FSU vs Notre Dame

WFE12

That would be Steve Shaw.. You might google him.. You've got quite the mouth considering your low knowledge of the game..

I link the rule book on his Twitter. Has he publicly commented on it?

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good for you.. No he hasn't.. You're such an AH! I was trying to be nice about it.. Most people are pretty sure the call was bad. And some people are absolutely sure the call was bad.. You think it's good..

Fine.. You're in the minority.. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.. Why don't you let us alone about it..unless you just have to have the last word..in which case, go ahead.. I'll let it go and ignore it. I'm convinced of the bad call. I don't really care anymore about your opinion Benny Boy.. Later

Good for you.. No he hasn't.. You're such an AH! I was trying to be nice about it.. Most people are pretty sure the call was bad. And some people are absolutely sure the call was bad.. You think it's good..

Fine.. You're in the minority.. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.. Why don't you let us alone about it..unless you just have to have the last word..in which case, go ahead.. I'll let it go and ignore it. I'm convinced of the bad call. I don't really care anymore about your opinion Benny Boy.. Later

You need to lighten up. What do you mean by AH? (Rhetorical question, don't need an answer.) :laugh:

Oh and..I'll take his opinion over yours.. Rule book or no rule book

And if you don't care about my opinion, why keep replying?

Seriously big ben, I've already shown you how that pic is an inaccurate representation. I've proven it over and over again and you refuse to see it. The db at the top had just jumped the wrs route putting him in contact with the receiver No.7. A closer view of the other db shows him practically pulling off the wrs shirt on the shoulder. The dbs are doing the mugging. Your refusal to see it in indisputable video evidence is completely astounding. You are just looking like a blind acc apologist at this point. Nothing to see here. Move along.

If the pic you continue to show with blatant disregard for what led to situation shown were the only evidence, you would have a good case. Unfortunately for you, I have posted two videos that completely disprove it.

Dude, again, it doesn't matter if "the DB jumped the route", in the scheme of it being a pick play. The WRs blocked the DBs beyond the LOS while a forward pass beyond the LOS was being attempted, thus it is illegal. IT DOESNT MATTER IF THE DBs JUMPED THE ROUTE!!

Guest jojo1515

Seriously big ben, I've already shown you how that pic is an inaccurate representation. I've proven it over and over again and you refuse to see it. The db at the top had just jumped the wrs route putting him in contact with the receiver No.7. A closer view of the other db shows him practically pulling off the wrs shirt on the shoulder. The dbs are doing the mugging. Your refusal to see it in indisputable video evidence is completely astounding. You are just looking like a blind acc apologist at this point. Nothing to see here. Move along.

If the pic you continue to show with blatant disregard for what led to situation shown were the only evidence, you would have a good case. Unfortunately for you, I have posted two videos that completely disprove it.

Dude, again, it doesn't matter if "the DB jumped the route", in the scheme of it being a pick play. The WRs blocked the DBs beyond the LOS while a forward pass beyond the LOS was being attempted, thus it is illegal. IT DOESNT MATTER IF THE DBs JUMPED THE ROUTE!!

So by your logic, a db can get wr flagged every single play by simply jumping into his path and causing a half seconds worth of contact???

The "block" only lasted a half second. Just long enough for the wr to break away from the contact caused by the db. That does not in any way constitute a "block". I agree that blocking in the manner you mention is illegal, however that is not even close to what actually happened. Again, the flag was on No 7 on ND. Watch the 2 videos I posted and it is 100 percent undeniable that the wr made no attempt to "block" the db and that the half seconds worth of contact was caused by the db jumping in front of the receiver. If anything, it is a pi on the db for impeding a route. Seriously, watch the videos and see what is obvious or don't bother discussing. I'm done explaining this as anybody with eyes and any common sense what so ever can see this plain as day. It is not that complicated. I'm out. Carry on your completely blind uninformed refusal to see ridiculously clear evidence argument without me.

So by your logic, a db can get wr flagged every single play by simply jumping into his path and causing a half seconds worth of contact???

