we will be a much different offense this year than last.

If Bulemia wants to stack the line, let him. With Coates on one side and Williams on the other, that isn't going to work out well. Will for us, not for the pigs.

I do not see Bulemia in Fayetteville for more than 2 more seasons. The Arkie fans do not like to lose and they certainly do not like a loud mouth who cannot back up his claims.

Bulemia wants to ride little Nicky's coat tails and that is not going to work out well for him either. Saban is a perfectionist at exercising the art of processing players and coat tail riders.

I am sure Bulemia hates Gus so much because he is little Nicky's number one nemesis and he is tired of hearing about the home town hero from Springdale. Gus is a class act and will not stoop to his level. LIttle Nicky is going to put a knife in Bulemia's back before it is over and leave him high and dry.

Lastly I do not blame the Arkie fans. If I were them, I would much rather have an amoral Petrino over loud mouth DA who is making them a laughing stock. I am still perplexed why Arkie did not go after a proven class act like Tuberville. Not that I would want Tubs there, he would have them competing every year.

Archived