Kenny Iron bio

TigerDevil

HIGH SCHOOL -- Prep Star All-American ... Rated No. 14 best RB prospect in nation according to Prep Star ... Rated in The Sporting News Top 25 ... Named to Atlanta Journal-Constitiution Super 11 ... Gwinnett County Back of the Year ... Atlanta Touchdown Club Back of the Week ... 2001 Georgia/Florida High School All-Star Football Game participant ... Rushed for 1,985 yards ... Chose South Carolina over Michigan, Auburn, Clemson and Georgia ... Played for coach Kevin Maloof at Dacula High School.

Since he transferred in, I went and did a little hunting for info from when he was in HS. Here is Kenny Irons HS bio, I think this kid will be pretty good for us next year. Auburn did recruit him also, he just went USC first.

You were wrong...I dont know his forty...but for size I looked at the auburn athletic site...:

26 Kenny Irons RB 5-11 193 Jr. Dacula, GA

he is not 6'4, and he is not 240....

Auburn did recruit him also, he just went USC first.

His dad told me that Tuberville warned Kenny of the log jam of RB's at USC if he elected to sign with the Gamecocks. It was interesting that everything CTT warned Kenny about eventually happened and he regretted not signing with Auburn from the start. Holtz played major mind games with Kenny, resulting in a massive weight loss.

Kenny is such a super nice young man and he's thrilled to be an Auburn Tiger.

Boy, some legs and chains got pulled really hard, didn't they???!!! :lol::lol::lol:

if its me....then I really am out of it today :( Sorryyyyyyyyyy

Like proudtiger says...ive been studying again! lol

(pretty bad aint it, schools out!)

But at least I answered someones question about his stats.

I saw damn near every touch Kenny ever had at USC and I was impressed. The kid runs HARD. He and Lou didn't get along, so that was that. USC's loss - big time.

The only downside to this kid is that he's only got one year to play. I'm sure he'll make it a good one. I predict the Irons boys are gonna be REAL popular on the Plains next year. :au:

The only downside to this kid is that he's only got one year to play. I'm sure he'll make it a good one. I predict the Irons boys are gonna be REAL popular on the Plains next year. :au:

134301[/snapback]

Kenny will be a junior in 2005.

134301[/snapback]

Kenny will be a junior in 2005.

134312[/snapback]

Stat, you are above reproach in my book, but I could have sworn he would only have one year left. Are you sure about that?

Acording to the Rivals link...he was in the Class of 2002.

The NCAA rule states that you have 5 years to compete 4 seasons. (unless you get an NCAA hardship ruling)

If he graduated in the Spring of 2002, then he would have these seasons to compete...

Fall 2002 Competed for SC

Fall 2003 Competed for SC

Fall 2004 Sat out bc of transfer

Fall 2005 will play for Auburn

Fall 2006 will play for Auburn

So I think Stat is correct in that we will get to see Kenny play for 2 years :cheer:

Archived