Streyeder Thinks OU is #1

Proud Tiger

I think AU's performance in their last two games sealed it for me. They knew they needed to dominate both games to have any hope of passing OU. OU did their part AU didnt. I think AU was having no trouble murdering people when they were coming from way back in the polls...but similar to last year, when they are in the spotlight...they dont do quite as well.

Thats not to say that I dont think AU deserves a shot at the title...I think they do. I think USC, OU, AU, and UTAH all deserve a shot. But in the crappy system we have now...you can only send 2.

133488[/snapback]

Your partially right. As horribly as bama sucked a$$ this year we shoulda beat em worse.

Everyhting else kinda shows either how petty you are or how unknowledgable or both. We played the toughest schedule and had one of the very best defenses, better than your boys, in the nation. OU gave up 30+ points twice while playing a weaker schedule. If you say their offense is better than ours then that would be very funny. I could go on and on, but why bother.

Like Mel Kyper said on mike and mike in the morning 90-95% of the pro scouts he talked to said that AU was the best of the big 3 undefeateds. He talked to a bunch of them who had seen all 3 teams. Now who should we listen to? 90-95% of the pro scouts or some doofus bammer with a grudge who has admitted on this board repeatedly that he hates AU :rolleyes::rolleyes::lol::lol: ?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

p.s. Yes it is ridiculous and annoying how pt goes to other boards to find stuff to stir sheet up with here.

I'll say one thing for streyeder, he hasn't hidden his feelings about AU while he is on this board. You could find worse things he has said here on this board. Why he comes here, I don't know. Having beaten bammer like a beeetch 3 in a row and 4 out of 5 makes hia and bg's presence tolerable :lol: .

If my argument is dumb...why did AU lose ground to OU after squeaking by bama?

Given the blatant and obvious corruption in the coaches poll to ANY objective observer, I find your claim to be lacking in insight and knowledge. But , then again, you knew the real answer before you ever posed the question.....

dumb07.jpg

BG - if you look at the last two AU and OU games and use that as a measuring stick - you have to take into account who they played.

Are you telling me that bama is an equal opponent to Baylor? Are you indicating that #15 UT is equal to a 5 loss Colorado? If you believe that Baylor is as good of a team as bama, then I understand why you think the way you do.

Personally, I think a decisive victory over bama (yes, I said decisive, you got a late TD, and we sat on the ball to run the clock out - we could have thrown on you at will through the 2nd half) is more impressive then a 35 point victory over Baylor. I think a decisive (yes decisive, we won by 10 but knelt on the ball inside the 5) over a Top 15 team is more impressive then a shutout of a horrible Colorado team.

But that's just me . .

typical selfish,jealous,childish bammerboobs all act the same...they are all out of the same mold that just spits em' out like watermelon seeds....little ugly,stupid,smelly ,useless little bammerboobs just running around on the floor like little nasty cockroaches.....i enjoy stepping on cockroaches and just smashing their stinking little guts out......maybe someday, i will get the pleasure of meeting our little forum cockroaches.....i would enjoy that

133497[/snapback]

Hey, tom......................ah, nevermind. It ain't worth the trouble.

I don't know who should be ranked No. 1, OU or AU. I know who shouldn't........USC. No doubt in my mind that Auburn and Oklahoma should be playing for all the marbles. The combined records of both teams' opponents is better than the combined records of USC's opponents.

USC got ripped last year by not getting to play LSU for the NC. Auburn got ripped this year by not getting to play OU for the title.

Of course, I'm just a stupid bammerboob, so my opinion ain't worth much.

Wow, go home for Christmas and look what happens...

So you have a problem that I have an opinion? I'm sorry that you are STILL unable to seperate education from football, but one has ABSOLUTLY NOTHING to do with the other. Just because I go to AU doesn't mean I have to cheer for their football team or vote them number one. I am entitled to my OWN opinion, not yours. If you thought I posted here because I agreed with all of you about everything then why would I be a Bama fan? Just because I post here doesn't mean I agree with everything ya'll say.

