2014 Fall Practice - 8/17 Update

RunInRed

Classes start Monday which means today was the final day of Fall Camp. OC Rhett Lashlee spoke to the media this evening. A wrap up from around the interwebs ...

Lashlee: "I think overall it was a good camp, we were able to get through without many injuries offensively." Praised the offensive freshmen

Lashlee: "Sean White's had a phenomenal camp from a QB stand point … from a maturity standpoint he's handled everything."

Lashlee on Opelika H-back @AuCommit9_: "Jakell Mitchell is he's even more athletic than what I thought he'd be."

Lashlee on relationship b/w Nick & JJ: "They really do a good job of pulling for each other, and that's hard at QB because only one plays."

Only criticism Lashlee had of Jakell Mitchell is he needs to gain weight at the H-back position.

Lashlee on RB @CoreyGranttt: "Corey Grant's a good example, he's Rocked up and now can run anywhere." Can now run b/w tackles. "He's thick."

Lashlee on Mitchell: "He's a physical guy, he's not scared of anybody, he's 215 pounds & will hit the biggest guy on our team in the mouth."

Lashlee names RBs Roc Thomas, Kam Pettway, OL Braden Smith, HB Jakell Mitchell & WR Stanton Truitt as freshmen that could contribute this yr

Lashlee said freshman OT Braden "Hulk" Smith has worked primarily at left tackle this fall during camp.

Lashlee says he's prefer for Sean White to redshirt this season, and avoid burning it for late snaps in blowouts.

Lashlee on QB reps: "We have not made a decision yet." Will sit down with HC Gus Malzahn to determine that next few days.

Lashlee on package for Jeremy Johnson: "You try to put him in a position to be successful … It's week-to-week."

Lashlee said Nick Marshall had 2 days where he didn't have good days passing in camp, was a perfect 8-for-8 during 7-on-7 drills today.

@AUBlog

Nick Marshall has been "very sharp...Our passing game has developed," said Auburn's Rhett Lashlee.

Marshall, Johnson, White, Wallace. "We feel we have four quarterbacks who can play in an SEC game," says Auburn's Rhett Lashlee

Auburn's Rhett Lashlee on Nick Marshall's leadership this fall: "I haven't been surprised. Would be disappointed if hadn't been this way."

Auburn's Rhett Lashlee on Nick Marshall and Jeremy Johnson: "Both those guys have had a good fall camp."

Auburn's Rhett Lashlee on backup QBs Jeremy Johnson and Sean White: "They can both really spin it. They can make every throw on the field."

Rhett Lashlee says freshman offensive lineman Braden Smith will be on Auburn's two-deep depth chart. "There's no secret there."

Auburn offensive coordinator Rhett Lashlee: "Overall, I'm very pleased with our freshman class on the offensive side of the ball."

@AUGoldMine

Lashlee on Roc Thomas "he's an all-around back"

@ITATJason

Nick Marshall was 8-for-8 passing in 7-on-7 tonight at practice, Rhett Lashlee says.

Rhett Lashlee says there have been no major injuries on offense during preseason camp.

Auburn ends preseason camp this afternoon. Tigers off Monday for first day of classes. Prep for Arkansas starts Tuesday.

@bmarcello

We basically ran like 3-5 plays last year and lost one game. This year is going to be fun.

I think this will be the best offense in Auburn history. If the defense is much improved it'll be the best team in Auburn history.

We basically ran like 3-5 plays last year and lost one game. This year is going to be fun.

Yeah I just block out that last game too...

Yeah I just block out that last game too...

Why would you do that since we won the sec championship on our last game :)

Archived