FSU vs Notre Dame

WFE12

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even Lou Holtz said it was offensive pass interference.

Let that sink in.

And he NEVER says anything against ND. It was def. PI.

It was PI. Both WRs did their job at the line of scrimmage. They did not need to carry out the contact. Just stop or go into a crossing route. They maintained contact with the DBs.

Even Lou Holtz said it was offensive pass interference.

Let that sink in.

And he NEVER says anything against ND. It was def. PI.

It was PI. Both WRs did their job at the line of scrimmage. They did not need to carry out the contact. Just stop or go into a crossing route. They maintained contact with the DBs.

Agree. That's what i was telling a friend. They didn't even need to touch the defenders b/c it looks like FSU was fooled anyway. He may not would've been that wide open but i think the defenders would have def. been late to the play and ND still gets the TD.

I hate FSU worse than bammer

No, not possible ...

I don't know, they are getting close.

For me....they are dead even. Both programs are equally corrupt.

And to think, I used to like Jimbo

Jimbo sold out. It's too bad because he could be a likable guy and he's a good coach in many ways. But he has no integrity or ethics. He's too much like the nickster in that regard.

Alright someone explain to me why this was called. If you start at the snap with this picture, then go and watch the video you can see the FSU DB starts the contact and holds the ND receiver the entire play. Even as the the other receiver is catching the ball you can see the FSU DB pulling the jersey down with his right hand.

zy2esa9e.jpg

Guest jojo1515

Tex, you can't use actual proof in this forum. People will still claim you are wrong because they have ready made their minds up and it can never, under any circumstances what so ever, be changed. No point in proving it, they will see some minute detail they think proves them right. It is very very clear that the db initiated the contact and maintained it by wrapping his arms around the receiver. Had the TD pass not have been thrown, this would have been claimed by these same people to be defensive holding. Refs are crooked. Always have been and are just getting worse exponentially. It is time for coaches to start calling the truth in their news conferences. They may be fined, but it is the only possible way for this to be corrected. I know they don't want to be seen as excuse makers, but way too many games are won by refs these days and it is disgusting to watch. It is ruining college football.

When the contact was made the receiver never attempted to get away from it. Plus, we don't even know if that's the receiver that the penalty was actually called on. The ref didn't give a number -- Herbstreit just happened to circle that guy. Go back and watch the play again and look at the other receiver. He runs a few yards and then goes directly into his defender, initiates the contact and doesn't let him get behind him to where the play developed. I think both WRs are committing a penalty but it's the top one with the more blatant of the two.

EDIT: I just watched it again myself and I stand corrected. The ref DID give a number, number 7. The top receiver.

I desperately wanted ND to win last night but this is an obvious call.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:11726052

I wanted Notre Dame to win BADLY last night as well but that Offensive Pass Interference was just too easy of a call. It was there and actually 2 different players were guilty. Pick one. It was a spot on call and the easiest call all night. I detest fsu...

this is never called on bammer. but the post was right that they didnt even need to interfere. just a bump would have been plenty. i hate it worked out like it did.

Alright someone explain to me why this was called. If you start at the snap with this picture, then go and watch the video you can see the FSU DB starts the contact and holds the ND receiver the entire play. Even as the the other receiver is catching the ball you can see the FSU DB pulling the jersey down with his right hand.

You're going to get jammed at the line by the opposing DBs if you're trying to run a route in the shadow of their goal posts. The problem is that the receiver never attempted to disengage and was obviously looking to stalk block. If the receiver had tried to raise his hands he might have gotten away with it, but he didn't. He locked up and started chopping them feet. It was textbook offensive pass interference.

I wanted Notre Dame to win BADLY last night as well but that Offensive Pass Interference was just too easy of a call. It was there and actually 2 different players were guilty. Pick one. It was a spot on call and the easiest call all night. I detest fsu...

About time you showed up. I was wondering where the heck you were last night while everyone was melting about the call. :laugh:

About time you showed up. I was wondering where the heck you were last night while everyone was melting about the call. :laugh:

It's a judgement call and it's pretty pointless to even try to discuss something like this because so many are just so convinced of a conspiracy. They think all officials cheat and it's just not worth the effort. I may post once about it, but to debate people over judgement calls is just a waste of time. The fan's mantra is: Officials all cheat (unless my team is the benefit of the call). I prefer to stick to the interpretations like I have in the rules and interpretations thread because in those its not about the judgement, its a definite rule application (that most don't know).

You're going to get jammed at the line by the opposing DBs if you're trying to run a route in the shadow of their goal posts. The problem is that the receiver never attempted to disengage and was obviously looking to stalk block. If the receiver had tried to raise his hands he might have gotten away with it, but he didn't. He locked up and started chopping them feet. It was textbook offensive pass interference.