You must really think I'm an important person to call me out in a public forum like this. My opinion must mean a lot to you. Though that is flattering in and of itself, it by no means forces me to have to agree with you in any way.

Come on people...Auburn should know better than to schedule tough SEC games that late in the season. Eventhough Auburn won, it really doesn't mean much because teams like USC and OU are blowing out powerhouses like UCLA and Colorado. The BCS system worked perfectly this year, matching up THE #1 with THE #2....get a grip people. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Heck, I wonder if we would have played and beat Bowling Green, would we be playing for the National Championship. Cause apparently nobody could justilfy knocking USC or Oklahoma off their 1 & 2 pirch.

So you have a problem that I have an opinion? I'm sorry that you are STILL unable to seperate education from football, but one has ABSOLUTLY NOTHING to do with the other. Just because I go to AU doesn't mean I have to cheer for their football team or vote them number one. I am entitled to my OWN opinion, not yours. If you thought I posted here because I agreed with all of you about everything then why would I be a Bama fan? Just because I post here doesn't mean I agree with everything ya'll say.

You must really think I'm an important person to call me out in a public forum like this. My opinion must mean a lot to you. Though that is flattering in and of itself, it by no means forces me to have to agree with you in any way.

133541[/snapback]

Actually I have a problem with your opinion. Your a very loved member on this board, and you take ur sweet ass spare time to get everyone to vote for OU? I can see just posting it on a bama board, but to actually put an effort to get other people who arent even on that board to vote for OU? That just sucks.... Shame on you, your a damn student, at least have some s***ty respect for your own program that went undefeated in the SEC.

Its just that nature of it that bothers me, you have lost any respect I have ever had for you as a poster. You are entitled to your opinion, but going that far to spread it is just lame.

Go away

133541[/snapback]

Guy is right, I know a bunch of :ua: folks that went to :au: when it came to education... And that my friends says it all. :yes:

What a whiney baby tattle tail. Is that what you do now? Go around to all the bama boards and find posts by people who post over here...and when they arent kissing au's ass you come tell on them? Let it go dude.

He's not an AU fan. Believe it or not...there are AU fans who think OU is #1. I think OU is #1...does that make me a bad person? Have you lost respect for me too?

Why is it okay for AU fans to campaign to their friends on AU sites and others to go vote for AU on this thing...but anyone who does it for other schools in the poll lose your respect?

133484[/snapback]

BG......Yes I have lost a lot of respect for you after reading this post. You came on this board as a bama student and I gave you a hard time. But you took it in stride and I respected you comebacks. After you graduated, I even suggested changing your handle to BamaGrad03 rather than the BamaStudent you used for a long time. I don't run to "all" the bama boards. I only actively participate in CrimsonTusks (a great board by the way) because I was invited to do so by BamaBo. As you know I try to be very civil there. If I made some of the kind of posts you do here even on that board I would be run out of Dodge. Today I hit TideTalk by mistake and happened to notice Strey's post at the top of the list. I hdidn't post in response and haven't posted there in months. if it had been your post I would have just thought "just a jealous bammer" but Strey, to me is a different case, although I know he doesn't agree. If the whole situation was reversed, bama was 12-0 and I was a student at bama, I think I would put my bama rival feelings aside and wish them the best. I sure as hell wouldn't be campaigning against them. If nothing else I would have some pride in the SEC.

So yeah you just went from a 9 to a 1 0n a scale of 1-10 with me. And by the way "dude" don't tell me what to do on this board. :angry:

PT did the same thing to me on another board....the Tide Talk board I think....there was some random site with my name and a grand total of 1 post which said "Alabama sucks" or something like that....and he went running back to the site telling everyone I had said that....hell, I didnt even know that site existed.

133513[/snapback]

That's because you are sad little leg humper that sucks up on other schools boards then badmouths them on someone else's boards. Most people here don't see that but I see it on the bama board and the LSU board, The LSU guys have your number too. :moon:

What a whiney baby tattle tail. Is that what you do now? Go around to all the bama boards and find posts by people who post over here...and when they arent kissing au's ass you come tell on them? Let it go dude.

