Ellis Johnson

Ed_

The AU Defense cannot stop anyone 3rd and long, and how many 4th downs did USCe get against the AU defense? Weren't they 4 for 4 or maybe even 5 for 5? This is on Johnson. He's the leader of the defense. It's also on Gus since he's the head coach.

I believe they were 4/5. I bet they couldn't do that on any other team in the SEC. I fully expect Johnson to finish the season. I don't expect him to change anything, though. I'll be disappointed in him if he puts more blame on his players. KSU, MSU, MSU, Utah - they all have much better Ds with far less talent. It ain't the players.

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The AU Defense cannot stop anyone 3rd and long, and how many 4th downs did USCe get against the AU defense? Weren't they 4 for 4 or maybe even 5 for 5? This is on Johnson. He's the leader of the defense. It's also on Gus since he's the head coach.

I believe they were 4/5. I bet they couldn't do that on any other team in the SEC. I fully expect Johnson to finish the season. I don't expect him to change anything, though. I'll be disappointed in him if he puts more blame on his players. KSU, MSU, MSU, Utah - they all have much better Ds with far less talent. It ain't the players.

Nope

Michigan st has really great players. Especially on corner and secondary. Line is tough too

Michigan st has really great players. Especially on corner and secondary. Line is tough too

their coach does an excellent job of building up players

I know the defense is great. I'm watching it. They out recruited Auburn?

Its not about being positive or negative. Its about being honest Johnson is not the answer. We need a DC with a pulse and we haven't had it since 07.

I'm an auburn man...i support everything auburn...thus, I support T. Rock coming back as DCoord or Asst DCoord to Garner. Bye Ellis.

What makes you sure Rocker would come back if offered?

You know though, TAMU has great talent if you break it down to 4 & 5 star players. They came out ahead of us in the rankings. Maybe Auburn and TAMU have the worst DCs in the SEC.CTT did as good of a job as any coach in the nation with regard to coaching up kids.

I'm an auburn man...i support everything auburn...thus, I support T. Rock coming back as DCoord or Asst DCoord to Garner. Bye Ellis.

What makes you sure Rocker would come back if offered?

Maybe because our coaching staff has changed. Seems like I remember reading that he left with a sour taste in his mouth

A lot of you said Tracy would never come to the college level. Well guess what, he's back. Kevin Greene would be a great IF Tracy didn't want to come back home.

I know the defense is great. I'm watching it. They out recruited Auburn?

28 points and 332 yards allowed in the first half is great defense? WOW... things are worse than I thought at Auburn.

A lot of you said Tracy would never come to the college level. Well guess what, he's back.

But would he come home to Auburn for a second time, if offered?

If Will Muschamp is let go, why not offer him the job? if Gus keeps EJ, nothing will change for the better.

Musrat never had an answer to Georgia when he was with us. Let him go back to Texas. Ellis doesn't coach defensive backs, let's start there first.

Why are people talking about bringing Rocker in as a DC. I'm sorry but at our program's current level I don't think we should be bringing in anyone other than a proven DC. Would love Rock back as a position coach/asst. DC but not as actual DC.

Why are people talking about bringing Rocker in as a DC. I'm sorry but at our program's current level I don't think we should be bringing in anyone other than a proven DC. Would love Rock back as a position coach/asst. DC but not as actual DC.

Asst DC with Garner finally getting his earned shot is my ideal situation...

Just because someone played football at AU, doesn't make them a great coach. Kevin Green was a standout and pro player but he has no coaching experience. CRG isn't a DC; I'm not sure his Dline coaching is all that. Rocker is a position coach not DC. If and when the time comes, we need a very good and proven DC who can recruit and bring hard missed football back.

Don't think anyone was taking about bring him in as a dc

Sorry saw a post talking about him as DC/asst. DC then never saw the following ones clarify they meant position coach,

Archived