Streyeder Thinks OU is #1

Proud Tiger

Our board "friend" Streyeder has a post on his bama board asking his bama buds to go to the People's Choice poll and vote for OU. He is also encouraging them to send the link to others school's boards. Ordinarily that wouldn't bother me. I would just brush it off as the Auburn-bama thing. But when a bammer is going to school at Auburn and campaigns to get OU voted #1 n anybody's poll they lose my respect. Way to go Strey :angry:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a whiney baby tattle tail. Is that what you do now? Go around to all the bama boards and find posts by people who post over here...and when they arent kissing au's ass you come tell on them? Let it go dude.

He's not an AU fan. Believe it or not...there are AU fans who think OU is #1. I think OU is #1...does that make me a bad person? Have you lost respect for me too?

Why is it okay for AU fans to campaign to their friends on AU sites and others to go vote for AU on this thing...but anyone who does it for other schools in the poll lose your respect?

I think AU's performance in their last two games sealed it for me. They knew they needed to dominate both games to have any hope of passing OU. OU did their part AU didnt. I think AU was having no trouble murdering people when they were coming from way back in the polls...but similar to last year, when they are in the spotlight...they dont do quite as well.

Thats not to say that I dont think AU deserves a shot at the title...I think they do. I think USC, OU, AU, and UTAH all deserve a shot. But in the crappy system we have now...you can only send 2.

Why should the last 2 games make a difference? At least Auburn played quality opponents. AUT kept boasting their wonderful #1 defense and still claims it after their LOSS! And Tennessee had struggled, but was still a top 15 teams. Obviously OU was able to handle their though competition after dominating every single opponent throughout the year.

Its sad, no really just ignorant, when any SECCG victory is deemed not impressive because the margin of victory was not big enough.

How bad did Bama beat UF in 1992 and what did they have to do to win it in the end?

USC stuggling against UCLA didn't come into play much?

Tennessee was the #15 team in the country, so what if they were down to their 3rd string QB. We beat them by 10. We took a knee inside the 5.

Oklahoma played more close games than we did. Won by 7 against Oklahoma St and Texas A&M, only beat a poor Kansas State team by 10.

Tried to run of the score in the Nebraska with the first string and game didn't work. Scored in the final minute of the Kansas game with the first string .

La Tech beat a ranked Fresno State, who put a hurting on that same Kansas St team that Oklahoma stuggled with.

I think AU's performance in their last two games sealed it for me. They knew they needed to dominate both games to have any hope of passing OU. OU did their part AU didnt. I think AU was having no trouble murdering people when they were coming from way back in the polls...but similar to last year, when they are in the spotlight...they dont do quite as well.

Thats not to say that I dont think AU deserves a shot at the title...I think they do. I think USC, OU, AU, and UTAH all deserve a shot. But in the crappy system we have now...you can only send 2.

133488[/snapback]

What a freaking bone headed, dumb, typical arguement!! Are you seriously saying that because Auburn had fairly "tough" games with UGA, UA and UT(which we won by 18, 8 and 10 respectively); and that OU blew away Baylor and Colorado; that Auburn blew it when "in the spotlight"!!! That arguement is Dumb!!! :poke:

If you are going to argue that OU deserves to be #1, that is fine. But to use the point that you did is just plain stupid!

BG,

Why do you care so much? :blink:

I personally couldn't care less what streyder thinks. But if PT (an AU fan) wants to come on this board (an AU board) and post his displeasure with what he saw, so be it. Why is it a burr under your saddle? People go from board to board posting what they saw all the time. Why does this one give you such a rash that you lash out like this?

What a whiney baby tattle tail.

You sound defensive of your bammer sidekick. <_<

Sounds to me like someone needs their crimson diaper changed. :P

typical selfish,jealous,childish bammerboobs all act the same...they are all out of the same mold that just spits em' out like watermelon seeds....little ugly,stupid,smelly ,useless little bammerboobs just running around on the floor like little nasty cockroaches.....i enjoy stepping on cockroaches and just smashing their stinking little guts out......maybe someday, i will get the pleasure of meeting our little forum cockroaches.....i would enjoy that

Here's a stat that's hard to swallow........ BYU won the 84 national championship without beating a single ranked opponent

The year before, Auburn had the toughest scedule in the nation and was jumped by #5 Miami to #1.

