Fighting Soldiers DVD

AuNuma1

Did anyone ever find this DVD at Movie Gallery or wherever? My wife said she had a really hard time trying to find it for me for Christmas. If you haven't seen it yet, it's well worth the $20. Mike Hubbard is the narrator and they break down all of the games. It even has an updated "Stadium Intro" video with SEC championship clips and a photo gallery.

Here's the updated intro video at AuburnTigers.com

Anyone have trouble with their "Fighting Soldiers" DVD?

I had problems with three of four that I got. My dad's was the only one to work. J&M and Anders said they got a bunch of calls on this. Said Movie Gallery actually produced them and that the problem was with them.

J&M and Anders have been great as far as returning and such. Just wanted to see if any of you ran into problems.

I got a copy from work. I watched it and it was AUSOME. The guy that brought them to us and the players said that a lot of them are messing up and not working. He told us he would replace them so I figure you can take them back maybe. I'm in the video a few times.. YESSSSSSSSS!!!!

WAR EAGLE GUYS

I'm in Gulf Shores staying the night and im off to New Orleans in the morning.

I'm in Gulf Shores staying the night and im off to New Orleans in the morning.

133950[/snapback]

How are things in Gulf Shores? Anywhere near back to normal except for what was destroyed?

Mine seemed to work fine...what kind of problems are you talking about?

133947[/snapback]

Two stopped and went back to the Main Menu after a few games. One didn't make it past La Monroe before it did the same thing.

Both J&M and Anders stated they had heard of similar problems from several people.

Best Video EVER!!

I was shocked when I saw the physical DVD, because it is made on a DVD-R.

A DVD-R!!!!!

My guess is THATs why your having a problem. Some DVD players don't play DVD-Rs that well. Outdated technology and such. We stayed with my in-laws over Christmas and it worked fine, but I am now nervous that it wont work in MY DVD player.

Rainman, how do you know it was a DVD-R?  Was the recorded surface blue or something?

I don't think mine is a DVD-R.

134012[/snapback]

Mine had DVD-R written on the inside circle (the clear section). I think it said "Verbatim DVD-R," but I don't remember the specific company.

If your center circle was painted over, it might've been covered. I'm not so sure that mine was the only DVD-R made, though. I'd compare the underside's color with that of your other DVDs and check.

I was sadly disappointed that it was a DVD-R, but mine worked fine the first time (in an APEX DVD player).

:angry: I just figured out the problem. My 2 year old DVD/VCR doesn't play DVD-R. BUT... The new one I got for Christmas for the bedroom does! :big:

I CAN WATCH IT NOW!

You would think that they would make the DVD with a little more technology these days. A crappy dvd, crappy menus, and no chapters. Of course, what's on the DVD is the most awesome thing I've ever seen, but come on. Each game should be a chapter, like a real DVD made by a producing company would be done, not a movie store.

Oh,well i hope i don't wear mine out too quick.

WAR EAGLE

I had problems with my DVD as well. So did a friend of mine. I gave my DVD to a friend that is a computer jock and has a DVD burner to see if he could do something with it. He took a look at it and said it was DVD-R and some kid must have burned it on his home computer...

I did get to watch it once and it was great. I went to watch it again and could not get it to spin up.

It is a DVD-R and will not play on all machines. Mine would not play on my 5 year old Toshiba but plays fine on my newer versions and my computer. It does not have all of the Hollywood copy protections that your movies have. I suspect that since is a limited release production that this was the quickest way to get it out and keep the price reasonable.

My Mother had a difficult time finding one in Huntsville for Christmas too. J&M wanted her to pay well over $30 by the time they shipped it. She called every Movie Gallery in Huntsville; I got the last one in the city apparently.

I have to say I was rather disappointed with it being on a DVD-R too. I haven't had any problems out of mine.

Archived