2013 4* S Tray Matthews (Georgia signee & transferred to AU)

Rednilla

gr82b4au, you need to stop worrying about how much room we will have, because if our coaches can sign 29 studs, then we'll get 29 (4 early enrollers). 

They can't. There is no room... unless of course they do it the uat way and start forcing people out the door or take medical hardships. 

So kk - does that mean first come first served?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No one seems to be suggesting that these guys may decide to play in one place, and that place could be ALABAMA. I've read these posts about the Bama coaches privately thinking that Foster is not going to the Crapstain, but, after the Calloway deal from 2 years ago, I wouldn't hold my breath thinking they're all coming to AU. I hope they do, but I'm going to temper my feelings about this.

Let's just pretend that all of this is true and these players decide they want to come to Auburn. We do not have a lot of room. Are we going to turn our back on other positions of need? First come first serve? Or are we going to start doing the uat approach and ask some players to grey shirt?

It is an interesting developement for sure. You can't really turn down the top talent in America if they want to play for you (because you will be fired), but then you can't turn your back on the players already committed (because you will look like a heartless loser - see uat).

lucky for us, another elite LB is a position of need. We NEED one more safety and one more Guard as well. Other than that this class is all built around improving the overall talent level. We don't lose that much, therefore won't have as many NEEDS. We have a good bit of "wants" though. If we can land another stud DT (Adams) and Foster to go with a good safety, we're set.

On defense we would be.  That's the reason I think Wiggins is odd-man out here.  On offense, though, having Kamara as a scat-back along with a power back (either of Wilkins, Dye, D Green, or Bryant) could be a remote possibility.  As far as numbers go, you've got to start thinking in the 21-22 range.  Think of what's happened in just the past couple of weeks: Will Pike come back?  Will Jarad Davis's unfortunate injury force a grey shirt?  Will Patrick Miller have another moment?  These are hard questions, but they have to be addressed.

No one seems to be suggesting that these guys may decide to play in one place, and that place could be ALABAMA. I've read these posts about the Bama coaches privately thinking that Foster is not going to the Crapstain, but, after the Calloway deal from 2 years ago, I wouldn't hold my breath thinking they're all coming to AU. I hope they do, but I'm going to temper my feelings about this.

Matthews said he will not play at Bama....said as much just last week.

Let's just pretend that all of this is true and these players decide they want to come to Auburn. We do not have a lot of room. Are we going to turn our back on other positions of need? First come first serve? Or are we going to start doing the uat approach and ask some players to grey shirt?

It is an interesting developement for sure. You can't really turn down the top talent in America if they want to play for you (because you will be fired), but then you can't turn your back on the players already committed (because you will look like a heartless loser - see uat).

lucky for us, another elite LB is a position of need. We NEED one more safety and one more Guard as well. Other than that this class is all built around improving the overall talent level. We don't lose that much, therefore won't have as many NEEDS. We have a good bit of "wants" though. If we can land another stud DT (Adams) and Foster to go with a good safety, we're set.

On defense we would be.  That's the reason I think Wiggins is odd-man out here.  On offense, though, having Kamara as a scat-back along with a power back (either of Wilkins, Dye, D Green, or Bryant) could be a remote possibility.  As far as numbers go, you've got to start thinking in the 21-22 range.  Think of what's happened in just the past couple of weeks: Will Pike come back?  Will Jarad Davis's unfortunate injury force a grey shirt?  Will Patrick Miller have another moment?  These are hard questions, but they have to be addressed.

We've got scat backs now who are better than Kamara. Tre Mason is a guy that can be a scat back or an every down guy. Same with Grant.

Was he talking to Dolphins' reporters when he said it?

Article on 247: Matthews says it is 100% that he and Foster play together and they will announce where that is before their first game. Who knows.

Why would THEY be announcing if Tray is staying at UGA?

"I'd like to announce my commitment to Georgia"..... (yup, we knew that already)

Yeah thats what i was thinking with Jaquay Williams last year, so i was feeling bad about him announcing his decision again, but he ended up staying with Auburn, so who knows  :dunno:

I am still not that worried about the numbers right now.  I am not convinced that we "need" a WR in this class.  We don't necessarily "need" 2 interior lineman, just one really good one.  Furthermore, there are going to be guys that leave the team by the end of next Summer.  What I'm saying is, if we have to take Kamara and Wiggins, but that ensures us that we got Foster, and Mathews, I think we do that and make sacrifices eslewhere.

You can't really turn down the top talent in America if they want to play for you (because you will be fired), but then you can't turn your back on the players already committed (because you will look like a heartless loser - see uat).

Not condoning the practice at all or in any way whatsoever, but has it seemed to hurt their recruiting, popularity, and success?  The obvious answer is no. 

Was he talking to Dolphins' reporters when he said it?

I lol'ed. 

Article on 247: Matthews says it is 100% that he and Foster play together and they will announce where that is before their first game. Who knows.

Why would THEY be announcing if Tray is staying at UGA?

"I'd like to announce my commitment to Georgia"..... (yup, we knew that already)

Yeah thats what i was thinking with Jaquay Williams last year, so i was feeling bad about him announcing his decision again, but he ended up staying with Auburn, so who knows  :dunno:

that's on signing day....EVERYONE announces on signing day, even if it's just to the same school. Maybe not as much drama surrounding it, but everyone makes some sort of public declaration on NSD.

We've got scat backs now who are better than Kamara. Tre Mason is a guy that can be a scat back or an every down guy. Same with Grant.

Agree, that's why I said "remote possibility", and only if the "package" has some legitimatacy, which I believe is mostly in Matthews mind.

Agree, that's why I said "remote possibility", and only if the "package" has some legitimatacy, which I believe is mostly in Matthews mind.

