Florida shows their true colors...

Guest Tigrinum Major

Guest Tigrinum Major
they said that a long time ago. i think the DC is taking over for the bowl game.

130148[/snapback]

He is, Charlie Strong. This was just posted on cnnsi today. It was my understanding he would coach the bowl game, if he wanted to. It was supposed to be Zook's decision, but I guess Foley jerked that rug out from under him again.

You heard it here first: Urban Meyer will be to Florida what Terry Bowden was to Auburn. He will do great with Zook's tallent but he will not recuit as well as Zook and will go downhill after 3 years.

Guest Tigrinum Major
You heard it here first:  Urban Meyer will be to Florida what Terry Bowden was to Auburn.  He will do great with Zook's tallent but he will not recuit as well as Zook and will go downhill after 3 years.

130156[/snapback]

I wish Utah was playing us or UT or UGA in a bowl game. Welcome to the SEC, Mr. Meyer.

You heard it here first:  Urban Meyer will be to Florida what Terry Bowden was to Auburn.  He will do great with Zook's tallent but he will not recuit as well as Zook and will go downhill after 3 years.

130156[/snapback]

Florida recruits itself. Meyer will do a great job at UF and will have them playing in the SECCG more times than not.

I don't blame them actually, with Zook now having the Illinois job. Remember Zook needs to look over his new program, start building a staff, make the move, and get recruiting for Illinois.

Its a good decesion both for UF and for UI.

Actually I think that is a benefit to Zook because he has 3 additional weeks to work on getting his staff together, looking at what players he has and recruiting.

Also, I don't think the AD wanted Zook to go out with consecutive wins over FSU and Miami. He would have a lot of egg on his face then.

Guest Tigrinum Major
Also, I don't think the AD wanted Zook to go out with consecutive wins over FSU and Miami.  He would have a lot of egg on his face then.

130223[/snapback]

Exactly. I said that Florida pulled the plug way too early on Zook, just like Norte Dame did with Ty Will. If he beat Miami, there might have been a rehireronzook.com pop up.

CNNSI had a great article today on legendary coaches and what would happen if they were held to the same standard as today's hires...

i know UF got mr. meyer, but what probably concerned foley was, what if zook beat FSU & Miami in his last two games after he got fired? how bad would that look on the good old AD? i wouldn't have let him coach it either. no need for people to second guess him any more than he has been. IMO.

Well, what to do you expect from that bunch? Anyone can say what they want about Zook's coaching ability, he is a good man and he led his team to wins (even against Free Shoes U) after they cut him. They quit on him, he never quit on them and he never quit on his team. They should have at least had the decency to let him lead his team into the bowl game if he wanted to do it. Can't imagine why he would have wanted to do it, but they should have made the offer. Why the heck can't administrators make these decisions AFTER the season? They are hurting the kids as well as the coaches.

Foley knows he can't look any worse than he already does, so he just decided to do what he wanted to do. Nobody outside the state of Florida has any respect for him any more anyway.

130156[/snapback]

Florida recruits itself. Meyer will do a great job at UF and will have them playing in the SECCG more times than not.

130160[/snapback]

I ditto TF24 on this. Heck, I could recruit for :uf: and I am a :au::homer:

Archived