The "block" only lasted a half second. Just long enough for the wr to break away from the contact caused by the db. That does not in any way constitute a "block". I agree that blocking in the manner you mention is illegal, however that is not even close to what actually happened. Again, the flag was on No 7 on ND. Watch the 2 videos I posted and it is 100 percent undeniable that the wr made no attempt to "block" the db and that the half seconds worth of contact was caused by the db jumping in front of the receiver. If anything, it is a pi on the db for impeding a route. Seriously, watch the videos and see what is obvious or don't bother discussing. I'm done explaining this as anybody with eyes and any common sense what so ever can see this plain as day. It is not that complicated. I'm out. Carry on your completely blind uninformed refusal to see ridiculously clear evidence argument without me.

They see exactly what you are saying, but it is just so hard for some, to admit they are wrong!

Jojo.. Exactly! You have explained it correctly over and over.. It's just not going to matter. This was not an illegal pic.. The flag was on #7 by the back official who had no view of the play.. And "again" the refs standing over the play made no call.. And that's because there was no call to make. We are officially in a back and forth here on this forum.. Well, I've come across nobody who watched the game and knows football who thinks that was not a dirty call..or at best a bad call.. So, there are a couple of guys on here who are not going to entertain the possibility that they're wrong. Or the possibility that the call was bad.. I've had it shown to me and explained to me just how this was a bad call by one of the most respected officials in the SEC so I would suggest to let it go.. The call was bad..you know it, I know it..I would say 90% of the people that saw it outside of Tallahassee know it was a bad call. So what if a couple of guys on here think the WRs blocked.. The play back does not show that- that didn't happen. But these guys are invested in that opinion.. No fact is going to change it.. Let'em have it. Whatever.. ND won that game and that win was taken by a back ref who had no view of the play..ACC officials who have been reprimanded multiple times this year. Most of us know what the deal is.. These guys are either teens or Tweens.. I was at the punt Bama punt game so I've been watching football longer then these guys have been alive..so who cares.

Jojo.. Exactly! You have explained it correctly over and over.. It's just not going to matter. This was not an illegal pic.. The flag was on #7 by the back official who had no view of the play.. And "again" the refs standing over the play made no call.. And that's because there was no call to make. We are officially in a back and forth here on this forum.. Well, I've come across nobody who watched the game and knows football who thinks that was not a dirty call..or at best a bad call.. So, there are a couple of guys on here who are not going to entertain the possibility that they're wrong. Or the possibility that the call was bad.. I've had it shown to me and explained to me just how this was a bad call by one of the most respected officials in the SEC so I would suggest to let it go.. The call was bad..you know it, I know it..I would say 90% of the people that saw it outside of Tallahassee know it was a bad call. So what if a couple of guys on here think the WRs blocked.. The play back does not show that- that didn't happen. But these guys are invested in that opinion.. No fact is going to change it.. Let'em have it. Whatever.. ND won that game and that win was taken by a back ref who had no view of the play..ACC officials who have been reprimanded multiple times this year. Most of us know what the deal is.. These guys are either teens or Tweens.. I was at the punt Bama punt game so I've been watching football longer then these guys have been alive..so who cares.

Nice^^ and very TRUE

AH may be a little harsh, but you started attaching rule books to a family member's Twitter account.. making yourself an AH.. He has not made his opinion public nor will he..but you want to bug him.. And if I hadn't told you who "this mysterious official" is with a picture of a guy in a tin hat with the word conspiracy..I wouldn't have floated his name..and you tell me to lighten up.. AH fits sorry..yeah it's harsh but why don't you lighten up..or smarten up. I argued the facts..you got personal so I handed some back to you. If you can't handle it, don't dish it out. Now, seriously, have a good day. Lets try to be civil here. It's a fun place to argue points..not to be insulted. I respect your right to have that opinion..aight..?

Guest jojo1515

Rae, I applaud your effort, but there is never a place on here to call people names like that. Sure some people act like that sometimes, myself included; but this is a family forum. Please keep it clean and as respectful as possible. Thanks

You got it.. Steve is my cousin and Ben shot a tweet at him and I felt very angry about that. No excuse for getting personal..which was my point so I will take my own advice.. Sorry guys.

Btw..jojo.. Reading your posts, you get pretty aggressive and right on the edge there.. I'm new here and I didn't post any words.. I posted a reply apologizing but after looking through the posts and getting to know the forum.."warning me for that was a bit much." I'm new, but try not to brow beat me. I'm an Alum as is my wife, mother, brother and nephews.. I've got strong opinions.. They will be expressed appropriately and passionately.. Try not to comment on that.. If you have a debate point, great, otherwise let's not go there. Thank you..