Would be shocked if TM would flip from UGA. Not saying it cannot happen but seems highly unlikely and I think he is saying a lot of things to people to keep the drama building. These young men today know how to play to their audience and the more press they can receive the bigger their name will be to their fan base. (I.E. Ray Drew)  I would LOVE for TM to come over to the good guys and be a part of something special, but in the end it is just a dog and pony show for these kids.

from what I've heard, we're getting Foster. It now becomes a deal of whether Matthews truly is willing to leave UGA to play with him. That's it. If Matthews comes, then it becomes a matter of are we willing to take Wiggins.

So let me see if I have this straight KK. You are saying based on the info you are privy to you are supremely confident that Foster signs with Auburn and it is up to Matthews and Wiggins whether they want to join Foster on the Auburn Boat? Also does Shaq have a commitable offer from Auburn? TIA!

Would be shocked if TM would flip from UGA. Not saying it cannot happen but seems highly unlikely and I think he is saying a lot of things to people to keep the drama building. These young men today know how to play to their audience and the more press they can receive the bigger their name will be to their fan base. (I.E. Ray Drew)  I would LOVE for TM to come over to the good guys and be a part of something special, but in the end it is just a dog and pony show for these kids.

I agree. I have zero inside info but I have a hard time seeing TM flip from UGA. I'm optimistic about RF but I'm staying reserved. We'll see. Here's to hoping they both come to AU!  :tdau:

I agree. I have zero inside info but I have a hard time seeing TM flip from UGA. I'm optimistic about RF but I'm staying reserved. We'll see. Here's to hoping they both come to AU!  :tdau:

I have no inside info on any of these guys however, one thing that some may not be thinking about is the CBVG and CWM connections in the State of GA.  These kids know these guys, CWM personally from their time in Athens and continued recruitment from OU.  TM is VERY aware of what these two guys did on defense in Athens and intend to do in Auburn.  The reputations of CBVG & CWM in GA is outstanding as coaches and recruiters.  As many GA players as we are recruiting and in on that will only increase as they get back into their old stomping grounds.  GA recruiting like in the days of CPFD is on the horizon guys.

I have no inside info on any of these guys however, one thing that some may not be thinking about is the CBVG and CWM connections in the State of GA.  These kids know these guys, CWM personally from their time in Athens and continued recruitment from OU.  TM is VERY aware of what these two guys did on defense in Athens and intend to do in Auburn.  The reputations of CBVG & CWM in GA is outstanding as coaches and recruiters.  As many GA players as we are recruiting and in on that will only increase as they get back into their old stomping grounds.  GA recruiting like in the days of CPFD is on the horizon guys.

No doubt about their legacy in the state of GA recruiting and totally agree. But still think he is a dawg

from what I've heard, we're getting Foster. It now becomes a deal of whether Matthews truly is willing to leave UGA to play with him. That's it. If Matthews comes, then it becomes a matter of are we willing to take Wiggins.

So let me see if I have this straight KK. You are saying based on the info you are privy to you are supremely confident that Foster signs with Auburn and it is up to Matthews and Wiggins whether they want to join Foster on the Auburn Boat? Also does Shaq have a commitable offer from Auburn? TIA!

I fully believe that Foster is coming to Auburn. Very much so. I think many people believe Matthews is coming and the info I've heard would lead me to believe that. In my personal OPINION, Matthews will stay at UGA. Now, I can get excited like everyone else so come back to me when Matthews and his dad visit in a few weeks!! haha...

Regarding Wiggins, my guess is he couldn't commit right now....

Guest Tigereagle03

I dont see mattews coming to AU by his picks on twitter and his retweets hes all georgia.. So it doesnt sound good for AU if their going to play together!

Will have to wait and see what happens would love to have Tray and Foster at Auburn but we will have to wait and see.

You know Tray and Foster could really mess with people more than what they are doing now. Tray could walk around with a gators hat one day and a Vandy hat the next day and the web would blow up. Foster could wear a Arky State shirt and it would break twitter. If I was a recruit I would have some fun with the recruiting process.

Here's the artilce (I think it was free, if not erase):

“I am just taking things one step at a time, but I am still committed to Georgia,” he said. "Georgia coaches are telling me they love me and they still want me there, and I can play early there too.”

That makes it sound like he is going somewhere else and the UGA coaches are trying to change his mind. But we shall see.

Here's the artilce (I think it was free, if not erase):

“I am just taking things one step at a time, but I am still committed to Georgia,” he said. "Georgia coaches are telling me they love me and they still want me there, and I can play early there too.”

That makes it sound like he is going somewhere else and the UGA coaches are trying to change his mind. But we shall see.

Just sounds like a sales pitch to me. All of these kids want early playing time. I am sure our coaches are telling the recruits the same thing. If they work hard and deserve it, you will see the field early.

I fully believe that Foster is coming to Auburn. Very much so. I think many people believe Matthews is coming and the info I've heard would lead me to believe that. In my personal OPINION, Matthews will stay at UGA. Now, I can get excited like everyone else so come back to me when Matthews and his dad visit in a few weeks!! haha...

I know the staff was VERY high on Wiggins before he committed to UGA.  I remember Jaquay saying the only corner that could cover him was Shaq in practice.

I know the staff was VERY high on Wiggins before he committed to UGA.  I remember Jaquay saying the only corner that could cover him was Shaq in practice.

with us looking for bigger corners, for the most part, I just don't see it. He is an excellent cover corner though. I just think that Holsey is better than Wiggins and they're in the same ilk. Don't get me wrong though I'd be more than okay with us taking Wiggins.

For those of you that don't know how to yet surf the net  :P

Tray Matthews‏@Trigga_Tray28

Folks sleeping on my boi Luper. He got the arm of a big time quarterback. But athletic as any receiver or db

Expand Reply

Retweet

Favorite

Archived