133488[/snapback]

What a freaking bone headed, dumb, typical arguement!! Are you seriously saying that because Auburn had fairly "tough" games with UGA, UA and UT(which we won by 18, 8 and 10 respectively); and that OU blew away Baylor and Colorado; that Auburn blew it when "in the spotlight"!!! That arguement is Dumb!!! :poke:

If you are going to argue that OU deserves to be #1, that is fine. But to use the point that you did is just plain stupid!

133494[/snapback]

If my argument is dumb...why did AU lose ground to OU after squeaking by bama? Why did AU struggle until late in the game against a UT team that had to come from behind late against UK and Vandy? You HONESTLY think it would be fair to remove a team from its #2 perch (where it had been ALL season) because AU squeaked out a win against a TOTALLY banged up alabama team (with their 3rd string qb) and a sorry UT team and their 3rd string QB? If my argument is weak...that means you are telling me that if AU beats bama by 50 and UT by 50, AU still had no prayer...and i disagree.

And mdm, it bothers me because PT does it to me all the time. And just because this is an AU board...doesnt mean I am "less" of a member because Im not an AU fan.

tombigbee..what would you do if you met us?

BG, the quality of your posts is slipping. I used to look forward to your cool, reasoned comments, but now you have gotten into the mold of sniveling, snipping gutter stuff. It isn't very becoming. You are bigger than that.

You have probably seen this before, but it's worth repeating:

2004 AUBURN REVIEW

1. Regarding Auburn, SEC Champs:

Auburn lead the nation in scoring defense.

The SEC has 5 teams in the top 20 (AP/Coaches), more than the Big-12 and Pac-10 COMBINED.

The SEC has 4 teams in the final BCS top 15, the same as the Pac-10 and

Big-12 COMBINED.

There are more mid-majors in the top 20 than in the Big-12.

There are more mid-majors in the top 20 than in the Pac-10.

Auburn has won more games against 9-win teams than OU and USC

COMBINED.

For the record:

- AU beat UGA, LSU, and TN twice

- sou-cal beat VaTech and Cal

- okie beat Texas only

Auburn has won more games against 9-win teams than the ENTIRE Pac-10 conference.

Auburn has won more games against 9-win teams than the ENTIRE Big-12

conference.

Auburn has won as many games against 9-win teams as the Pac-10 and

Big-12 conferences COMBINED.

The Sugar Bowl pits the SEC Champ against the ACC Champ. There are 5

teams in the top 20 in the SEC, 4 in the top 20 in the ACC. That's 9 schools in the top 20 represented by their conference champions in the Sugar Bowl.

There are more top 20 teams in the ACC and SEC than the Pac-10, Big-12,

Big-10, and Big East COMBINED.

There are more top 20 teams in the ACC and SEC than the Pac-10, Big-12,

and every mid-major conference combined.

And, one interesting factoid...

Should Auburn, UT, UGA, and LSU win out, Auburn will have won 5 games

against teams with 10 wins. That would be the toughest schedule in the

history of college football.

(--Post on chat site by "Tiger Statistition")

2. Regarding Auburn QB Jason Campbell:

The Heisman finalists include three quarterbacks: Oklahoma's Jason White, who won it last year, USC's Matt Leinart and Utah's Alex Smith.

Campbell, the quarterback who didn't make the final cut, had more impressive numbers in the most important categories.

The Auburn senior was No.3 in the nation in passing efficiency. His rating of 172.7 put him just behind Smith and well ahead of White, who was sixth, and Leinart, who was ninth.

Yards per attempt is a key stat that measures just how efficiently a

quarterback moves his team. Campbell was second in the nation there, ahead of Smith, White and Leinart.

Completion percentage? Campbell finished fourth in the nation in that category, ahead of Leinart, Smith and White.

As good as Campbell's numbers are, the anecdotal evidence favors him, too. How many other quarterbacks led a last-minute touchdown drive to come from behind and beat the defending national champions?

How many other quarterbacks put together such gaudy numbers against a steady diet of the best defenses in the nation?

And how many other quarterbacks gained more total yards than anyone in the history of their conference title game? Campbell's 431 total yards broke the SEC Championship Game record set by Florida's Danny Wuerffel in 1996.

(Wuerffel won the Heisman that year.)

Combine what he did and who he did it against. Compare where he finished to where he started. Contrast his numbers with those of the other top players in the nation at his position.

Put it all together, and it was easy to fill out my Heisman ballot this way: 1. Jason Campbell; 2. Matt Leinart; 3. Adrian Peterson.

It just made sense to choose the players who had the best years from the teams who had the best seasons, the most valuable players from the most deserving teams.

