Defensive Coordinator Diiscussion

DyeHardAllTheWay

My dog has been acting weird today.....do you think he knows something?! Spit it out Charlie!!!!

As a pet psychologist, well no not really, but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express once, if he is chasing his tail in a clockwise rotation, it means WM is coming to good ol' AU; if, however, he is chasing his tail in a counter-clockwise rotation, it means your dog has worms!

He's just really being a little crybaby. What does that mean?! Don't tell me Ted Roof is coming back!

It means he's hungry, stop hitting refresh and get up and give the poor dog some vittles!

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My dog has been acting weird today.....do you think he knows something?! Spit it out Charlie!!!!

As a pet psychologist, well no not really, but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express once, if he is chasing his tail in a clockwise rotation, it means WM is coming to good ol' AU; if, however, he is chasing his tail in a counter-clockwise rotation, it means your dog has worms!

He's just really being a little crybaby. What does that mean?! Don't tell me Ted Roof is coming back!

It means he's hungry, stop hitting refresh and get up and give the poor dog some vittles!

But if he goes woof woof, that's a bad sign. It could mean roof roof.

He's eaten! I can't over feed him. He's already getting husky. Wait!!! Mangino is coming to Auburn isn't he!!!

Some of you know Jonesy from his insider days. FWIW he's done some digging and posted this.

I was told that Clark isn't an option. Apparently some of the support staff guys aren't big fans of his.

Well that's quite a twist on the situation... have they had interactions with him in the past at other schools or what?

The best way to say it is he was not warm with Tubs' staff when Clark was at Prattville. I'm sure that has lingered with some in the AD.

Well if that's the case then let him go on to UH and he can take over for Kirby after he leaves and spend his remaining coaching days with Saban and Daniel Tosh over there in Tuscaloosa.

The Daniel Tosh comparisons are the definition of low-hanging fruit. I love it.

Somebody has to reach the low hanging fruit for Saban.

Why? I though the low-hanging fruits were the only ones Saban could reach.

Well if that's the case then let him go on to UH and he can take over for Kirby after he leaves and spend his remaining coaching days with Saban and Daniel Tosh over there in Tuscaloosa.

I would not be surprised if he had no love for Bama now that their BOTs shut down his UAB program. He may have to go out of state now.

Perfect example of a bridge burned and needing a crossing point...

Some of you know Jonesy from his insider days. FWIW he's done some digging and posted this.

I was told that Clark isn't an option. Apparently some of the support staff guys aren't big fans of his.

Well that's quite a twist on the situation... have they had interactions with him in the past at other schools or what?

The best way to say it is he was not warm with Tubs' staff when Clark was at Prattville. I'm sure that has lingered with some in the AD.

Nope he can only reach the Debbie cakes on the ground

He is shorter than you think my friend, shorter than you think. :)

I would not be surprised if he had no love for Bama now that their BOTs shut down his UAB program. He may have to go out of state now.

Perfect example of a bridge burned and needing a crossing point...

All he was good for is sending his Pratville players over to Alabama like lambs to get slaughtered by Tubs.

I guess I might be the only one who thought that Gus had someone pretty much lined up to take the DC position since he fired Johnson so quickly after the Bama game. I wasn't expecting an announcement within 24 hours, but I certainly thought there would have been something by now. I hope this is not going to be like Chizik's search for an OC after Gus left, going on and on and ending up with that guy (sorry, cannot remember his name) who's now at Va Tech, and apparently not doing too good up there.

I guess I might be the only one who thought that Gus had someone pretty much lined up to take the DC position since he fired Johnson so quickly after the Bama game. I wasn't expecting an announcement within 24 hours, but I certainly thought there would have been something by now. I hope this is not going to be like Chizik's search for an OC after Gus left, going on and on and ending up with that guy (sorry, cannot remember his name) who's now at Va Tech, and apparently not doing too good up there.

Loefler. Scot Loefler.

I'll never forget that day. Ugh.

Loeffler....

I think JJ learned his lesson with that fiasco. Ever since that hire they have been doing things right in Auburn. I don't expect a Dud this time.

As I put in another thread, this is one of the biggest decisions HC's make and separates the good from the bad. So far, Malzahn has shown he can make good hires and cut folks loose when he needs to. I think he really wants Muschamp and will not offer the job to anyone else until he gets an answer. This hire is critically important.

I'm friends with a former UGA QB who is close to Ray Goff. He attributes Goff's fall to a bad DC hire. I'm sure there was more to it but staff hires make or break you.

Steve Spurrier. Evil Genius? :devil:

Is Head Ball Coach Steve Spurrier evil genius enough to sandbag the last half of his season and feign dementia by 1) allowing Jr. to call plays in the games leading up to Clemson, 2) intentionally losing to Clemson when he specifically said he, himself, did the play-calling, 3) destroy recruiting with the '2-3 yrs' gaffe and, 4) say he's not planning to change anything on his atrocious defense so that 1) the USCe fans will riot for CWM as DC, 2) CWM will have pity on him and accept an inferior offer from that inferior program to save the HBC's legacy, and 3) have CWM be accepted as HC later because he will subsequently be so beloved?

You bet he is! The only thing needed to complete his evil plan is for Auburn to 'move on' and pull the offer, so that Will can more easily convince the wife. Don't be a sucker, Will! Don't fall for it, Gus!

Of course, I may be wrong...

What is the general feeling here? The longer it takes does it bode well for AU that Muschamp is the new DC or does it mean the chances are slipping?

Loeffler announced and wind went out of our sails. Interesting that ATM hasn't announced a hire either. AU and ATM waiting on WM to announce; I'm wondering if Foster is 2nd choice for both since I believe he spoke with both. Gus td recruits they would be very happy with new DC. I can't believe it would be Clark as 2nd choice. Nothing personal but not even near the realm of a heavy hitter for the sec

What is the general feeling here? The longer it takes does it bode well for AU that Muschamp is the new DC or does it mean the chances are slipping?

Slipping. I think he gets announced today as DC, or Auburn moves on.

Archived