He's not an AU fan. Believe it or not...there are AU fans who think OU is #1. I think OU is #1...does that make me a bad person? Have you lost respect for me too?

Why is it okay for AU fans to campaign to their friends on AU sites and others to go vote for AU on this thing...but anyone who does it for other schools in the poll lose your respect?

133484[/snapback]

BG......Yes I have lost a lot of respect for you after reading this post. You came on this board as a bama student and I gave you a hard time. But you took it in stride and I respected you comebacks. After you graduated, I even suggested changing your handle to BamaGrad03 rather than the BamaStudent you used for a long time. I don't run to "all" the bama boards. I only actively participate in CrimsonTusks (a great board by the way) because I was invited to do so by BamaBo. As you know I try to be very civil there. If I made some of the kind of posts you do here even on that board I would be run out of Dodge. And I might add. I spend a hell of a lot less time on Crimsontusks than you do here.

Today I hit TideTalk by mistake and happened to notice Strey's post at the top of the list. I hdidn't post in response and haven't posted there in months. if it had been your post I would have just thought "just a jealous bammer" but Strey, to me is a different case, although I know he doesn't agree. If the whole situation was reversed, bama was 12-0 and I was a student at bama, I think I would put my bama rival feelings aside and wish them the best. I sure as hell wouldn't be campaigning against them. If nothing else I would have some pride in the SEC. I ccould maybe take it in stried if he was just voicing his opinion but to encourage othes to get the site posted at other schools and ask them to vote against Auburn is a little more than I can swallow. He sits there among Auburn students and stabs them in the back.

So yeah you just went from a 9 to a 1 0n a scale of 1-10 with me. And by the way "dude" don't tell me what to do on this board. :angry:

I value the opinions of BamaBo, Tidefan24 and CrimsonPirate so I wouldove for you guys to express an opinion here. If I am off base than I will gladly back off.

133565[/snapback]

The ONLY reason that BG and Strey say Ok is #1 is because they are Bama fans and they hate Auburn. There is no other reason. They come on here and post but when push comes to shove they are just like every other Alabama fan. They can't stand for Auburn to have any prosperity. At least have the nuts to admit that once and for all. I HATE everything about Alabama. If Bama was #3 right now, I would be glad that they were not in the Orange Bowl. I can admit that and don't care who knows it. Why anbody cares what they think is beyond me. Their opinion on our board does not matter. They are not one of us.

Well well...

If some Bama fan had created some poll about winning some "People's National Championship" yall would be ragging us about whining and stuff. Dont deny it you wouldnt be going for Alabama. If Alabama was in this same situation many of yall would not be pulling for Bama to be in the National Championship. Why would we want our in-state rival and recruiting rival to win the National Championship or play for it? That would lose many of our big recruits and other stuff. Rivals dont usually pull for each other in big games. Honestly I would like to see OU-AU but BCS and AP voters wouldnt screw USC over again and there is no denying it. The fact is people may think that Oklahoma is number one. So people vote for Oklahoma in that poll. Streyeder might feel he wants to post it on another site that he knows people feel that OU is #1. He has the right to do that. Good Day. :homer::ua:

That's because you are sad little leg humper that sucks up on other schools boards then badmouths them on someone else's boards. Most people here don't see that but I see it on the bama board and the LSU board, The LSU guys have your number too. :moon:

133566[/snapback]

Where have I sucked up? Is that you admitting that you love to run and tell on anyone not kissing your teams ass yet you spent weeks bitching and complaining about how LSU fans were taking your Oregon St. comments way out of context.

Give me a break.

You just want to start a fight with anyone who doesn't love Auburn, bottom line.

I spent all of last year bashing J.C. for Auburn and even went into Tubby some of last year yet have stuck around for when both have done well.

Even most of your fans see it, which I love.

we're 12-0 and some people are worried about what a bammer says on another board?

who gives a crap? some people put way too much importance on what a bammer thinks. no wonder they think they are God's gift to college football.

ya'll mean to tell me that this clown goes to AU and is doing his dead level best to get support to push AU down in the fanspoll?....you got to be kidding me?.....this SOB is actually a student at AU?....come on....this is a joke,right.....one of you other students just point him out to stanley mac or q. groves and explain what he is trying to pull.....even an ignorant bammerboob understands what a few knots on his head means......when i was a student, this guy would not have come out in the daylight and he would have been scared of the dark,too.....

