CBP pulls name from LSU Search

DKW 86

No to LSU!

Louisville coach Bobby Petrino has withdrawn his name from consideration in the LSU search, ESPN.com's Pat Forde has learned. Petrino said that Louisville is the right job for him and that he wants to stay put.

Before Friday's game against Boise State, Petrino told ESPN that he had talked to LSU about its opening but that he had not received an offer.

Where will LSU turn next? Well, Oklahoma State coach Les Miles has emerged as the favorite to get the job.

The 51-year-old, fourth-year coach is reminiscent of Saban five years ago, when LSU plucked Saban from Michigan State. Miles has done great things with the Cowboys, but his team will always be No. 2 in the state. Miles, who signed a seven-year, $10 million contract extension last year, said Sunday, "I'm focused only on preparing for Ohio State in this [Alamo] bowl game."

No to LSU!
Louisville coach Bobby Petrino has withdrawn his name from consideration in the LSU search, ESPN.com's Pat Forde has learned. Petrino said that Louisville is the right job for him and that he wants to stay put.

Before Friday's game against Boise State, Petrino told ESPN that he had talked to LSU about its opening but that he had not received an offer.

Where will LSU turn next? Well, Oklahoma State coach Les Miles has emerged as the favorite to get the job.

The 51-year-old, fourth-year coach is reminiscent of Saban five years ago, when LSU plucked Saban from Michigan State. Miles has done great things with the Cowboys, but his team will always be No. 2 in the state. Miles, who signed a seven-year, $10 million contract extension last year, said Sunday, "I'm focused only on preparing for Ohio State in this [Alamo] bowl game."

135054[/snapback]

Do you know anything else about this guy, e.g. coaching history, etc.?

I guess the negative publicity finally got to Petrino. He has lots of talent coming back next year, and if he finishes in the Top 10 and takes them to a BCS Bowl as winner of the Big East, he will be fielding numerous offers again. Uh-oh, what if Shula goes 5-6 next year???!!!

I can't believe they are seriously considering miles. He gets some big wins and plenty of big losses. Both times he beat ou they still couldn't win the division. He's a good coach, but not a real good one.

I guess the negative publicity finally got to Petrino.

No kidding...how many layers of egg could possibly on that man's face??

Also, as I watched the LSU/Iowa game, it may have been during halftime but I heard Trev Alberts mention that Petrino would be better off at Louisville than at LSU as far as his BCS chances go (because UL will be in the Big East now)...I cracked up! LSU < Louisville :lol::lol:

Archived