Week 10 Polls

Proud Tiger

I'm one that doesn't think two SEC teams will get in the playoff. The SEC champ is pretty much in. Our best chance is to hope MSU loses two and we win out. My thinking is, "No Atlanta, no playoff". Unless, of course, the rest of the country doesn't have any one-loss teams of their own to put into contention.

I kind of thought this way earlier in the year too but I think it's very possible. If Mississippi State doesn't lose and we win out...we'll be 11-1 with that loss coming to #1 on the road. And we'd likely have beaten 5 top 25 teams. That type of resume would be hard to ignore especially considering that at this point at least 2 1 loss teams will get in.

I'm one that doesn't think two SEC teams will get in the playoff. The SEC champ is pretty much in. Our best chance is to hope MSU loses two and we win out. My thinking is, "No Atlanta, no playoff". Unless, of course, the rest of the country doesn't have any one-loss teams of their own to put into contention.

I kind of thought this way earlier in the year too but I think it's very possible. If Mississippi State doesn't lose and we win out...we'll be 11-1 with that loss coming to #1 on the road. And we'd likely have beaten 5 top 25 teams. That type of resume would be hard to ignore especially considering that at this point at least 2 1 loss teams will get in.

... and that "11-1 with that loss coming to #1 on the road"... in the rain. We need to keep reminding the press that 2 out of the last 3 losses happened this way.

... and that "11-1 with that loss coming to #1 on the road"... in the rain. We need to keep reminding the press that 2 out of the last 3 losses happened this way.

It rained on MSU too.

... and Arkansas. Point was not that rain hurts only one team, rather the only loss had extenuating circumstances. One which might not only result in a different outcome, but might also weigh into meriting or granting a rematch.

You guys don't think how you win matters? Ok, you will be the same ones screaming conspiracy if we win out and don't get picked

You can always expect Sunday to see the same ole folks, spouting the same ole crap. WE WON. Get over it already. Uat let UT run up as may yards as they had, I bet their fans are not on their site talking about how lucky they were to win. Dang even SS said they did everything possible but throw the kitchen sink at us and we still one. They went 6 for 14 in third downs that is the reason they had to attempt 6 forth down attempts. They got luck on them, and SS called double reverses, QB throw backs, every trick play in the book. It was a sign of serious desperation. SS knew another loss and he was out of contention. Sometimes I would like to see someone check for credentials from supposedly AU Fans on message boards. Lets talk about rushing 395 yards against an SEC opponent. I don't see to many teams out there that can do that. We beat OM next week , that's what we need to talk about. By the way for you naysayers, I really expect AU to be in the top 4 when the real poll comes out Tuesday. Only Us and ND have a loss to a non-beaten team. We have a road win against the #11 team and a home win against the #16 team. We easily have the best 1 loss record out there right now. Also the committee has already stated that they will look at who you lose to or win against but scores are not going to matter. So get this style point thing out of your head. WDE

I agree with you but there's not many others who will.....

I agree

I doubt it as well. As I've said in other threads, I do not envision a second team from any conference getting into the playoff unless the committee is left with no other viable alternative. If they have an SEC Champion, undefeated or possibly one loss ACC Champion, and one or possibly two loss champions from the other conferences to choose from, I do not see them excluding any of those in favor of a second team from the SEC.

Who cares about polls? Win and you are in! Simple math and simple logic. And also, win by any means, any way and any how. Bottom line, no cares how you win or how you lose. At the end, it is only about the W.

This is the most inane common post on this board. Top 5 doesn't cut it, top 4 does. We're sitting at #4. The Committee's MANDATE is to consider information such as polls in deciding the final 4. The ONLY way Bama could sit at #3 in front of us is the alarming decision by pollsters that their beating Texas A & M badly is more impressive than their beating Arky by 1 point is pathetic. Otherwise, we beat a higher ranked KState team and lost to a higher ranked Miss State team than Bama. Take a look at Oregon & Mich State's schedules if you think your silly complacency gets us into the final 4 by "winning out". What you're really assuming is we need to beat Ole Miss, Bama & Georgia AND those teams need to finish highly ranked AND our loss team, Miss State needs to be top 10 by season's end. In the POLLS.

You guys don't think how you win matters? Ok, you will be the same ones screaming conspiracy if we win out and don't get picked

Correct! It's plainly stated in the "constitution" (for lack of a better term) of the committee that they are to consider style points. It doesn't use the term "style points", it's something similar to "control of the games". At any rate, wins are more important but if it comes down to a decision between teams with equal won/loss records, style points will count a lot.

None of it matters if Auburn doesn't win out. One game at a time. The D played great against LSU. They played great 2nd half of Ark game. Played decent against KSt. So as long as we don't shoot ourselves in the foot on Offense, then Auburn could win out. Have ole miss this week, must focus on them.

Archived