Baseball vs Ole Miss Game 3

Rocky McCord gets the luxury of pitching with a 10 run lead. Time to put it on cruise control and fill up the zone with fastballs.

He has pitched well to this point, giving up 4 hits.

And then just like that he puts two on with one out in the sixth.

Nulph goes to his right into shallow left field and makes a great play getting the force at third.

McCord follows that with a strike out to end the threat. Wow this team is getting better.

Melvin freakin' Gray!

Double with the bases loaded to drive in three more. He's 3 for 5 with 4 RBI in the final game.

Nobody getting cheated in orange and blue in this one.

Yarbrough takes over for Milliman with one out in the eighth.

Gives up a base knock and then induces the ground ball double play.

All smiles in the afternoon game at Plainsman Park in the home dugout.

There have been some questions as to whether Thompson left the first game because of injury. That would put a damper on a laugher otherwise.

14-0 Auburn, final.

Fourteen runs on nineteen hits and no errors.

Pitching was outstanding (FINALLY) in game three. No runs on six hits surrendered.

Camp looked well rested and ready to go. Four batters faced, three strikeouts. As Charlie Daniels would say "that's how ya' do it, son".

Was there a big crowd there?

Looked like a modest crowd but the entertainment this weekend was split 3 ways with A Day and the softball series with bama....and the OM series.

Seems there was not much effort the spread out the starting times to help attendance at the baseball and softball games... .which made it appear and sound as if bama had more supporters at the softball game than did Auburn.

One of the ESPNU announcers did note that the bama softball fans travel quite well and usually make all of their road games sound like a bama home game. Hope our fans don't let that happen again.

Looked like a modest crowd but the entertainment this weekend was split 3 ways with A Day and the softball series with bama....and the OM series.

Seems there was not much effort the spread out the starting times to help attendance at the baseball and softball games... .which made it appear and sound as if bama had more supporters at the softball game than did Auburn.

One of the ESPNU announcers did note that the bama softball fans travel quite well and usually make all of their road games sound like a bama home game. Hope our fans don't let that happen again.

There wasn't a whole lot they could do as far as the times go. Once the sunday games were moved to double headers on saturday you just have to get the games in. It makes for a long day but the last thing you can worry about is staggering start times and such. The softball game didn't end till after 9. It was a 4 hour game. It was an unfortunate circumstances with having to move todays game but it happens. There's really no way around it at that point. Originally the start times I think were 1 for A-DAY 3 for Baseball and 5 for softball. A-day and the softball game started at those times. I'm not sure what time the 2nd baseball game started since I didn't watch it.

There wasn't a whole lot they could do as far as the times go. Once the sunday games were moved to double headers on saturday you just have to get the games in. It makes for a long day but the last thing you can worry about is staggering start times and such. The softball game didn't end till after 9. It was a 4 hour game. It was an unfortunate circumstances with having to move todays game but it happens. There's really no way around it at that point. Originally the start times I think were 1 for A-DAY 3 for Baseball and 5 for softball. A-day and the softball game started at those times. I'm not sure what time the 2nd baseball game started since I didn't watch it.

Understand why the times were moved.....some were weather related but even prior to that, several events were starting about the same time.....and on other weekends, it seems that the start times are not staggered...perhaps TV determines the times but several times it seems that baseball and softball had the same start times.

Next weekend the baseball and softball games are set for the same starting times ...both series are on the AU campus. Perhaps in years past when softball was not very big, it did not figure into the planning....now that Clint is here ......would be worthwhile to coordinate better.....JMO

Understand why the times were moved.....some were weather related but even prior to that, several events were starting about the same time.....and on other weekends, it seems that the start times are not staggered...perhaps TV determines the times but several times it seems that baseball and softball had the same start times.

Next weekend the baseball and softball games are set for the same starting times ...both series are on the AU campus. Perhaps in years past when softball was not very big, it did not figure into the planning....now that Clint is here ......would be worthwhile to coordinate better.....JMO

Yeah. I've noticed in previous weeks the start times for baseball and softball have been identical. Might be a bit more difficult on friday night but on saturday they should be able to stagger the start times a bit better so they don't have top events competing for the fans attendance. The extra TV coverage does hinder that a little, though.

No A Day, no worries. A Day, combined with the events around campus and the concert downtown really spread everyone out.

Archived