Really, SEC Network

AuCivilEng1

From the times I've watched of the network, it's like watching the alabama football network. It's uat this and uat that and how their going to go 12-0 during the season, win the SEC and play then win a NC.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From the times I've watched the network, it's like watching the alabama football network.

that's probably why they're airing the bo, Barkley, and the big hurt doc tomorrow.

Flipped the SECN on today and it was Finebaum and he was talking to Thayer Evans. I could not hit the channel button fast enough to get off that crap. I'm so tired of listening to all the talking heads, I'm just ready to get this season started.

Why the heck would he talk to that guy? He's a journalist troll. He messed with UT and us amongst others. Please tell me he works for ESPN now. I can imagine that interview, "How many teams have you tried to screw over?" "A lot. How many do you want to screw over? As many in the SEC as I can. Good you're hired."

I watched the opeining night until I heard Mackerelboy say that at the end of the season the three best QB's in the SEC would be Prescott, Mauck, and Mason.

so whats the problem with that? because his list is different from yours?

Flipped the SECN on today and it was Finebaum and he was talking to Thayer Evans. I could not hit the channel button fast enough to get off that crap. I'm so tired of listening to all the talking heads, I'm just ready to get this season started.

Why the heck would he talk to that guy? He's a journalist troll. He messed with UT and us amongst others. Please tell me he works for ESPN now. I can imagine that interview, "How many teams have you tried to screw over?" "A lot. How many do you want to screw over? As many in the SEC as I can. Good you're hired."

It was a phone interview and I think it said he was with Sports Illustrated now.

It was a phone interview and I think it said he was with Sports Illustrated now.

Correct. The last I heard Thayer Evans and Pete Thamel, two of the biggest Auburn haters in the business are now with SI. I wrote the head office of SI asking why they would hire these two, both of whom have been fired from multiple previous jobs for publishing false articles. (That's called lying in most circles). I did not get a reply and that was over a year ago.

... Thayer Evans and Pete Thamel, two of the biggest Auburn haters in the business are now with SI. I wrote the head office of SI asking why they would hire these two, both of whom have been fired from multiple previous jobs for publishing false articles. (That's called lying in most circles). I did not get a reply and that was over a year ago.

SI is being sued by their union because they terminated some writers based on producing "content beneficial to advertiser relationships" rather than quality of writing or seniority. Evans and Thamel are employed because they generate clicks. Us talking about them and posting links only feeds into that.

I watched the opeining night until I heard Mackerelboy say that at the end of the season the three best QB's in the SEC would be Prescott, Mauck, and Mason.

I don't think it's because it is different, but because it's so bias!

What QB won the SEC and played for the Natty last season? That same QB has the second most veteran O-line in the SEC in front of him, and more options at receiver beside him, is considered by many "at the very least" in the early Heisman Race, and he isn't in the league top 3?

Again, that's not just different, it is just bias!

What QB won the SEC and played for the Natty last season? That same QB has the second most veteran O-line in the SEC in front of him, and more options at receiver beside him, is considered by many "at the very least" in the early Heisman Race, and he isn't in the league top 3?

bias towards what? neither of those QB's play fer bammer. those guys are in the argument whether you think they should be or not.

yep was gonna watch our football preview on the sec network then found out mcelroy's doing it,erased from dvr, no way im watchin that crap, anyway im starting to get tired of all these predictions and stuff i want auburn football now! :angry:

yep was gonna watch our football preview on the sec network then found out mcelroy's doing it,erased from dvr, no way im watchin that crap, anyway im starting to get tired of all these predictions and stuff i want auburn football now! :angry:/>

McElroy is gushing over our offense, predicted roc Thomas as the feature back by the end of the year and earning sec freshman of the year. Your loss though.

Heck, now that I think about it I think it was Pete Thamel. Oh good lord. My memory ain't what it used to be. LOL

bias towards what? neither of those QB's play fer bammer. those guys are in the argument whether you think they should be or not.

So in your opinion, Nick Marshall isn't in the argument? Bias against Auburn.

