Tuesday scrimmage: Ellis Johnson speaks

McLoofus

Thought Gus was going to eliminate this kind of stuff and bring discipline? ....at least according to some comments here in the past....but the reality is that we have a bunch of guys (just like everyone else) who apparently are either selfish, undisciplined or dumb or perhaps all three. No excuse for this kind of thing by guys on scholarships worth $75K per year.

That's they one problem I have about this staff and the last one as well. They recruited great talent but just too may character issues. May eventually be our undoing. How can you coach when you have so many distractions, suspensions and punishments along with the injuries?

What?? Did you miss the Iron Bowl or SEC Championship last season? Gus's very first season, by the way!

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All this SPECULATION is out of whack. There is no evidence that he failed a test for pot. In fact, he could have failed the test for any number of reasons. Some mentioned already, like diluted urine. But it could also be any other banned substance, including a substance contained in a supplement he took or a medication he took that caused him to test positive. That has happened MANY times.

For any substance other than weed or synthetic cannabinoids the player is automatically suspended for 50% of the season on the FIRST offense. If it was an accidental exposure, the appeal might be granted.

So let's just wait to hear the actual facts, rather than making up a bunch of crap we do not know.

All this SPECULATION is out of whack. There is no evidence that he failed a test for pot. In fact, he could have failed the test for any number of reasons. Some mentioned already, like diluted urine. But it could also be any other banned substance, including a substance contained in a supplement he took or a medication he took that caused him to test positive. That has happened MANY times.

For any substance other than weed or synthetic cannabinoids the player is automatically suspended for 50% of the season on the FIRST offense. If it was an accidental exposure, the appeal might be granted.

So let's just wait to hear the actual facts, rather than making up a bunch of crap we do not know.

I understand the need to wait on some facts....but do you think it was just a slip of the tongue by Johnson to hint/say that Therizie might not be available for early in the season. That was no baseless "rumor" IMO and probably done to head off the questions about where he was a practice or his absence from the depth chart.

Just wondering... Is there a difference in punishment between weed and PEDs?

I was just highlighting part of the drug policy/process, that applies to all athletes. You are correct about substances other than pot. Pot is a level I offense and all other banned substances are considered level II offenses. However, if you voluntarily disclose the use of the level II substance it is treated as a level I offense and does not require a suspension.

Thought Gus was going to eliminate this kind of stuff and bring discipline? ....at least according to some comments here in the past....but the reality is that we have a bunch of guys (just like everyone else) who apparently are either selfish, undisciplined or dumb or perhaps all three. No excuse for this kind of thing by guys on scholarships worth $75K per year.

That's they one problem I have about this staff and the last one as well. They recruited great talent but just too may character issues. May eventually be our undoing. How can you coach when you have so many distractions, suspensions and punishments along with the injuries?

What?? Did you miss the Iron Bowl or SEC Championship last season? Gus's very first season, by the way!

I guess it speaks well to the status of your program when people can be so dramatic over so little. Gotta complain about something, I guess.

I understand the need to wait on some facts....but do you think it was just a slip of the tongue by Johnson to hint/say that Therizie might not be available for early in the season. That was no baseless "rumor" IMO and probably done to head off the questions about where he was a practice or his absence from the depth chart.

It's not a rumor that Therezie MAY miss games. However, it IS speculation when everyone just ASSUMES that it was pot or that Therezie intentionally did something that he knew was against the rules.

Therezie is a senior. I do not like to assume that a senior would intentionally put his senior season at risk. Not saying it didn't happen. Just encouraging a little restraint. Let's hear some facts rather than speculate as to the details.

I dunno. I have mixed feelings about pot in general. I do believe, as I've posted multiple times, that at least half of guys aged 30 and under that I meet smoke weed. I just don't think it's that big of a deal. It's not performance enhancing. (Well maybe it makes nick and company so smooth with their zone reads .) I get that it's illegal in our state. We can argue all day long as to that debate. Maybe we should go easy on guys that smoke it on their own private time. I think we'd all maybe be a little less wound up about the topic. Just a thought.

it is and isn't a big deal. I smoked a little when I was young. Didn't care for it much but now it would make a great sleep aid. Just kidding. I knew when I was 19/20 years old that every good job drug tests.every one. The good job I now have 20 years later randomly drugs tests. They have fired several for "no big deal". I have never been able to comprehend the lack of good judgment or risk people take. It is indicative of more than a " mistake". It's just stupidity I guess. Anyway I'm done with my rant. Wareagle... I know this rant was not about 3 football players. Society, I guess.

I dunno. I have mixed feelings about pot in general. I do believe, as I've posted multiple times, that at least half of guys aged 30 and under that I meet smoke weed. I just don't think it's that big of a deal. It's not performance enhancing. (Well maybe it makes nick and company so smooth with their zone reads .) I get that it's illegal in our state. We can argue all day long as to that debate. Maybe we should go easy on guys that smoke it on their own private time. I think we'd all maybe be a little less wound up about the topic. Just a thought.

it is and isn't a big deal. I smoked a little when I was young. Didn't care for it much but now it would make a great sleep aid. Just kidding. I knew when I was 19/20 years old that every good job drug tests.every one. The good job I now have 20 years later randomly drugs tests. They have fired several for "no big deal". I have never been able to comprehend the lack of good judgment or risk people take. It is indicative of more than a " mistake". It's just stupidity I guess. Anyway I'm done with my rant. Wareagle... I know this rant was not about 3 football players. Society, I guess.

Exactly. It's a big deal because certain entities, such as your company, choose for it to be- not because it actually is on its own merit.

The reason our guys are getting hurt is because we practice more aggressive and physical. I know some are ankles illness. But we are mashing heads out there.

News flash. All these kids smoke weed.

I would be more surprised by a headline that states if a player doesn't smoke weed

How is the majority of the team passing the piss tests?

Good study habits = test passing?

I would be more surprised by a headline that states if a player doesn't smoke weed

Obtaining clean piss from the teammates that don't do drugs.

Which would be a statistical impossibility if ALL the kids were smoking.

Hyperbole.

Hyperbole.

I know, but since we're talking about absurd things we shouldn't even be concerned about, at least we can be 100% accurate!

Archived