Tuesday scrimmage: Ellis Johnson speaks

McLoofus

I'm really saddened to hear this about Therezie -- after such a good season last year, to miss half of his senior season because of something like this. You would think that, by the time they are seniors, their highest priority would be to play, if they hope to make it to the next level.

No kidding, he is on defensive award watch lists...but at this point we will just need him back and contributing at some point during the season. Its time for other guys to step up considering injuries, players being gimpy or whatever. So far what EJ has been disappointed about is that no one has stepped up.

That's on the players but there's still a few weeks left.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One reason Johnson's remarks about Therezie are less than clear could be that Therezie has filed an appeal and that's not settled yet.

If there is no legal trouble, ie he failed internal tests, then what is there to appeal? You don't get to appeal when you fail a drug test for employment, licensing, etc.

Perhaps he's claiming a false positive on a test. Could be any number of things. I, for one, hope he can fight through whatever he's got going on and get back on the field ASAP.

If it is what has been inferred, then there is not an ASAP to it. Half a year suspension. By the time the suspension is up, I would hope our play at star has been steller an our need for him will be minimal. He knew the rules and broke them anyway. Won't bother me if he does not see the field all year and other players see this.

I'm beginning to feel uneasy about this team. We now have had 3 seniors, and not just seniors but leaders, on both sides of the ball involved with weed. Hell maybe the whole team smokes it. It seems they aren't as focused on winning as they should be. If they can't put that stuff aside for the sake of the team. We'll know in a few weeks I guess.

I'm sure a large portion of the team smokes marijuana. It's the same for every team in the country.

That doesn't make it legal .......

I really hope Moncrief reasserts himself and wins that job. We need a physical presence. If our starting DBs are Mincy, Jones, Ford, and Whitehead, that is a TINY defensive backfield.(Whitehead MIGHT be 6 ft). Not a very imposing group of DBs at all. God help us when we play some big WRs.

Guest jojo1515

Why is it every time EJ talks, I feel like I should be hoping we can be good enough on D to rank in the top 60? I hope he excites the players more than he does the fans....

We will get all this worked out. Every bit of it. Its all coach speak. The D will be fine

That's what i'm taking it as until i see otherwise. We'll know for sure Aug. 30th.

We will get all this worked out. Every bit of it. Its all coach speak. The D will be fine

That's what i'm taking it as until i see otherwise. We'll know for sure Aug. 30th.

I've read that a bunch today. Almost like that day is set to be our day of reckoning. Just a funny thought I had, no need to troll.

We're not the only ones having issues with Fall injuries. Arky is pretty banged up as well. This may help stop some of the meltdown and worry.

Wise and Lewis weren’t the only players missing Wednesday night.

Safety Alan Turner (eye)

Safety Davyon McKinney (undisclosed)

Linebacker Randy Ramsey (oblique)

Running back Jonathan Williams (hamstring)

Tight end AJ Derby (knee)

Defensive back Santos Ramirez (calf) also missed the workout.

Right tackle Brian Wallace (ankle) and defensive tackle Grady Ollison (ankle) were injured late in the practice.

Why is it every time EJ talks, I feel like I should be hoping we can be good enough on D to rank in the top 60? I hope he excites the players more than he does the fans....

good post. I agree. I really like him as a d coordinator. But he is sometimes too honest. I'm sure most teams go thru this in the offseason. I like he is honest and a little pessimistic. I think we will be improved from lst year which is all we will need with this o.

CEJ is one of the best coaches I have seen making adjustments as well.

I'm beginning to feel uneasy about this team. We now have had 3 seniors, and not just seniors but leaders, on both sides of the ball involved with weed. Hell maybe the whole team smokes it. It seems they aren't as focused on winning as they should be. If they can't put that stuff aside for the sake of the team. We'll know in a few weeks I guess.

I'm sure a large portion of the team smokes marijuana. It's the same for every team in the country.

That doesn't make it legal .......

Or, even more, intelligent. After Mincy and Marshall, it takes a special kind of bonehead to continue the behavior.

