2013 4* S Tray Matthews (Georgia signee & transferred to AU)

Rednilla

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest EagleDamnWar

They're not a "package deal". I don't know if he's visiting in two weeks or not.

Tray, Foster, and Kamara are considered a package deal.  Most likely it won't happen but currently, all 3 are saying they are playing together.  And, it is being reported by Auburnsports.com that he is "planning to be back in Auburn in the next two weeks or so and he's bringing his father with him."

He is visiting within a couple of weeks because his dad wants to meet the coaches. Trey did say Alabama was out of the picture, and did say that he and foster plan on going to the same school.

I still don't think that will happen though.

They're not a "package deal". I don't know if he's visiting in two weeks or not.

Tray, Foster, and Kamara are considered a package deal.  Most likely it won't happen but currently, all 3 are saying they are playing together.  And, it is being reported by Auburnsports.com that he is "planning to be back in Auburn in the next two weeks or so and he's bringing his father with him."

I saw that, but there's a difference in a package deal and teenagers wanting to play together. Keenan Allen and Maynard were a package deal. In other words, they would only go to the same school. This is obviously not the same situation.

I saw that, but there's a difference in a package deal and teenagers wanting to play together. Keenan Allen and Maynard were a package deal. In other words, they would only go to the same school. This is obviously not the same situation.

If Reuben does flip to us, how much will our chances of getting Matthews go up?

http://vmedia.rivals.com/uploads/878/1258471.MP3

Interview with Tray Matthews. Interesting stuff about him and Reuben Foster.

Apparently Auburn's making a lot of noise around all the recruits there, and Matthews mentioned it's between UGA and AU for both him and Reuben.

Personally, I like this little exchange between UGA reporter at rivals camp and Mathews (verbatim):

Mathews: But really its Georgia and Auburn now (saying bama is out of it for him).

Reporter: Why's that?

Mathews: Cause the way it seems, umm, Rueben (Foster) and all these other players, all they been talking about is Auburn and so, it's between Auburn and Georgia with them. I'm not gonna say me because I'm committed to Georgia.

So, basically, he says he is committed to UGA, but seems he is considering AU still (and no one else), and Foster and others are talking about Auburn - not bama or UGA.

http://vmedia.rivals.com/uploads/878/1258471.MP3

Interview with Tray Matthews. Interesting stuff about him and Reuben Foster.

Apparently Auburn's making a lot of noise around all the recruits there, and Matthews mentioned it's between UGA and AU for both him and Reuben.

Dude! I am liking what you are bringing to the board. Try to stay unbanned kind sir. Iconcheers.gif

Man, Tray really sounds like a good young man in that interview.  I would absolutely love to see he and Rueben end up at Auburn.  Even if that doesn't work out though, I still think he is a great kid, and wish him all the best.

Maybe they will keep pushing the "Dream Class" idea to the recruits and they will all see how good they could be together. Plus the more we get on board the more solid they will all become together.

Maybe they will keep pushing the "Dream Class" idea to the recruits and they will all see how good they could be together. Plus the more we get on board the more solid they will all become together.

Trust me, it's already in action. Carl and Dee have been recruiting hard to make this the best defensive class I can remember Auburn having...

Trust me, it's already in action. Carl and Dee have been recruiting hard to make this the best defensive class I can remember Auburn having...

I couldn't imagine how great the defense would be with Liner, Lawson, Bower, and possibly Adams coming off the line with Foster and Johnson at LB and Matthew in the secondary. Especially when you add in the other players we have committed and on the team already. If BVG can turn the Defense around enough this year it will go along way in helping get some more on board.

Guest jrljr

I couldn't imagine how great the defense would be with Liner, Lawson, Bower, and possibly Adams coming off the line with Foster and Johnson at LB and Matthew in the secondary. Especially when you add in the other players we have committed and on the team already. If BVG can turn the Defense around enough this year it will go along way in helping get some more on board.

I,m trying not to get my hopes up too much, I mean the guys committed already are awesome but if you add just 2 or 3 more guys...WOW!!! I will wet my pants on NSD!!! :party:

I,m trying not to get my hopes up too much, I mean the guys committed already are awesome but if you add just 2 or 3 more guys...WOW!!! I will wet my pants on NSD!!! :party:

I could go a lot of directions with this, but I am going to leave it alone  :laugh:

Whether we are or not, he's definitely making it sound like we're making a solid push.

Hopefully Foster will be with him again when he and his dad visit. By all accounts Foster seems to be solidly associated with the Auburn crowd to most of the recruits...

Anyone else notice how it was Tray that kept brininging AU up in the interview. The UGA guy was just asking him broad questions and Tray just kept going back to AU. Now they are saying Shaq and Glass might visit? I just think something more is going on than a lot of people might guess right now. If this was going down in the reverse way with our recruits, I'd be worried.

I just think something more is going on than a lot of people might guess right now.

Don't know for sure but a part of it I bet is our little nucleus of studs who have committed already (DL, CL, TJ et el) and who are recruiting their tales off themselves to help bring more talent with them to AU.

Anyone else notice how it was Tray that kept brininging AU up in the interview. The UGA guy was just asking him broad questions and Tray just kept going back to AU. Now they are saying Shaq and Glass might visit? I just think something more is going on than a lot of people might guess right now. If this was going down in the reverse way with our recruits, I'd be worried.

This man pays attention.

Archived