Mother Jones -eating 3 meals a day is racist

TheBlueVue

Name for us one Right winger who isn't constantly promoting right wing or conservative views.

I can't.

Exactly. Which is why ichy isn't one.

but but but their bond is one that results from their mutual "intellectual honesty" :nopityA:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know of anything I agree with homer on. He's a full blown leftie and I'm a full blown rightie. I do know where he stands and he's honest about it. I can respect that about an individual whether I agree with him or not. Itchy is anything but honest. He constantly wails and moans about partisanship and complains about rhetoric. He claims to be conservative but he always reserves his wrath for conservatives. His idea of conservative is the John Boehner and Mitch McConnell brand, the ones that always cave in to the democrats. That ain't conservative.

"His idea of conservative is the John Boehner and Mitch McConnell brand, the ones that always cave in to the democrats. That ain't conservative."

No it isn't but, I'd add to that, his whole game is evidently skewed toward the perfectibility of society and if anything is not perfect it is deeply flawed. No s***, huh? I get the idea he doesn't even think in terms of conservative of democrat, but rather we should all just be perfect human beings. He invariably espouses the most naive points of view and in his world, it appears that, any form of dissent is simply "destructive rhetoric". However, during the previous administration, I seem to recall hearing that "dissent was the highest form of patriotism" over and over ad nauseum. itchy is either the biggest phony in the forum or the most naive person I have ever encountered.

Name for us one Right winger who isn't constantly promoting right wing or conservative views.

I can't.

So, if you are not a fanatic about it, you can't be a conservative? :dunno:

Gee, no wonder the GOP is having problem with such a small "tent".

But I do appreciate your candor.

I can't.

but but but their bond is one that results from their mutual "intellectual honesty" :nopityA:

FYI, ICHY is not the only conservative I respect on this forum. There are several others whom I respect for the same reason, their intellectual honesty. But maybe I should change that to intellectual integrety, since I am sure the lack of same you exhibit is "honest" enough.

You undoubtedly take comfort in thinking you are part of the "greater conservative community" while these others are outliers.

The teaparty feels the same way. Fortunately you are both wrong. You are destined to be a perpetual minority in the greator community of more reasonable, conservatives.

You are destined to remain the tail trying to wag the dog.

I am flattered by all of the attention.

barry sux. libtards are dumb.

May I be in your club now? That is the only requirement, correct? I have to think exactly as you do? Do we ever get to talk about policy and issues?

This line of thinking is something I do not wish to be a part of. It is shallow. It is hollow. It is dogmatically ideological. It lacks respect for real democracy. It has lost sight of the fact that in a democracy, politics is often the art of negotiation and compromise.

The Republican Party has been hijacked by "the conservative movement". The very father of that movement warned it's membership that they were headed down the road of extremism before his death. In the immortal words of USN, "I want my party back".

Newsflash: I do not wish to be associated with any of you so called "real conservatives" any more than you wish to be associated with me. Lob all of the petty, pointless insults you care to lob. Divert all of your attention to discussing and criticizing my politics, personal traits. It furthers the concept that, you have no substance and you lack the intellect, or will,,,, or both, to open your minds and participate in this forum and future of this country.

It is time for the "conservatives" to wake up and realize that democracy is something you have to participate in, not dominate. It is time for the "conservatives" to grow up and realize that you need more than criticism. You need ideas and policies, grounded NOT in ideology but rather, in reality, the reality that neither liberal, nor conservative ideology is perfectly good or perfectly bad.

Thank you again for pointing out my refusal to participate in the ideological idiocy and, the accompanying irrational arrogance, closed mindedness, and childishness, requisite for participation.

I truly thank you all!

At least homie is honest about his beliefs. I'll give him credit for that. He's an unabashed leftie. Itchy is.. well I don't know what Itchy is to tell you the truth. He's certainly not honest about things to be sure.

You tend to label people and, attempt to put them into the appropriate box, based on your own interpretation of the contrived, popular narratives. Rhetoric allows for that. Reality does not.

Agreed most people don't fall into strictly right/left.

Here's a sampling of my beliefs go ahead and try to box me in

I am pro:

Gun

Choice

Balanced budget

Small government

Homosexual marriage

Science

I'm against:

Nation building

Drug War

Corporate welfare

You sound like a dirty rotten librul to me.

Add Classic in front of that and we may be on to something ;)

I can't.

but but but their bond is one that results from their mutual "intellectual honesty" :nopityA:/>

....or when they e-mail the marching orders for the day.

WHY!?!?!?

Why is there so much arguing in here over this crap? Yes, I said it! CRAP!

In 50-70 years this nation will transform into something very different than what we see today. Even then, racism will continue to exist. It always has! Always. The hope is that we can grow more and more beyond it. Unfortunately people will continue to profit from it so don't expect much in the way of "progress" anytime soon. Generations to go.....but we're closer to it than we were.

WHY!?!?!?

In 50-70 years this nation will transform into something very different than what we see today. Even then, racism will continue to exist. It always has! Always. The hope is that we can grow more and more beyond it. Unfortunately people will continue to profit from it so don't expect much in the way of "progress" anytime soon. Generations to go.....but we're closer to it than we were.

I think you missed the point. There was never a serious intent to further the idea that our eating habits are racist. You're right though. The whole thread is crap and, was from the beginning.

WHY!?!?!?

I think you missed the point. There was never a serious intent to further the idea that our eating habits are racist. You're right though. The whole thread is crap and, was from the beginning.

I didn't miss the point....I was making a statement in general and following it up with a bit of a rant. :)

Archived