2013 4* S Tray Matthews (Georgia signee & transferred to AU)

Rednilla

Guest Tigereagle03

Matthews said he had a great time and loved Auburn and its coaching staff. He plans to be back for more visits this summer and fall. Matthews said he's still committed but Auburn is definitely in the picture along with Alabama. He said his mom also really loved Auburn.

Here's his opening quote on visit..

"It felt great coming over here. The coaches treated me well. Academics came first out of anything. I swear, it was almost identical to Georgia. I loved it down here.

"Everybody is just fun to be around. Me and Trooper Taylor were laughing the whole time I was up here. Coach Gene Chizik is a great man, spiritual man also, like Mark Richt. I loved every moment up here."

Matthews is still committed to UGA but...

"It’s hard. This whole recruiting process is hard. I didn’t know it was going to be like this. Georgia was always No. 1 on top but I just didn’t know Auburn was like this.

"I love it down here. My family loves it down here too. I hate to say it, but I’m thinking about Auburn too."

Matthews said a version of "I love it down here" or "My family loves it down here" a total of seven times during 5:30 minute interview. Full story coming soon...

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tray Matthews: "Georgia has always been number one on top, but I didn’t know Auburn was like this. I love it here, my family loves it too."

Tray Matthews on the Tray,Foster,Trooper photo-" “Us 3 together is traggic. One of the funniest coaches I've ever met in my life”  http://instagr.am/p/LYSgEoRueM/

Did y'all see the comments on the picture?!?!!? UGA fans were like take those ugly a** jersey's off, you are coming to UGA. And tray responded "How bout you come take em off of us. Hell wrong wit yu"

Tray Matthews on the Tray,Foster,Trooper photo-" “Us 3 together is traggic. One of the funniest coaches I've ever met in my life”  http://instagr.am/p/LYSgEoRueM/

Did y'all see the comments on the picture?!?!!? UGA fans were like take those ugly a** jersey's off, you are coming to UGA. And tray responded "How bout you come take em off of us. Hell wrong wit yu"

I would serious doubt what some UGA fans said would have much influence. Would take this with a grain of salt, but it does mean flipping one or both is possible.

Is Tray @ Bama w/ Foster this week?

No. He was at a cookout at his cousin's I saw that rumor Matthews visiting Bammer too although i don't know where it came from.

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone noticed that he goes by Tray Eric Berry Matthews on facebook. I assume there is some type of hidden innuendo in doing so, and from what I have read we are in good shape with the Berry twins. I know I know... I'm looking to deep into it, but it just makes me curious.  :banghead:

Has anyone noticed that he goes by Tray Eric Berry Matthews on facebook. I assume there is some type of hidden innuendo in doing so, and from what I have read we are in good shape with the Berry twins. I know I know... I'm looking to deep into it, but it just makes me curious.   :banghead:

It just means he feels he is a freak of a safety like Eric Berry is.

Has anyone noticed that he goes by Tray Eric Berry Matthews on facebook. I assume there is some type of hidden innuendo in doing so, and from what I have read we are in good shape with the Berry twins. I know I know... I'm looking to deep into it, but it just makes me curious.   :banghead:

Probably means he's wanting to be as great a safety as Eric Berry is. Not a bad shooting point if you ask me.

Tray is visiting in two weeks with father. Said he and Rueben were package deal and bammer no longer in running for him. Woah

Tray is visiting in two weeks with father. Said he and Rueben were package deal and bammer no longer in running for him. Woah

Where did you pick up on this information?

Also, news on the Berry Twins? We still in the lead?

Archived