It has begun!

Stripe

I am soooo ready for this one. I keep thinking of Sir Charles' prediction in 04 vs UT . . . the train is a-comin!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The media picking that other team to win doesn't bother me one little bit. Besides, what else is new when it comes to the media liking Auburn for anything

Everybody needs to calm down. We have been in these games before. They haven't (not in my lifetime at least). Edge goes to Auburn.

Ole Miss is the defense to worry about. I can't believe I just typed that.

The talking heads may pick MSWho, but the people who put their hard earned money on it (Vegas) still have us at +3. Which for a road team in the SEC with 2 good teams, this is saying something.

+3 would mean that MSU is favored to win, -3 means they are giving Auburn 3 points and are favored, but you are correct in saying that Vegas has us favored. But in reality the spread is not a prediction of who will win, it is a number set that will get the most bets on either side so Vegas can maximize the money they will take in.

Playing against A&M can sure hurt your pass D stats, but KSU isn't a cake walk either.....

it also doesn't help their stats that they gave up 435 yards to UAB. They actually got out passed by South Alabama and LSU's dumpster fire of a QB situation

+3 would mean that MSU is favored to win, -3 means they are giving Auburn 3 points and are favored, but you are correct in saying that Vegas has us favored. But in reality the spread is not a prediction of who will win, it is a number set that will get the most bets on either side so Vegas can maximize the money they will take in.

ESPN's FPI has us favored to win at 59.5% which I guess is a push as well

Mississippi State's pass defense is ranked 120th in the nation. Yet, Auburn has the suspect secondary????????

THIS ++++

Acutally its 123rd in passing yards allowed per game

Rank| Team| G| W-L| Opp Cpl| Opp Pass| Opp Pass

Yds| Opp Pass TDs| Yds/Att| Yds/Comp| YPG| 123 | Mississippi St. 5 | 5-0| 121| 230 | 1,641 | 9 | 7.13| 13.56| 328.2

As long as Corso doesn't pick AU to win, I think we're good.

Gameday in Starkville... I'm betting he pulls out a little sleepy, drooling bulldog puppy for his pick. Just my guess.

Defense, yes. But that offense of theirs is bad. They cannot run it at all, and their Jekyll & Hyde passing game is well documented. I feel a lot better about our schedule after watching last week. And I don't see us playing a nail-biter until Bama, and that starts this weekend.

The talking heads are all picking Moo st. To win Saturday. One of them going so far as to say Auburn's secondary is suspect...

http://espn.go.com/b...c-show-3-p-m-et

Their secondary is more suspect than ours.

Everybody needs to calm down. We have been in these games before. They haven't (not in my lifetime at least). Edge goes to Auburn.

Overrated. Way overrated. They're going to lose this weekend.

they might lose this weekend, but I promise you it will not be because of their defense, which is definitely not overrated.

they might lose this weekend, but I promise you it will not be because of their defense, which is definitely not overrated.

you are correct when you're the #120+ secondary in the country you cant be overrated by much

MSU's pass defense gives up 328 yards per game (123rd)

Auburn's passing offense is 69th averaging 229 yards per game.

Auburn's pass defense is 26th giving up 206 yards per game.

MSU's passing offense is rated 43rd averaging 269 yards per game.

So, Auburn's defense is giving up 120 yards less per game than MSU's. But then, Auburn hasn't played a team like Texas A&M yet.

I don't think that we can deduce much from statistics. Prescott is a helluva QB, both running and passing the ball. NM is a helluva a good read-option QB who can make big plays with his feet or his arm.

MSU is always a really tough game for Auburn. I don't expect this year to be any different. Auburn needs to bring the A game.

Not saying Ole Miss defense isn't good but teams like A&M and Auburn have the ability to keep their offense on the field longer than teams they've played. They may get past Bama but not against the more high powered offenses. If Ole Miss wants to contend for the west....they better fix that offense.

Not saying Ole Miss defense isn't good but teams like A&M and Auburn have the ability to keep their offense on the field longer than teams they've played. They may get past Bama but not against the more high powered offenses. If Ole Miss wants to contend for the west....they better fix that offense.

In agreement with you there. Offensive line is shaky, and as a result so is the run game.

Mark my word and then some.....we will win this game 38-17. I do not think it will really be close. We will come out swinging and will not stop till the final play.

The talking heads are all picking Moo st. To win Saturday. One of them going so far as to say Auburn's secondary is suspect...

Auburn's secondary IS suspect. Which is not to say these meat puppet pundits aren't knee-jerk idiots.

Auburn's secondary IS suspect. Which is not to say these meat puppet pundits aren't knee-jerk idiots.

Same idiots that said before the LSU game that Auburn is number one in the country of stopping plays of 30 or more yards and the end of that discussion was, even though they have given up some big plays at the end of the day they have given up less than any other team in the nation. So the next sentence was: Auburn hasn't given up that many big plays it is a misconception, with that said we need to stop the 10-25 yard plays especially on 3rd down and our LBs need to secure the middle of the field

Archived