The ONLY reason that BG and Strey say Ok is #1 is because they are Bama fans and they hate Auburn. There is no other reason. They come on here and post but when push comes to shove they are just like every other Alabama fan. They can't stand for Auburn to have any prosperity. At least have the nuts to admit that once and for all. I HATE everything about Alabama. If Bama was #3 right now, I would be glad that they were not in the Orange Bowl. I can admit that and don't care who knows it. Why anbody cares what they think is beyond me. Their opinion on our board does not matter. They are not one of us.

133575[/snapback]

I think you are sadly mistaken in your assesment of the Bama fans who post here. Ive made it clearly obvious that I am not an AU fan. But that, in no way, means that I have to blindly hate AU...and wish them ill will in their seasons. If youll notice, I am ALWAYS one of the first to start congratulations threads when AU wins a big game, represents the SEC well, or beats alabama. Actually, Ive done that 3 years in a row. I dont come over here and say the refs cheated us...or AU got lucky...or whatever. I am respectful to AU in my posts, but that doesnt mean I have to kiss their ass. I AM allowed to have a differring opinion without it automatically meaning im just a "bitter bammer". Even in this thread, when responding to why I thought OU deserved it over AU...i was respectful and very level in my delivery. It was merely my opinion. And the threads that followed flat out blasted me for opinions that were shared by many AU fans in the world.

Just because someone is a student at AU or even a fan of AU...it doesnt mean they have to agree that AU should be #1 by default. And if it were such a ludicrous stance for guys like me to take...why in the world is OU #2? Someone agrees with me...so its not off the wall.

Some of you guys feel that just because we are on an AU board, we have to love everything AU. That would be no fun. I have gone round and round with guys like WarTim, PT, Titan, Stat etc...but we all respect each other. They rarely agree with me, but it never gets out of hand. I have seen PT time and time again call other guys out when they post stuff on other boards. I called him out on it. No big deal. He'll be back razzing my ass about something else on CT or WEN here soon. Thats just part of it. If PT and I DIDNT have a good repor...and I didnt feel comfortable over here...i would have never said anything. PT, I didnt mean to offend you...I did mean to call you out though :)

I value the opinions of BamaBo, Tidefan24 and CrimsonPirate so I wouldove for you guys to express an opinion here. If I am off base than I will gladly back off.

133565[/snapback]

As Rodney King once said, "Can't we all just get along?" :big:

PT, I don't think BG has said anything on this board that would have got you ran off from CrimsonTusks if you said something comparable. Probably harrassed like hell, but not ran off. Which is pretty much what yall do to BG.

As far as Streyder's post on the other board goes, that's his opinion and I see nothing wrong with it. That doesn't mean I agree with him, just that he has the right to his own opinion. Now, if he were on this board saying AU should be #1 and then go over there and make that post it would be different. He kept his opinion the same on both, therefore I see no problem with it regardless of where he goes to school. Heck, if he wants to spend money paying for an education at Auburn and pull for someone else, that's his concern.

133575[/snapback]

So, Dothan, it's okay for you to hate Bama, but it's not okay for Bama fans to hate Auburn? Double standard?

I don't hate Auburn. I may admit to an intense dislike during foootball season. :big: In fact, I've pulled for the Tigers a bunch over the years. Heck, four of my high school friends played for AU back in the early 60's. Some of you old timers (if there are any here) may remember Bobby Hunt, Jimmy Jones, Mailon Kent, and David Hill. We also had Richard Wood playing QB for Auburn in the late 50's.

As I've stated earlier, I think OU and AU should be in the Orange Bowl. I don't know who's No. 1 or No. 2, but that ought to be the NC matchup.