AH may be a little harsh, but you started attaching rule books to a family member's Twitter account.. making yourself an AH.. He has not made his opinion public nor will he..but you want to bug him.. And if I hadn't told you who "this mysterious official" is with a picture of a guy in a tin hat with the word conspiracy..I wouldn't have floated his name..and you tell me to lighten up.. AH fits sorry..yeah it's harsh but why don't you lighten up..or smarten up. I argued the facts..you got personal so I handed some back to you. If you can't handle it, don't dish it out. Now, seriously, have a good day. Lets try to be civil here. It's a fun place to argue points..not to be insulted. I respect your right to have that opinion..aight..?

That's why I asked if he had commented publicly. I haven't posted anything on his Twitter (the "I" in that post should have been "I'll"). I'm not dense enough to question anyone directly if I'm getting their opinion secondhand. I'm not so sure you're getting your info from him. If you are, you're making some rather silly factual inaccuracies in your posts that the head of SEC officials would be aware of.

What, pray tell, is a "non- field" official? They're all on the field. You also said the farthest official from the play threw the flag, which is also not true. The back judge threw it, a call he would be expected to make. You also said he had no clear line of sight on the touchdown. That's unimportant. The infraction happened in front of him.

As for the tin foil hat, it fits. It was a judgement call. Whether the flag should have been thrown is a matter of debate (an infraction did take place, though), but they threw it, and I have not seen anything, nothing, in all the videos and pictures, that would make me think it was thrown in error. You made the bare ***** assertion that the refs were "trying to keep the hot ACC team alive." Hence the tinfoil hat.

As for calling people "AH," learn to control that or your stay here will be a short one. Passionate discussion should be encouraged, reducing ourselves to that level of ugliness is not.

And I'm not a "teen or tween." I'm a 29 year old curmudgeon(which you'd know if you looked at my member title) that has been an Auburn fan as long as I can remember, and I played the game for 10 years. I do know "what the deal is." :rolleyes:

Guest jojo1515

Btw..jojo.. Reading your posts, you get pretty aggressive and right on the edge there.. I'm new here and I didn't post any words.. I posted a reply apologizing but after looking through the posts and getting to know the forum.."warning me for that was a bit much." I'm new, but try not to brow beat me. I'm an Alum as is my wife, mother, brother and nephews.. I've got strong opinions.. They will be expressed appropriately and passionately.. Try not to comment on that.. If you have a debate point, great, otherwise let's not go there. Thank you..

Seriously? I applauded your enthusiasm and I was attempting to let you know that this is a family forum and there are rules. Name calling is not allowed and will get you banned. I never told you not to comment on anything, just to be respectful. We all get in some serious discussions around here, but at the end of the day we are all AUFAMILY. Also, we have to abide by the rules or we won't be here (this is not al.com). How in the world you get brow beating from somebody that has been agreeing with asking you to be respectful to others is beyond me. I was trying to let you know that name calling is not allowed here. I think you will enjoy this forum if you can stay within the rules. Calling people names and accusing people that agree with you of "brow beating" is not a good way to make friends here (and again will just get you banned so it's not even useful or effective). So I ask one more time to please keep it as respectful as possible. Thanks

Jojo.. Ok point taken.. I'm not use to such a conservative forum.. But having been on the ND forum I certainly appreciate the decorum here. Maybe brow beating was the wrong way to put it.. And yeah you have understood the call was bad.. So I'll say again, I'll keep the personal stuff down.. Ben, gets personal..the tin hat thing is not needed.. His need to continue this is bothersome.. I don't know whether to engage his posts or not.. I'll give you my name and if you live in Al. you'll even know my brother.. if he doesn't believe Steve is my cousin I'm willing to throw it out there.. He absolutely is and the info came directly from him.. The call was bad.. But I can put anything factual out there and he's got something to say.. I almost want to call Steve..can't get him today. I'm tired of explaining over and over.. I'm satisfied the call was bad.. And I am suspicious of the ACC officials..and if you don't think calls are made with bias intentions you're very naive.. So I could go thru point by point where I'm correct but he'll have another crappy bunch of questions.. I'm just going to think about if he's worthy of a reply..the last one was so full of his lack of knowledge of officiating..line officials and back officials.. It's like why bother.. Steve absolutely pointed it out to me exactly the way I expressed it.. So it's probably time to just shut it down and not reply.. I'll think about it. But to your point..sorry, I'll keep it clean and TRY to not get personal..

