Gov. Perry deploying Texas National Guard to the U.S. border

AUtiger98

This ploy won't do much good, as we all know, because the National Guard has no power. But it's an attempt that could help the situation, (which I doubt it will).

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

$100 a day? I am going to assume that he expects more than 8 hrs a day work because if he is paying 12.50 an hour and can't find legal citizens to work for him, even picking veg in the hot sun, then he is not looking.

So it can't be that Americans are that lazy? How about 10 hours per day for over $100? How many hours per day do you think he requires?

He's not looking or people don't want to work?

Here is what he says:

"Most American workers aren't in good enough shape. They can't do this work. You get two, three or four hours out of them, and they're gone. They say they can't do this no more," Smith said.

He said he has heard of the state program, but he hasn't tried it because he doesn't think he will get any better quality workers.

"I ain't signed up for it. Why should I call them when I've got people calling me?" Smith said.

Smith, who freely admits he used illegal immigrants to pick sweet potatoes, said three-quarters of his crop is still in the field after his workers moved away.

I guess I just believe in working more than the average person. If I was without a job and could get one that paid 100 a day (and yes I get the top wage is skill; whats wrong with honing skill? Everyone needs practice to get to the top) I would. I don't believe in taking when you can work. If a job is available that pays that much money then there is NO reason for anyone to be on welfare. The work may be hard, but work is not supposed to always be easy and fun. Some people get to do what they love and some have to just earn a living. My point with averaging the wage down to hourly using the 8hr day is that many people complain that no one wants to do these jobs and that is why they need the illegal aliens. If a job paid 12.50 an hour I'd say it was a decent paying job for low skilled work.

Here are two interesting articles.

Blue-State Disgrace

There are 57,000 kids at the border who need temporary shelter. Shame on the Democratic governors who are turning them away.

Bordering on Madness

A country that does not control its own borders does not have any immigration policy.

REALLY? ;)

Glad you noticed.

So you would solve the border problem in your own state by doing what?

You could possibly lean on some of your military experience for an answer.

REALLY? ;)

Glad you noticed.

Sharks in the Rio Grande with friggin lasers on the heads.

Honestly the only way to shut it down is to build a really big massive wall and then make sure its patrolled for tunnels.

Though I really think taking away the incentive to come here is what has to happen.

REALLY? ;)

Glad you noticed.

Mine field?

REALLY? ;)

Glad you noticed.

Honestly the only way to shut it down is to build a really big massive wall and then make sure its patrolled for tunnels.

Though I really think taking away the incentive to come here is what has to happen.

Bingo!

REALLY? ;)

Glad you noticed.

Mine field?

Ha! Good one itch! That would play well with the lunatic fringe.

REALLY? ;)

Glad you noticed.

Mine field?

Any time now, your for-real solution is?

REALLY? ;)

Glad you noticed.

A solution that may possibly work. Amen!!

LOL!

According to the aide, Perry’s “extremely Presidential response” to the immigration crisis is already winning him the praise of G.O.P. voters. “Nothing unites Republicans more than standing up to children,” he said.

You'd think these kids are attacking the border in human wave assaults. :rolleyes:

One simple solution........have Obama call the Pres.of Mexico ad tell him to get it stopped now or we will suspend NAFTA until he does or at least helps.

LOL!

According to the aide, Perry’s “extremely Presidential response” to the immigration crisis is already winning him the praise of G.O.P. voters. “Nothing unites Republicans more than standing up to children,” he said.

You'd think these kids are attacking the border in human wave assaults. :rolleyes:

The majority of border crossers are teenagers, not teddybear toting children.

FT_14.07.21_UAC_Age_640px.png

REALLY? ;)

Glad you noticed.

Mine field?

Any time now, your for-real solution is?

You're not keeping up. I have given my opinion on the short-term solution. The long-term solution is probably too complex to discuss here.

Archived