Everybody calm down...LOL

Just wait until Alabama gets shafted by the system...if they ever get that good again, and lets see how bad they whine, because everybody knows ALABAMA fans are the king of whiners!!! and losers!!!!

Have a Merry Christmas!

I think AU's performance in their last two games sealed it for me. They knew they needed to dominate both games to have any hope of passing OU. OU did their part AU didnt. I think AU was having no trouble murdering people when they were coming from way back in the polls...but similar to last year, when they are in the spotlight...they dont do quite as well.

Thats not to say that I dont think AU deserves a shot at the title...I think they do. I think USC, OU, AU, and UTAH all deserve a shot. But in the crappy system we have now...you can only send 2.

133488[/snapback]

What a freaking bone headed, dumb, typical arguement!! Are you seriously saying that because Auburn had fairly "tough" games with UGA, UA and UT(which we won by 18, 8 and 10 respectively); and that OU blew away Baylor and Colorado; that Auburn blew it when "in the spotlight"!!! That arguement is Dumb!!! :poke:

If you are going to argue that OU deserves to be #1, that is fine. But to use the point that you did is just plain stupid!

133494[/snapback]

If my argument is dumb...why did AU lose ground to OU after squeaking by bama? Why did AU struggle until late in the game against a UT team that had to come from behind late against UK and Vandy? You HONESTLY think it would be fair to remove a team from its #2 perch (where it had been ALL season) because AU squeaked out a win against a TOTALLY banged up alabama team (with their 3rd string qb) and a sorry UT team and their 3rd string QB? If my argument is weak...that means you are telling me that if AU beats bama by 50 and UT by 50, AU still had no prayer...and i disagree.

And mdm, it bothers me because PT does it to me all the time. And just because this is an AU board...doesnt mean I am "less" of a member because Im not an AU fan.

tombigbee..what would you do if you met us?

133501[/snapback]

Your argument is not dumb if it just an explanation of the illogical fashion of how most voters typically vote. It is dumb if one thinks that in voting for number one you are attempting to pick the best team in the country. Fair to remove a team from its #2 perch? What it after watching them squeak by Texas A&M and Oklahoma State, it appears that they never deserved to be there in the first place? Actually, I do think Oklahoma deserves to be number 2. USC is the real pretender who has failed to sufficiently impress me. I think they're number 3. AU has had the most impressive season. If it were possible for voters to have gone into the season with no preconceptions and at the end of the season, review the entire performance of the top teams, USC would not be number one. Either AU or OK would be.

And BTW, if you thnk AU just squeaked by Bama, I don't know what you were watching. Bama was inspired in the first half and AU was flat. But on the first three possessions of the second half, AU was totally dominate. And after three quick touchdowns, CTT figured that was all they really were going to need against the Bama Offense, unless AU made mistakes, and decided to coast on out. Prevent D allowed Bama to move the ball, but not make a quick strike. A less cautious approach would have likely led to a thorough but whooping.

133565[/snapback]

As Rodney King once said, "Can't we all just get along?" :big:

PT, I don't think BG has said anything on this board that would have got you ran off from CrimsonTusks if you said something comparable. Probably harrassed like hell, but not ran off. Which is pretty much what yall do to BG.

As far as Streyder's post on the other board goes, that's his opinion and I see nothing wrong with it. That doesn't mean I agree with him, just that he has the right to his own opinion. Now, if he were on this board saying AU should be #1 and then go over there and make that post it would be different. He kept his opinion the same on both, therefore I see no problem with it regardless of where he goes to school. Heck, if he wants to spend money paying for an education at Auburn and pull for someone else, that's his concern.

Bo...thanks for responding. Like I said I will back off but I will note I didn't suggest kicking BG off this board. I'm just harrassing him like hell so I assume you think that's OK? :D

Re. Streyeder.....sure he has the right to post whatever he wants. But as long as he participates here, I think I have the right to share anything he says publicly on any internet board. If he's afraid to stand behind it, he should use PMs maybe. People frequently provide a link to what someone post on another board. I just noted what he said without providing a link because I didn't want to encourage a bunch of Auburn folks to get into it with him on the bama board.

133607[/snapback]

Archived