He should ask for the mass spectrometry, or gas chromatography to be done on his sample , it is much more sensitive and specific. Plus, it will settle the issue one way or the other. SIAP

He should ask for the mass spectrometry, or gas chromatography to be done on his sample , it is much more sensitive and specific. Plus, it will settle the issue one way or the other. SIAP

SIAP?? Yeah if I've heard about chromatography once on this board I've heard it a million times...... /yellow font

SIAP?? Yeah if I've heard about chromatography once on this board I've heard it a million times...... /yellow font

Hehe...basically, it's the same thing scientists use to determine chemical composition of matter that can be vaporized. It breaks up the components of urine and allows scientists to accurately determine the exact components of the chemicals in it - basically, they can eliminate the normal urine stuff and see what else is there.

mac is absolutely right, that is is right, and the logical next step for him.

typically, positive tests are confirmed using GCMS. Also, split samples are collected. The "A" sample is used for the initial testing AND secondary testing on GCMS. The "split" sample, or "B" sample is frozen, and remained sealed in the case the "donor" decides to dispute the results of the initial round of testing. Chances are, if the rumors are accurate, the "A" sample was tested using GCMS before any kind of punishment was handed down. In the case that the donor DOES decide to have re-confirmation testing performed on their sample, the sealed "B" sample will be sent to another independent lab and re-tested using GCMS. Better than 99.99% of the time, the results still come back positive. just saying.

Thought Gus was going to eliminate this kind of stuff and bring discipline? ....at least according to some comments here in the past....but the reality is that we have a bunch of guys (just like everyone else) who apparently are either selfish, undisciplined or dumb or perhaps all three. No excuse for this kind of thing by guys on scholarships worth $75K per year.

That's they one problem I have about this staff and the last one as well. They recruited great talent but just too may character issues. May eventually be our undoing. How can you coach when you have so many distractions, suspensions and punishments along with the injuries?

Thought Gus was going to eliminate this kind of stuff and bring discipline? ....at least according to some comments here in the past....but the reality is that we have a bunch of guys (just like everyone else) who apparently are either selfish, undisciplined or dumb or perhaps all three. No excuse for this kind of thing by guys on scholarships worth $75K per year.

That's they one problem I have about this staff and the last one as well. They recruited great talent but just too may character issues. May eventually be our undoing. How can you coach when you have so many distractions, suspensions and punishments along with the injuries?

I don't think it's a coincidence that once our recruiting classes started getting in the top 10 that these issues started popping up.

Well since some of this is being discussed, one thing that has floated around another board about Therezie was he didn't exactly fail his drug test, he had a diluted sample, which is failed by default. It also explains the uncertainty given by Johnson...Therezie may be appealing the test.

Well since some of this is being discussed, one thing that has floated around another board about Therezie was he didn't exactly fail his drug test, he had a diluted sample, which is failed by default. It also explains the uncertainty given by Johnson...Therezie may be appealing the test.

Already been mentioned and discussed in this thread.

Late jumping in, and I may even get this thread on track, but has anyone heard anything about Cameron Toney? I know the coaches loved his work ethic, but he's not even making the 2-3 deep chart at LB.

Surprising to me is Rudy above Moncrief. I'm not so sure if this may be a motivational move, because what I'm hearing from practice is that Moncrief has been laying the hits.

Late jumping in, and I may even get this thread on track, but has anyone heard anything about Cameron Toney? I know the coaches loved his work ethic, but he's not even making the 2-3 deep chart at LB.

Surprising to me is Rudy above Moncrief. I'm not so sure if this may be a motivational move, because what I'm hearing from practice is that Moncrief has been laying the hits.

According to CEJ, Rudy was able to move ahead because Moncrief was sick. Still 2 weeks to go so we'll see. The thing most bothersome to me is that at star we are now forced to depend on the only real experience coming from a player that has been prone to injury. I just hope Alexander is truly ready to back up Garrett or maybe they move a LB over there.

With the injuries, lack of playmakers (at DE particularly - maybe coach speak?), EJ doesn't know who's gonna be the 3rd LB (more coach speak), and potential drug problems, I feel like it's going to be another loooooong year for the defense. It's gonna cost us some games this year I'm afraid.

This year may look like last years TAMU team - Electrifying offense, awful defense. The sky isn't falling yet, and I understand that, but you can't deny it doesn't look good.

With the injuries, lack of playmakers (at DE particularly - maybe coach speak?), EJ doesn't know who's gonna be the 3rd LB (more coach speak), and potential drug problems, I feel like it's going to be another loooooong year for the defense. It's gonna cost us some games this year I'm afraid.

This year may look like last years TAMU team - Electrifying offense, awful defense. The sky isn't falling yet, and I understand that, but you can't deny it doesn't look good.

It is disconcerting. Injuries are one thing, but lack of performance and discipline issues amongst the seniors is definitely no bueno.

It is disconcerting. Injuries are one thing, but lack of performance and discipline issues amongst the seniors is definitely no bueno.

This ^^^ a bad sign ....injuries happen, generally through no fault of the player.....the weed issue is a choice they make....and by seniors/starters? Wondering if this team has the leadership and heart to go the distance this year.

Archived