Really, SEC Network

AuCivilEng1

That plays into Auburn's hands. Auburn plays better when people say they CAN'T. Thanks BSPN and SECN for motivating our team.

Hogs don't stand a chance. Gus said tonight the team has been very focused and working hard. War wagle

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can already see that I'll watch the SEC network just like I watch ESPN, from the kickoff of an Auburn game until the game is over...nothing else.

+1.

I can already see that I'll watch the SEC network just like I watch ESPN, from the kickoff of an Auburn game until the game is over...nothing else.

+1.

Same here. All they did is just move games to a different station.Not much interest in the other programming.

IMO the SEC Network is a project in the making. It's nothing like the BYU network or similar projects. A network based on one conference counting on being in demand in that many homes coast to coast won't be maximizing profits by being too much of a homer station with Sheridan-caliber goobers. The product 5 years from now may not look anything like today's network. Like ESPN, MTV, etc etc. when they started out.

Realistically, our O-line has one guy, Dismukes, returning at the same position. Slade has swapped sides and the rest are and should be big ???? to media types. If any other team with this setup was ranked 6th or whatever we'd be nodding our heads in agreement.

Now, why UAT is way up there is another question with the same ol' same ol' disgusting answer.

Guys, all of this, plays right into Auburn's hands. I would rather have the talking heads or the village idiots (whoever) underestimate us, in the end this makes Gus look even more the genius. If these knuckleheads misread Auburn this way, imagine how bad of an analysis, they have of the rest of the SEC. If Gus is happy,i'm happy. if Gus is worried, then i'm worried. We shouldn't worry so much or get so worked up over someone who doesn't now our team, comes up with a poor analysis.

Realistically, our O-line has one guy, Dismukes, returning at the same position. Slade has swapped sides and the rest are and should be big ???? to media types. If any other team with this setup was ranked 6th or whatever we'd be nodding our heads in agreement.

Finally someone with some sense around here.

I'm tired of people thinking the SEC Network/ESPN/the world is out to get us. Does Alabama get more coverage than us? Yeah probably, but they've also had better seasons than us 2011 and 2012. If we prove 2013 wasn't a fluke (it wasn't) on the field then you can't deny us.

The bama ranking is stupid. They are the only team in America that could be ranked #2 with no QB named 2 weeks before the season with none of the current QB options having played much college ball before. Apparently they are also the only team that can have the OL ranked highly when they struggled last year....lost some players...and I think are projecting a freshman to be a starting OT. But that's the way of the world so what you gonna do?

I have no problem with the AU ranking. I'll wager we'll be considered one of the top OLs in the SEC by game 4 though! And that is what matters to me. :)

I honestly don't expect the network talking heads to get too in-depth with any team. They see exactly what you've posted above and they gave "their opinion" and "their preseason ranking" of the position group. Nothing more, nothing less - just their opinion. :dunno:

Now, why UAT is way up there is another question with the same ol' same ol' disgusting answer.

I think your point is a good one but I do take small exception to the obvious discount being applied to experience with this group. True enough, there is a position shuffle but its been said by our coaches that Avery can easily play every position. Reese is the anchor and is a returning 3 year starter, PMiller is a one time starter and Chad Slade has proven to be battle tested. Experience is the one indispensable factor in evaluating any unit IMO and this group has a lot of experience as starters across the board with the lone exception being @ left tackle. I dont know how it will unfold but if I had to bet, I'd bet they will surprise the naysayers. JMO

The bama ranking is stupid. They are the only team in America that could be ranked #2 with no QB named 2 weeks before the season with none of the current QB options having played much college ball before. Apparently they are also the only team that can have the OL ranked highly when they struggled last year....lost some players...and I think are projecting a freshman to be a starting OT. But that's the way of the world so what you gonna do?

I have no problem with the AU ranking. I'll wager we'll be considered one of the top OLs in the SEC by game 4 though! And that is what matters to me. :)

I have no problem with it either. In fact, I rather like it when we are underestimated in the pre-season "polls". :)

Stinchcomb's offensive line rankings were a joke. Takes away credibility from the SECN. How in the world AU is 6th and A&M and bama is ranked ahead is ludicrous.

Did you watch? Then did you post about it to create discussion? Then the SEC Network got what they wanted. The media does not care about being right, they care about being talked about.

I watched the opeining night until I heard Mackerelboy say that at the end of the season the three best QB's in the SEC would be Prescott, Mauck, and Mason.

Someone should let him know his bammerism is showing

Flipped the SECN on today and it was Finebaum and he was talking to Thayer Evans. I could not hit the channel button fast enough to get off that crap. I'm so tired of listening to all the talking heads, I'm just ready to get this season started.

My dream wish for Sports commentators is for Evans to go up to Cam personally and start his crap again, only to see Cam look at him and ask him if he would like to know how you block for your running backs> Thayer says OK, and Cam knock Evans on his butt (accidentally of course).

Would be hilarious!

I have enjoyed it so far. Finebaum goes off the air right about the time I get home, but I have enjoyed all the evening programming so far. If ESPNs goal was to get more eyes on their brand then mission accomplished. You can probably count on my finger tips how many minutes of ESPN I have watched since last football season.

I'll give you 4 reasons Bama can be highly ranked without knowing who their QB is: Cam Newton, Johnny Manziel, Jameis Winston, and Nick Marshall. I think 5 years ago the thinking was that QB play was too important to expect much of an inexperienced guy, but those 4 have raised the expectation level for guys like Sims and Coker.

After reading most of the feedback about the SEC network, I think I shall tune in occasionally for football in the fall, and women's gymnastics in the winter.

Archived