The Man Who Killed Bin Laden

Proud Tiger

I just got thru watching the conclusion of the interview with Rob O'Neill, the Navy Seal who killed Usama Bin Laden. His story of the mission and all that went on is incredible America owes a lot to this Seal team and men like Rob. I salute Rob and his courage and appreciate his taking the obvious risk involved in telling his story. Here is a snippet.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/11/12/navy-seal-who-shot-usama-bin-laden-revealed-in-exclusive-fox-news-interview/

He disclosed nothing classified that hadn't already been known and he knew full well the Pentagon wouldn't like it. I fully expected you to be the first one to be critical of him in some way. But I couldn't care less what you think. He is hell of a lot more man than you will ever be. So whine away if you want. Again I salute Rob.End of discussion on my part.

I don't think it wise for SEALS, SF, Rangers, Force Recon, or AFSP to speak up about missions of high priority. There are things I dealt with that I will never reveal. I'm not so warm and fuzzy about this revelation.

autigeremt......I respect your opinion but did he reveal much of anything that the guy who wrote the book already hadn't?

The author also wrote "Blackhawk Down" which enlightened us lot. Another great book "Fearless" with a lot of detail is the story of another Seal who was killed.

autigeremt......I respect your opinion but did he reveal much of anything that the guy who wrote the book already hadn't?

Special operators should respect the profession by resisting the glorification of the mission. Its a code that shouldn't be broken until such time passes that the mission is declassified.

What about the mission that he and the author spoke of hadn't already been revealed. Another Seal on the team had already written a book about the mission. Did you see the interview? I just don't se how anyone could watch it and not be proud of him

Anyhow, this old man ifs off bed. Goodnight and WDE.

What about the mission that he and the author spoke of hadn't already been revealed. Another Seal on the team had already written a book about the mission. Did you see the interview? I just don't se how anyone could watch it and not be proud of him

I was proud of him when he kept quiet.

Proud of his service, not of his actions following such service. I watched a few minutes of it.....not happy about it.

We capitalize all letters of SEAL. It's an acronym.

This is a Seal

monk-seal_632_600x450.jpg

We capitalize all letters of SEAL. It's an acronym.

This is a Seal

monk-seal_632_600x450.jpg

I was waiting on that.....:)

The author also wrote "Blackhawk Down" which enlightened us lot. Another great book "Fearless" with a lot of detail is the story of another Seal who was killed.

So, presumably, the same applies to emt: "I couldn't care less what you think. He is hell of a lot more man than you will ever be. So whine away if you want." ?

So, presumably, the same applies to emt: "I couldn't care less what you think. He is hell of a lot more man than you will ever be. So whine away if you want." ?

This issue would most likely not exist if President Obama, Vice President Biden and Secretary Biden had chosen to lead by example and keep their mouths SHUT. The Obama administration has piggy backed on the dangerous work of our military to promote their vain glory.

Being a supporter of our military I was most interested in knowing the first-hand account of details. In advance of this program I asked several friends who are former SEALs for their opinions about what the public was about to see (they saw the program in advance). They were none too happy. In support of our SEALs, STFU ! Catharsis was given on 5/02/11.

This issue would most likely not exist if President Obama, Vice President Biden and Secretary Biden had chosen to lead by example and keep their mouths SHUT. The Obama administration has piggy backed on the dangerous work of our military to promote their vain glory.

Well, at least they didn't fly to an aircraft carrier and stand before a "Mission Accomplished" poster. :-\

Well, at least they didn't fly to an aircraft carrier and stand before a "Mission Accomplished" poster. :-\

Your comment is irrelevant and doesn't pertain to the discussion of the SEAL.

No, it's relevant to the extraordinary notion that politicians shouldn't tout military success or that Obama was unique in doing so.

No, it's relevant to the extraordinary notion that politicians shouldn't tout military success or that Obama was unique in doing so.

Your knowledge of history is inaccurate. This thread discusses the SEAL who killed UBL and the Obama administration revealing top secret info for political benefit. The thread has nothing to do with GWB announcing a victory on a carrier. Get your facts straight.

Your knowledge of history is inaccurate. This thread discusses the SEAL who killed UBL and the Obama administration revealing top secret info for political benefit. The thread has nothing to do with GWB announcing a victory on a carrier. Get your facts straight.

I never suggested there was an substantive connection between them. I was simply illustrating the obvious. Politicians will always tout military successes as an accomplishment.

You on the other hand, are trying to change the subject to Obama's release of confidential information from the Seal's release of confidential information, as if the former simply negates or excuses the latter.

I never suggested there was an substantive connection between them. I was simply illustrating the obvious. Politicians will always tout military successes as an accomplishment.

You on the other hand, are trying to change the subject to Obama's release of confidential information from the Seal's release of confidential information, as if the former simply negates or excuses the latter.

As usual, your logic is wacko. Read my original post about the SEAL. Having actually spoken with former SEALs in search of qualified opinions, they don't find O'Neal guilty of revealing confidential info but they do find him guilty of talking.

On the other hand the President, the V.P., and the Secretary of Defense clearly did reveal top secret info.

Somehow they get a pass ? Absolutely NOT !

But ET, the Pres.is also the CIC and good little boys don't question the CIC ever, just like the German military didn't question Hitler. Thank goodness some top brass are questioning him.

Thanks to Rob O'Neill for his service and killing BinLaden, which O'bama brags about often.

Archived