A SEC winning, returning starter, on the Heisman watch list but isn't in the top three? Do you still not get it, or just won't admit you, and they are wrong?

A SEC winning, returning starter, on the Heisman watch list but isn't in the top three? Do you still not get it, or just won't admit you, and they are wrong?

an opinion cant be wrong. thats all i'm saying. it's who HE thinks is top 3. nobody is penciled in to be in that top 3. it's a "your list" type of deal. meaning who YOU think should be on the list.

an opinion cant be wrong. thats all i'm saying. it's who HE thinks is top 3. nobody is penciled in to be in that top 3. it's a "your list" type of deal. meaning who YOU think should be on the list.

So now you are changing your stance to an opinion can't be wrong. It can, not make horse sense, and it can be biased.

So now you are changing your stance to an opinion can't be wrong. It can, not make horse sense, and it can be biased.

24, I'm thinkin' you are beating your head against a mud wall here.... Any "analyst" that doesn't have Marshall in his top three SEC QB's hasn't spent enough time analyzing.

I watched a little bit of McElroy talking about QBs last night. He said he couldn't discount what Marshall did on the field, but as far as pure QB talent goes, he thinks Dak Prescott is the best QB in the conference. (He totally ignored leadership, which is probably the most important QB quality, but that's a different discussion.) Given what he has shown on the field, I think it's a fair assessment to put Marshall down a few rungs in terms of passing ability. All of us expect him, with the extra year of working in Gus's system and the addition of Duke Williams, to be a much better passer this year than last, but he has yet to prove that on the field. I've seen several people post about not giving Coker, Fournette, et al credit for being great before they show anything on the field, but it seems that some get butt-hurt when some analyst doesn't give Marshall that credit.

I don't know that I would enjoy watching a network where all the analysts were saying the same thing. I give McElroy credit for trying to take a little different approach to his analysis. I think at the end of the season, he'll have to admit he was wrong about NM, but his analysis is fair and reasonable. He's much better than some.

On the SECuat Network, they are ALL saying the SAME thing..........

I watched a little bit of McElroy talking about QBs last night. He said he couldn't discount what Marshall did on the field, but as far as pure QB talent goes, he thinks Dak Prescott is the best QB in the conference. (He totally ignored leadership, which is probably the most important QB quality, but that's a different discussion.) Given what he has shown on the field, I think it's a fair assessment to put Marshall down a few rungs in terms of passing ability. All of us expect him, with the extra year of working in Gus's system and the addition of Duke Williams, to be a much better passer this year than last, but he has yet to prove that on the field. I've seen several people post about not giving Coker, Fournette, et al credit for being great before they show anything on the field, but it seems that some get butt-hurt when some analyst doesn't give Marshall that credit.

I don't know that I would enjoy watching a network where all the analysts were saying the same thing. I give McElroy credit for trying to take a little different approach to his analysis. I think at the end of the season, he'll have to admit he was wrong about NM, but his analysis is fair and reasonable. He's much better than some.

I'm not a conspiracy guy, I'm actually very much against it and I agree with most of what you say but as far as the analyst what he says is dumb as hell because even though Marshall may not be the greatest passer he was much better than Prescott. I don't know if people actuallywatched MSU play or not but I did since a couple of guys from Florence pplay there and not at any part of the season did he throw more accurate or was a better decision maker than Marshall and I swear I'm not being biased

I'm not a conspiracy guy, I'm actually very much against it and I agree with most of what you say but as far as the analyst what he says is dumb as hell because even though Marshall may not be the greatest passer he was much better than Prescott. I don't know if people actuallywatched MSU play or not but I did since a couple of guys from Florence pplay there and not at any part of the season did he throw more accurate or was a better decision maker than Marshall and I swear I'm not being biased

Agreed^^ . Any analyst that does not have nick in his top 3 is 100% bias and is a known HATER!! If he's not top 3 then why do d-co-ordinators fear him?

I played with Beniquez Brown way back in 2007. He started at running back as a 7th grader when I was a senior. He is a great kid

Archived