Ben.. I'll make this as short as I can.. You do understand line judges right? And the "back judge" (see you answered your own question) did not have a line of site. I've got two videos from right behind the judge..he threw the flag while not seeing it.. We clearly saw that.. You can tell me he saw it and threw the flag based on what you saw, but that doesn't make it correct.. He was not able to see it. I've got a video showing he did not.. In fact there were so many players in front of him nobody in the area couldn't see anything.

And the back line judge was the farthest from the play.. There were three officials right on top of the players-they did not call the penalty.. My point..his point..our point is if anybody would see the penalty it would be these guys not the back line judge..

And listen, don't lecture me about what I post.. I will not post foul language but if you get infantile and post pictures of tin hats to a guy who has and brings as much knowledge of the game as I do, you'll get an equally personal reply.. So when picking your nose, stop your finger when you feel resistance..it's affecting your brain..

Ben.. I'll make this as short as I can.. You do understand line judges right?

Yes. They are not "non-field" officials. That's a goofball phrase to apply to anyone but the replay official, and an experienced ref avoiding this conversation like the plague (corresponding privately, he realizes how useless it is to argue with you) is wondering what in the blue hades you're talking about. For all the knowledge you bring to the forum about the game, you're very odd with your terminology.

And the "back judge" (see you answered your own question) did not have a line of site. I've got two videos from right behind the judge..he threw the flag while not seeing it.. We clearly saw that.. You can tell me he saw it and threw the flag based on what you saw, but that doesn't make it correct.. He was not able to see it.

I've got a video showing he did not.. In fact there were so many players in front of him nobody in the area couldn't see anything.

Post the video. I think you're confusing the back judge for the ump. And watch this:

See that guy standing under the goal post watching the penalty occur right in front of him? The guy in the best possible position to throw that flag? That's the back judge.

And the back line judge was the farthest from the play.. There were three officials right on top of the players-they did not call the penalty.. My point..his point..our point is if anybody would see the penalty it would be these guys not the back line judge..

Wrong again. That would be the side judge on the far side of the field. For your supposed understanding of the game, the positioning of the officials escapes you.

And that's more nonsense. That is a call the back judge would be expected to make. Look at the video I posted above.

And listen, don't lecture me about what I post.. I will not post foul language but if you get infantile and post pictures of tin hats to a guy who has and brings as much knowledge of the game as I do, you'll get an equally personal reply.. So when picking your nose, stop your finger when you feel resistance..it's affecting your brain..

Have a mighty high opinion of your knowledge of the game, huh? Sorry criticizing your understanding and/or opinion flings you off into vulgar insult land. In truth, I don't think your knowledge of the game is any better than mine. Given how odd your terminology is and lack of understanding of officiating mechanics in general, I think you could stand to be brought down a peg.

Man..I do have the opinion that the call was bad.. I'm ignoring everything else.. Oh and btw, the entire SEC has a high opinion of Steve.. See ya.. I'm done and won't be baited anymore..

Man..I do have the opinion that the call was bad.. I'm ignoring everything else.. Oh and btw, the entire SEC has a high opinion of Steve.. See ya.. I'm done and won't be baited anymore..

I've since edited the post, but it's probably for the best we end the debate. War Eagle.

Yeah..hey listen man.. Does it really matter anyway. I'll respect your opinion.. And I won't speak in absolutes. And I won't speak as if I know everything..I certainly don't..and I will not insult you again.

I've got to share this with you.. I've been on the ND board and I've never been insulted like that since I was in high school. It's awful.. I don't want anybody on here, fellow Tiger fans to be talked to like that and insulted.. I really don't. I share the point..it's possible the call was fair. I'll tell you this too, Steve and I did talk a long time about it-he was over at the house visiting..he and his wife.. After we talked and he gave his opinion he said this: but I would have to be on the field to really know exactly what the call is..should be..if there was a call to make..and would want to see who made the call..and where I would have been standing.. It's a different game on the field. So, it's only fair to add that to the conversation.. And again tell you sorry for the insults.. That's all I've had on the ND board..and unbelievably rude disgusting comments

simply because I went to-not just Auburn-but the three letters S-E-C.. I'm the devil on there.. I was into ND..was impressed by them..their QB..the composure everything.. But their fans, toads.. So, again sorry..take care..

Archived