ESPN's Colin Cowherd: Auburn will win the SEC

RunInRed

You can put this in the bank and let it grow interest at 100%:

1. The 4 team play-off will be as follows: Auburn, south Carolina (goes 11-1 with their one loss to Auburn), Ohio State(not sure if they are still on probation) , and FSU. If OSU is still on probation, then Oklahoma in their spot.

2. We will play South Carolina for all of the marbles. Of course, we will win in a nail-biter with a score of 42-38!

They are eligible but their starting QB Braxton Miller is out for the season after injuring his shoulder again in practice (already had it surgically repaired once). OSU is/was overrated with Miller, but without him, they will probably lose 3-4.

Does OSU still have the same backup that played last year in place of Miller? Because from what I remember that kid did pretty well. Honestly, if you've seen their schedule, there's NO WAY they lose more than 1, maybe 2 games. Easiest schedule in football.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. The 4 team play-off will be as follows: Auburn, south Carolina (goes 11-1 with their one loss to Auburn), Ohio State(not sure if they are still on probation) , and FSU. If OSU is still on probation, then Oklahoma in their spot.

2. We will play South Carolina for all of the marbles. Of course, we will win in a nail-biter with a score of 42-38!

They are eligible but their starting QB Braxton Miller is out for the season after injuring his shoulder again in practice (already had it surgically repaired once). OSU is/was overrated with Miller, but without him, they will probably lose 3-4.

Does OSU still have the same backup that played last year in place of Miller? Because from what I remember that kid did pretty well. Honestly, if you've seen their schedule, there's NO WAY they lose more than 1, maybe 2 games. Easiest schedule in football.

I don't remember his name but he was a senior.

Guest jojo1515

I don't remember his name but he was a senior.

It has been announced that a redshirt freshman will be starting qb for OSU.

Well if that's the case then I suppose they could drop a couple. BUT, Urban can recruit and if they're starting a redshirt freshman, he probably already knows the system and is likely very good. I'm sure he's no Braxton Miller, but I bet he can play. Still one of the easiest schedules I've ever seen.

Kirk Herbstreit says Alabama, UCLA, FSU, and Michigan State will be in the first ever college football playoff.

Herbstreit appeared on The Herd on ESPN with Colin Cowherd and revealed his predictions earlier today.

Cowherd didn’t reveal his playoff predictions but believes the Auburn Tigers will win the SEC.

If Alabama earns a spot in the college football playoff, the Crimson Tide will become only the sixth team in the last five years to finish in the Top 10 with a quarterback in his first year in a new offensive system.

A month ago, I (Pete Roussell/CoachingSearch.com) predicted Clemson, Auburn, UCLA, and FSU to make the college football playoff.

Jim Mora's team seems to be a popular pick. Tim Brando and Danny Kanell have also predicted the Bruins to earn a spot.

http://coachingsearc...tions--30417140

Clemson AND FSU? I don't see how that's possible. One will lose to the other and the ACC doesn't have enough big win possibilities for the loser to recover, even if Dabo beats Spurrier. UCLA is the flavor of the month? huh. UCLA is as likely as Miami to be there in January. How did Danny Kannell get inserted in the scene as a football expert?

Ohio St. is doneskis. Big 10 is now a toss up but I don't think it matters because I don't think the big 10 will be represented in the playoff.

My prediction: Auburn (eventual champion), UCLA, Baylor, and FSU.

I like Baylor as a sleeper as well. I think UCLA is over hyped.

In his defense, South Carolina could lose once to Georgia, Georgia could be undefeated going into the sec tile game with our 1 loss to them, we beat Georgia, giving them their first loss, which would put South Carolina at 11-1 and Georgia at 12-1...

Highly unlikely, but possible.

Yes, that is true as well.

In that scenario, if USC only lost once (to Georgia) and Georgia was undefeated going into the SECCG, that would mean Auburn would have 2 losses, instead of just 1.

In his defense, South Carolina could lose once to Georgia, Georgia could be undefeated going into the sec tile game with our 1 loss to them, we beat Georgia, giving them their first loss, which would put South Carolina at 11-1 and Georgia at 12-1...

Highly unlikely, but possible.

Yes, that is true as well.

In that scenario, if USC only lost once (to Georgia) and Georgia was undefeated going into the SECCG, that would mean Auburn would have 2 losses, instead of just 1.

oh yeah, you're right. I read over that a couple times trying to see if I was missing something. I was doing that fairly late at night, haha.

Kenny Guitton was awesome, I wish they had him to run the offense for a full year.

Ohio St. is doneskis. Big 10 is now a toss up but I don't think it matters because I don't think the big 10 will be represented in the playoff.

My prediction: Auburn (eventual champion), UCLA, Baylor, and FSU.

I like Baylor as a sleeper as well. I think UCLA is over hyped.

I don't see Baylor making it this year...All of Oklahoma's toughest games are at home and Baylor has to travel to Norman...I think UCLA is being overhyped...they are lacking at their skill positions and a young O-line...FSU, Auburn, Oklahoma, Stanford/Oregon

ya know if we had bammer's schedule,i question if we would still hear these pundits underestimate us, i think the schedule is bittersweet cuz if we had an easy schedule more than likely we would get high praise but...us having a hard schedule has us overlooked once again even after a trip to the nc, funny how that happens still for Auburn, are yall ready to go back to the good ole tuberville days when we are expected to win all the time or nah?kinda like being the underdog...

