Joey Harrington comments on Auburn and Alabama

jmcrosson

Gotta think that some of these guys haven't even been watching the games. We all know our defense is our weak link right now but this guy... Huh.

Wannstedt: “Auburn has two good wins -- at Kansas State and at Ole Miss -- and I think they have a top-four defense, but their offense is too heavily dependent on QB Nick Marshall.”

Proof that "journalist" is not a real job.

If you guys missed it, Fox Sports has put together it's own 13 member mock-pannel for playoff rankings. Each week they publicize their thoughts as to why each team is ranked where it is. I thought it was really interesting, but loved what Joey Harrington said:

maxresdefault.jpg

Harrington (had Bama No. 7, Auburn No. 3): “Auburn won in Oxford, Alabama lost in Oxford. Auburn won in Manhattan, Alabama beat West Virginia on a neutral site. I'm tired of people saying they just ‘know’ Alabama is the best team in the SEC. That feeling is based on what Nick Saban and Alabama have done in the past and the belief he will have them prepared to win down the stretch. The reality is there is no logical argument that could put this year’s Alabama team, at this moment, ahead of Auburn. This week’s game will give Alabama a chance to beat a good LSU team -- which is something Auburn has already done.”

http://www.foxsports...-week-10-110214

This is what an unbiased opinion sounds like when comparing AU and bama. Something you rarely if ever see.

Relax. There are no guarantees on anything. It will be difficult for AU to win out but if they do, they are in the 4 team playoff. I'm giving 3-1 odds if anyone wants some of it.

Your odds seem about right. The only situation where I get worried is if we win out but so does Miss St, Fla St, Oregon, and the Big 12 champ (TCU/Baylor/K St). I don't know what would happen, but the committee might struggle with the decision on who gets left out. But the chances of having all of those teams win out is pretty slim.

If K State wins out and wins Big 12 we should be in over them, that would be a screw job not realizing that head to head

You know, the defense has done a decent job overall this season. It has looked really bad at times, but they seem to hold the line when it is needed. I honestly believe that for the rest of the season, we will see our defense coming together and hold their own down the stretch. This team is very talented and very capable of winning out. I see a 14-1 record with our 2nd NC in the last 5 years.

Pretty good piece by P Marshall.....makes a good defense of our defense.....and presents a realistic picture of modern college football.

http://auburn.247sports.com/Article/PMARSHONAU-Where-has-all-the-defense-gone-32621285

We win out we are in the playoff even if we don't go to the SECCG. We are solid in the third spot and our strength of schedule goes up if we beat A&M, UGA and Bammer so I see no way we could be left out. In fact, we may be in better shape for the playoff spot if MSU wins out.

We win out we are in the playoff even if we don't go to the SECCG. We are solid in the third spot and our strength of schedule goes up if we beat A&M, UGA and Bammer so I see no way we could be left out. In fact, we may be in better shape for the playoff spot if MSU wins out.

With UGA going down last weekend I get the feeling that killed any shot the SEC had of getting second team in. There is still the one element of conference champions which they cannot use at this stage of rankings.

With UGA going down last weekend I get the feeling that killed any shot the SEC had of getting second team in. There is still the one element of conference champions which they cannot use at this stage of rankings.

I don't think the SEC gets two slots unless there are no power-5 one loss conference champions. An 11-1 Auburn that doesn't go to a conference championship game will not be in over a 12-1 Oregon or 12-1 Michigan State, for example. We either need MOO-State to lose two so we can go to Atlanta or the other conference leaders to mostly end up with two losses. It plainly states in the committee's "instructions" that conference championship shall be taken into consideration. We are #3 right now because there are no conference champions at this time. When there are conference champions, those teams that are not conference championships will sink on down the list.

I don't think the SEC gets two slots unless there are no power-5 one loss conference champions. An 11-1 Auburn that doesn't go to a conference championship game will not be in over a 12-1 Oregon or 12-1 Michigan State, for example. We either need MOO-State to lose two so we can go to Atlanta or the other conference leaders to mostly end up with two losses. It plainly states in the committee's "instructions" that conference championship shall be taken into consideration. We are #3 right now because there are no conference champions at this time. When there are conference champions, those teams that are not conference championships will sink on down the list.

I agree with everything you said here but at this time there is one possible conference champ we could be ranked above and that's Kansas state. If it plays out that way we will be thanking our lucky stars we had K state on the schedule. In the end I still don't know what the committee will do so we better hope auburn gets a chance to play for the SECCC.

Doesnt matter shake up saturday 2 coming...12 rank teams play each other...I dont think Alabama beats LSU,but then beats State.No clue how we lost to them,their not good.I think Oregon,Notre Dame,Baylor,Michigan St,TCU all lose.

Next Top 6 become Miss St,FSU,Aub,K State,Arz St,Ohio St

but then next week State loses, a rusty Gurley wont help horrible Georgia D and I wouldnt sleep on Duke Johnson and Miami upsetting FSU...so in two weeks it becomes FSU,Aub,KState,Arz St,Miss St,Ohio St

but FSU id put on upset alert vs Miami

Relax. There are no guarantees on anything. It will be difficult for AU to win out but if they do, they are in the 4 team playoff. I'm giving 3-1 odds if anyone wants some of it.

Your odds seem about right. The only situation where I get worried is if we win out but so does Miss St, Fla St, Oregon, and the Big 12 champ (TCU/Baylor/K St). I don't know what would happen, but the committee might struggle with the decision on who gets left out. But the chances of having all of those teams win out is pretty slim.

Well, KSU and TCU play Saturday I believe so that will be taken care of.,

Archived