Good explanation...JMO but I think it was a deliberate play call by Kelly/ND hoping to get away with it because it was probably the last play of the game and offensive interference is not called very often.

I note that later today Kelly raised cane about the ACC officiating which mostly means that he usually gets away with something like that. So will he get a fine like the AD from the Big 12?

Understand the jamming, but if you watch the video as mentioned the receiver is being held by the db the entire play.

So then wouldn't both be in violation, and then you do a no call or double flag it and replay the down?

I'm questioning cause I honestly am trying to understand the call and how it doesn't go both ways.

Guest jojo1515

Understand the jamming, but if you watch the video as mentioned the receiver is being held by the db the entire play.

So then wouldn't both be in violation, and then you do a no call or double flag it and replay the down?

I'm questioning cause I honestly am trying to understand the call and how it doesn't go both ways.

As I said earlier, thise arguing in favor of the refs saw what the announcers and refs told them to see. No use in actual facts as they are not going to review them and will simply tell you that you are wrong and that they are right because they said so. Pictures and video have no effect on predetermined responses...

As I said earlier, thise arguing in favor of the refs saw what the announcers and refs told them to see. No use in actual facts as they are not going to review them and will simply tell you that you are wrong and that they are right because they said so. Pictures and video have no effect on predetermined responses...

You need to go look up the definition of fact. :rolleyes:

Good explanation...JMO but I think it was a deliberate play call by Kelly/ND hoping to get away with it because it was probably the last play of the game and offensive interference is not called very often.

I note that later today Kelly raised cane about the ACC officiating which mostly means that he usually gets away with something like that. So will he get a fine like the AD from the Big 12?

I'd say that's a good hunch.

I have watched the video and I disagree. The DB made contact at the line, the wide receiver didn't attempt to disengage like he's supposed to. I think what you were seeing as a hold by the DB was him being blocked.

Besides, the one you're focusing on isn't even the one the penalty was called on. Go watch the replay again. They called it on number seven. He essentially sealed off the defender.

First let me say great to be here.. War Eagle! Hardcore Tigers fan.. I wanted to weigh in on the FSU ND game.. I've read a lot of the AU nation's analysis and there are opinions all over the board..and mine is an opinion too.. I'm just having a very hard time with my knowledge of the game and the years of being a college football fan along with having a relative being one of the most respected refs in the SEC understanding why what's obvious to me and the opinion of my ref cousin isn't shared by more of fellow Tiger fans.. I know we don't have a dog in the race and the opinions are not emotion based..because truly..other than the sheer hatred of FSU..there's no reason to have an opinion.. But, this was clearly (to us) a case of defensive holding. I understand the argument that they did not call it on #7 but I do believe that was the intended.. A day later and after all of the uproar the ref changes his call, which makes it even more suspicious.. On #7..in our eyes, it's indisputable..he wrapped up the ND WR..clear as day..no pick. It's a coached play that refs are supposed to recognize no matter the Oscar Award winning after performance.. the FSU DB grabs, wraps the WR up and holds on the entire play artfully portraying the WR as blocking him out.. It's a common sleaze bag play from the defense..refs (good refs/honest refs) never fall for and this back ref..far away.."fell for." So, not withstanding if the call was made on the other ND receiver, if the call was on this ND WR, it was absolutely a horrible call. And for it to be called by the ref farthest away, on a huge game making play..not only a bad call but a questionable call..for corruption. Thank you..great to be here..

Guest jojo1515

I have watched the video and I disagree. The DB made contact at the line, the wide receiver didn't attempt to disengage like he's supposed to. I think what you were seeing as a hold by the DB was him being blocked.

Besides, the one you're focusing on isn't even the one the penalty was called on. Go watch the replay again. They called it on number seven. He essentially sealed off the defender.

If the call truly is on number 7, then the call is not only wrong, but horrific. This video is close to the angle of the ref that threw the flag. From this angle, it is extremely evident that the db jumped in front of number 7 and was in no way what so ever blocked out of position. Here it is very very clear that the db initiated the contact so the argument immediately changes from bad call to intentionally bad call...

If the call truly is on number 7, then the call is not only wrong, but horrific. This video is close to the angle of the ref that threw the flag. From this angle, it is extremely evident that the db jumped in front of number 7 and was in no way what so ever blocked out of position. Here it is very very clear that the db initiated the contact so the argument immediately changes from bad call to intentionally bad call...

Amazing how you can show people something on video, even show the video angle, but they will still claim the bias officials are correct and you (with evidence) are wrong.

It was FSU blown coverage!!

Amazing how you can show people something on video, even show the video angle, but they will still claim the bias officials are correct and you (with evidence) are wrong.

It was FSU blown coverage!!

You guys are funny. That's an obvious penalty. It's been ten years since I played the game, but it was illegal when I played and it's illegal now.

Archived