Baseball vs. LSU game 2

AU hung tough a few innings but wheels came off in the LSU 4th. AU gave up 5 runs on a variety of LSU hits and AU mistakes that ended Mike O'Neal's night with six hits and six runs..

LSU pitcher Nola is top rate MLB prospect and has kept AU hitters under control.

Score 6-0 in bottom of the 4th.

I just don't know if we can do it. Maybe LSU will cruise enough to give us a shot. That team (LSU) is the best team we've played this season. At least from a talent standpoint.

I haven't got to follow AU baseball too much recently, so I'm not sure what the outlook of the program is looking like. I know they are doing terrible now, but are the kids still working their arses off? Also, any chance that coach G may be looking elsewhere?

I haven't got to follow AU baseball too much recently, so I'm not sure what the outlook of the program is looking like. I know they are doing terrible now, but are the kids still working their arses off? Also, any chance that coach G may be looking elsewhere?

I don't know about coach G. I "think" he wants to see this through but he hasn't lost like this in a very long time. The team is playing a lot of freshman but it's no excuse. I think he can turn it around but I also thought Pawlowski would so........

I just don't know if we can do it. Maybe LSU will cruise enough to give us a shot. That team (LSU) is the best team we've played this season. At least from a talent standpoint.

LSU plays like a really great MLB team. They are the best college team I've seen in a long,long time. I'm not sure they even have a weakness anywhere. Aaron Nola is almost unhittable. Poche' is right behind him.

My mind says AU is toast. My heart still has hope. WDE anyway!!!

Why is Daniel Robert not playing? I missed what they said tonight. Is he hurt or in the doghouse?

At least we avoided the mercy rule.

Understand Ortman may get the start today...only one day rest....but then again, he did not pitch much on Thursday and might be able to get far enough along for AU to have a shot at the win.

Ortman should be good to go with no problem. What he did Thursday was only your typical relief appearance, or a 'between starts" workout.

Why is Daniel Robert not playing? I missed what they said tonight. Is he hurt or in the doghouse?

"Freshman Daniel Robert is likely out with a meniscus injury and will get a medical scan Friday."

MRI showed nothing that would require immediate surgery.

Archived