Boise vs. Ole Miss Game Thread

Wareagletd

Ole Miss looked pitiful in the first half. I think this year will be similar to what I've come to expect from Ole Miss teams: play a few good teams really tough and fade late, win 1-2 they shouldn't, and lose 4 games.

Unfortunately, as an Ole Miss grad, last night made me feel the same way. Although, this year's defense is the best I've seen in at least 10 years.

If Bo Wallace can get consistent and cut down on mistakes and the defense keeps them in games late then they might have a chance to pull off 9 wins +. But, I said this last year, and I said it again last night that with Bo Wallace at the helm I don't think Ole Miss will ever win more than 8. He is far too much of a liability. Until he can prove that he can play consistently good ball, then i won't change my mind.

Will say that the D was absolutely laying the wood last night. I was very impressed, and that was still with out Denzel Nkemdiche and Sendarius Bryant.

Wallace will gets yards through the air with Treadwell, and now apparently Core. But order to cut down on the mistakes and keep defenses honest, he needs run support...and not the kind generated by him from QB draws. As mentioned previously, I think he's reached his ceiling, at least as a passer. If he had a John Avery or Deuce McAllister in the backfield, then I would agree, this might be a 9+ win team.

Defense overall appears improved, but would like to see how it fares against the grind of conference competition. Although last night's game was a sloppy one, likely due to game 1 jitters, this team should still be unbeaten prior to a visit from bammie.

My summary of Ole Miss

- Surprising struggles on Oline

- Wallace is good until he throws a pick, then he's rattled - takes sacks, plays safe, bails on tough throws

- Defense hits and tackles very very well

- DLine is great, fast

- Offense might struggle against a physical defense that plays press man (even with their WRs being huge). They're a timing offense that relies on the back shoulder throw and 7 yard throws against a 12 yard cushion. Take those away, and they might have problems, because as of now they have zero run game & Wallace cannot consistently throw middle of the field.

Archived