It's unfortunate for Campbell that not enough people saw it that way. All he did was have a Heisman season without a Heisman invitation.

It's a shame the nation didn't recognize him.

--Kevin Scarbinsky

Birmingham News

Now, as far as Auburn's performance in their last two games, do you know that Auburn shut out the eventual MNC Bama for the entire first half in '92?

You have to either say that Bama is not very much of a team or that Auburn beat the Number 1 defense in the Nation quite comfortably--the last Bama score was meaningless. By the way, Bama was not the best defensive team on the field in that game.

While I agree that beating Bama is not that big a deal these days, any team winning the SECCG by any margin should be impressive. It always has been and always will be an impressive championship.

Campbell wasn't invited because our coach had class.

Oklahoma and USC both were running up scores late in games this season. Jason was pulled early from La Monroe, Miss. St., Citadel, Tennessee, Arkansas, Kentucky,

Georgia scored with under 2 minutes to go, Miss St scored during mop up work in the 4th quarter.

And mdm, it bothers me because PT does it to me all the time. And just because this is an AU board...doesnt mean I am "less" of a member because Im not an AU fan.

133501[/snapback]

I have never once said or implied that you are any less of a "member" of this board. In fact, for the most part you add a great deal to this board. If you felt that I in any way implied in the above post that you were somehow less of a member, you have security issues or you need to re-read what I posted.

Bama, OSU, BYU...all MNC situations where there werent 3 undefeated teams at 1,2,3.

Im terribly sorry that you guys disagree with me. Its not the first time and wont be the last. But if you can look me in the eye and say you dont think UT is a sorry football team right now...or that OU couldnt beat bama by 20 points...youd be kidding yourself.

Look, the system sucks. AU got jobbed this year no doubt. So did UTAH. But to be honest, its like the NCAA Bball tourney. What have you done for me lately? And lately, I think OU is playing better football than AU...just my opinion. You guys act like that is the most ludicrous statement on the planet. But apparently others agree with me...or AU would be playing USC, not VT.

tex, please please dont think thats what i mean in regards to the SECCG. Just because the BCS sucks...it has no bearing on your SEC Title. 20 years from now, the margin of victory in that game wont matter. It will just say 2004 champ - AU.

mdm, to suggest that because PT is an AU fan on an AU BOARD...if he wants to whine about what other bama fans are saying...its okay...but if i say something about him "telling" on everyone...IM the one who is whining...says it all for me. Im a bama fan, so I need to just shutup and be happy that yall even let me post here...i get it.

I personally feel it became a popularity contest, plus Auburn's prestige is currently not on the level as the other2. Yeah, maybe a little frustration in this. Plus I'd like to know if the AP voters are equally represented by region.

Preseason polls need to be stopped not because we were left out, but because look at Missouri, Kansas St, Nebraska, they all started in the preseason top 25. Look at Auburn, fell apart last year, this year started 19 and ended up 3.

Clemson started out in the top 15, but barely was bowl eligible.

And finally, we can't forget about Alabama started the year at #3 in 2000, only to lose to Central Florida, and seven others

mdm, to suggest that because PT is an AU fan on an AU BOARD...if he wants to whine about what other bama fans are saying...its okay...but if i say something about him "telling" on everyone...IM the one who is whining...says it all for me. Im a bama fan, so I need to just shutup and be happy that yall even let me post here...i get it.

133510[/snapback]

I've called you out on this before - and I'll do it again. Stop twisting people's words around to help your cause. It has become a solid part of your MO in an arguement. You act like a politician.

I never said you were whining first of all. (Guess you read someone else’s post and got them confused so I will give you the benefit of the doubt there. :rolleyes: )

I never said you need to "shut up." Again, it may be security issues. Check your local shrink for help.

I simply questioned your venom and childish name calling because an Auburn fan on an Auburn board reported what he saw on another board. You sure seemed to get your shorts in a big freakin' bunch with all the name calling there ("whiney", "tattle tail"). Just seemed odd to me.

Let's be clear here before you again give me undue credit. I didn't have a problem with you "disagreeing" with PT, I questioned the lashing out that you chose.

PT did the same thing to me on another board....the Tide Talk board I think....there was some random site with my name and a grand total of 1 post which said "Alabama sucks" or something like that....and he went running back to the site telling everyone I had said that....hell, I didnt even know that site existed.

I agree with MDM though that this is his board and such but I wonder why he got so upset with LSU fans whenever they posted his comments about LSU on the Oregon State boards.....then does it to others.

Archived