Defensive Coordinator Diiscussion

DyeHardAllTheWay

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How reliable is the twitter-er? Lots of good hires out there. I hope Auburn is ready with a back up plan and ready to hire someone. We have a bowl game to coach and recruits to reach out to.

It's everywhere. Multiple sources.

I understand his interest, but man it seems like a road full of potential potholes if you're wanting to establish HC credibility again.

This means the AU deal is not done, which puts everything in doubt. It doesn't look like we will know by today, which means it will likely not be Muschamp.

I don't think there is anything magical about Friday that means it's not him if it doesn't happen today.

Friday is their first choice. Any other is, at best, settling for second best. If Auburn cannot pull in the DC by Friday, it is a failure. That's how I see it.

That's ridiculous. Who gives a crap in the long run whether it's Friday, Saturday, Sunday or even Monday if you get the guy you wanted?

I think if you will notice, the poster known as "The Freak" posts the same syntactical construct with all his posts, only the subject changes!

"Interviewed" can mean a lot of things. It could mean a phone conversation to gauge interest (from UH's side), get an idea of budgets for salaries (from CWM's side), etc. It could be a courtesy call to help give UH's search some street cred. It could be a Sexton ploy for a final negotiating nudge. Or it could be something serious.

UH Pres just tweeted out, "if you have an opinion about the next UH Football Coach, now is the time to tell us"

twitter handle: UHpres

LOL! That reminds me of a meeting I was in after the Iron Bowl. A member of the AU AD was asked in the meeting who the next DC was going to be....he said "We're taking applications if anyone is interested".

The only person that has a timetable is Gus Malzahn. Where did this Friday ultimatum come from? If he doesn't make the right hire this same bunch of impatient fans will be calling for his head in a couple of years. Oooooh Yeah!

The only person that has a timetable is Gus Malzahn. Where did this Friday ultimatum come from? If he doesn't make the right hire this same bunch of impatient fans will be calling for his head in a couple of years. Oooooh Yeah!

From the same bunch that have wanted Auburn to set arbitrary deadlines since the middle of last week. Which tells you the sum total of their negotiating experience took place at a flea market.

UH Pres just tweeted out, "if you have an opinion about the next UH Football Coach, now is the time to tell us"

What's funny is if you read through all the responses the majority is overwelmingly in Tom Herman's favor. They don't even want Muschamp.

I applaud your commitment to snapping into a slim jim at the end of every post.

If he botches the hire of an "all time" DC that's almost a lock to put us into playoff contention year in and year out, could you blame them?

What's funny is if you read through all the responses the majority is overwelmingly in Tom Herman's favor. They don't even want Muschamp.

Which actually makes a lot of sense.

"Interviewed" can mean a lot of things. It could mean a phone conversation to gauge interest (from UH's side), get an idea of budgets for salaries (from CWM's side), etc. It could be a courtesy call to help give UH's search some street cred. It could be a Sexton ploy for a final negotiating nudge. Or it could be something serious. I would think that would take quite a bit of time to turn the program around to make them a successful defense minded team.

True and it would shock me if they went with Muschamp. It would be going in the completely opposite direction with the type of football team that they've been known to be.

There have been lots of things said here about what others supposedly said, which in fact was probably never said in the first place.

SIAP just heard on box muschamp interviewed at Houston.

Yeah, I posted a link, but someone slipadeedoohdahd it in before me. We're now discussing what it means to have interviewed (and I agree, it could mean a lot of things).

If he botches the hire of an "all time" DC that's almost a lock to put us into playoff contention year in and year out, could you blame them?

This is the same guy that had epic fails against UGA both years he was at Auburn.

From PM on 247 6 minutes ago: "Ronnie reported yesterday Houston was in the mix. We didn't have details of when he interviewed, but it was obvious he did. That changes nothing, one way or the other. "

Offensive heavy school going for a defensive guy who epically failed due to offense at another offensive heavy school that 5* talent practically walks onto the field, all while having to recruit against schools like UT, A&M, TCU, Baylor, and now Chad Morris at SMU?

Yeah, makes perfect sense if you want to rebuild your coaching image.

I applaud your commitment to snapping into a slim jim at the end of every post.

Same here. He must be going low carb.

This is the same guy that had epic fails against UGA both years he was at Auburn.

I take it you want to go in a different direction? :)

From PM on 247 6 minutes ago: "Ronnie reported yesterday Houston was in the mix. We didn't have details of when he interviewed, but it was obvious he did. That changes nothing, one way or the other. "

Okay, so we keep motoring on here.

I take it you want to go in a different direction? :)/>

Not necessarily. I'm just not convinced we're doomed if we do. Whomever we pick will disappoint from time to time.

Which means he could've interviewed like 3 days ago. Everyone's assuming this was recent

Archived