I really could care less about cowherd, if you saw how he acted on his show during the Cam Newton stuff and saying: psshhh anybody who believes auburn didn't pay Cam is stupid, you'd understand. I mean the actual video of that segment of his show was almost laughable, mainly because of the facial expressions. Reminded me of the look Thayer Evans had after the 2010 NC game lol.

ya know if we had bammer's schedule,i question if we would still hear these pundits underestimate us, i think the schedule is bittersweet cuz if we had an easy schedule more than likely we would get high praise but...us having a hard schedule has us overlooked once again even after a trip to the nc, funny how that happens still for Auburn, are yall ready to go back to the good ole tuberville days when we are expected to win all the time or nah?kinda like being the underdog...

Haven't you read the script? Auburn's not gonna be able to "sneak up on anybody" this year. (What does that mean, anyway? Did we tiptoe onto the field last year and start playing before the other teams were ready?)

Haven't you read the script? Auburn's not gonna be able to "sneak up on anybody" this year. (What does that mean, anyway? Did we tiptoe onto the field last year and start playing before the other teams were ready?)

Scapegoat/excuse used to explain away predictions or expectations that went awry in a loss from the previous season to [INSERT TEAM HERE]. Often used by fans, and to a lesser degree coaches and players in various sports.

I think 'sneaking up' on an opponent is a very real thing. Even taking from personal experiences. But in this scenario its like this, I imagine: The level of focus AU's football team would have during San Jose State or even Kentucky (or similar low level SEC school) week would not match the focus that they would have during LSU/UGA/Bama week. It's just human nature. Last year, we were still trying to fight off the 3-9 stench. This year we are the defending SEC Champion. Meaning everybody in the conference will be gunning for us, and will presumably prepare with 100% focus during the week. It's harder to go at 100% when you don't think it will be one of the tougher games.

I think 'sneaking up' on an opponent is a very real thing. Even taking from personal experiences. But in this scenario its like this, I imagine: The level of focus AU's football team would have during San Jose State or even Kentucky (or similar low level SEC school) week would not match the focus that they would have during LSU/UGA/Bama week. It's just human nature. Last year, we were still trying to fight off the 3-9 stench. This year we are the defending SEC Champion. Meaning everybody in the conference will be gunning for us, and will presumably prepare with 100% focus during the week. It's harder to go at 100% when you don't think it will be one of the tougher games.

It's more of a reality for the press than it is for teams. Yes, you could say that App State "snuck up" on Michigan in '07, but do you really think we "snuck up" on Miss State? I would be shocked if they took us lightly. They probably thought they could win, but I doubt they thought they'd blow us off the field. We may have given LSU more of a fight than they expected, but I'm sure they were pretty hyped for that game. And if UGA and Bama were taking us lightly by the end of the season, then shame on them and their coaches. So who exactly (other than the "expert" analysts) did we sneak up on last year?

I really could care less about cowherd, if you saw how he acted on his show during the Cam Newton stuff and saying: psshhh anybody who believes auburn didn't pay Cam is stupid, you'd understand. I mean the actual video of that segment of his show was almost laughable, mainly because of the facial expressions. Reminded me of the look Thayer Evans had after the 2010 NC game lol.

I agree.

One of our local radio sports show hosts, Walt Deptula has been very "pro-Auburn" in his recent commentaries but he also said on his show during the Cam controversy that "everyone knows that Auburn is a dirty program".

It's hard to forget that.

Really! The other teams had no idea we were pretty good until the game actually started? :laugh::rolleyes:

That might hold for the first game or so, but by mid-season any coaches who underestimated us should be fired.

That might hold for the first game or so, but by mid-season any coaches who underestimated us should be fired.

I agree. It's just an excuse. I highly doubt that Miss St and TAMU took us lightly. And after the LSU game any team that took us lightly should just quit playing football along with firing the entire coaching staff.

It's just bs. We will not lose to UGA, they lost their entire starting backfield during the off season. Their really good QB is gone, their lines are questionable. That leaves a running back that is injury prone and a really good rb alone will not do it. UGA will not win the east.

Auburn, oregon, Choaklahoma, FSU in the playoffs.

So I gather that you're predicting Sou Car will win the reg season game and Auburn win in Atlanta? Leaving both teams 12-1 at that point? If they lose to auburn in the reg season and then again in Atlanta I don't see how they get in the playoff. I just don't think this committee will allow any SEC team in with 2 losses, especially if one was their last outing.

Was watching the FCS game on ESPN today, and they had Cowhetd on for a while talking about the playoff. He said he thought Auburn is the best team in the country but that we wouldn't make it through our schedule undefeated. He now thinks bama wins the SEC (or at least he did this afternoon).

Was watching the FCS game on ESPN today, and they had Cowhetd on for a while talking about the playoff. He said he thought Auburn is the best team in the country but that we wouldn't make it through our schedule undefeated. He now thinks bama wins the SEC (or at least he did this afternoon).

huh?

Archived