Stupid Tatertot comments during game

TigerDad

As soon as I found out he was announcing the game, I decided to listen to ESPN radio...good decision on my part. I heard nothing the Tot had to say.

I thought he was most gracious and complimentry of AU. Was not looking foward to his call the game, but thought he actually did a good job.

I thought he was most gracious and complimentry of AU.  Was not looking foward to his call the game, but thought he actually did a good job.

135880[/snapback]

I was a little surprised by his benevolence toward Auburn too. He must be trying to pull a "Richard Nixon"--hoping to reform his image as a "good guy" after the fact.

he is an egotistical little misfit....he has got so fat that he loks like one of those weeble figures......remember them?...."weebles wobble but they don't fall down"......he is a unsightly zit that needs popped

I thought he went out of his way to be objective and complimentary toward Auburn. He didn't bother me at all. Maybe he's trying to mend some fences and keep his legacy from being completely bad.

I thought he went out of his way to be objective and complimentary toward Auburn.  He didn't bother me at all.  Maybe he's trying to mend some fences and keep his legacy from being completely bad.

135934[/snapback]

Add my name to the "super surprised" list. I thought TaterTot did nothing but handle himself with class, and defend :au: to the bitter end. I applaud him for his professionalism.

I thought Terry did a good job and was very perfessional...Hell I would have found it hard to talk good about a program that got rid of me and replaced me with Tubbs... But he did and defended auburn with Honor...JMHO

I think Bowden accidentally said "a fart " rather than apart.[/qoute]

I'm glad someone picked up on that.....I almost wasted a Good...I mean...Great Beer on that one (Bud Light).....Spewing it all over my friends living room....Tater, gave me a Freakin' Headache.....He spoke like someone was playing a joke on him with the audio feed fast forwarding it every time he spoke....thatjasoncampbellisagreatfootballplayer,carnellwilliamsoneofthebestrunningbackseverinthisdecade,thisisfourdownterritory..... Is it just me, or did the camera add 200 pounds to Tater? I know they say that the camera adds 10 pounds....how many was pointed at 'em...LOL.

I watched the game last night! Tatortot looked like he'd just gotten off the couch and got ready to cal the game! I think he stopped talking sometimes because he was running out of breath from talking so much!

I'm sorry but Tatortot was horrible at calling the game! Everyone else sounded like they were whispering compared to Tatortot talking! :lol:

Guest Tigrinum Major
I watched the game last night! Tatortot looked like he'd just gotten off the couch and got ready to cal the game! I think he stopped talking sometimes because he was running out of breath from talking so much!

I'm sorry but Tatortot was horrible at calling the game! Everyone else sounded like they were whispering compared to Tatortot talking! :lol:

135963[/snapback]

Bowden was his usual, over-hyper self. I was afraid he was going to fall down and roll out of the broadcast booth at any time. Even my wife said that he looked horrible.

My eleven year old son watched the whole game with me last night (first time his short attention span has allowed that to happen) and he asked who the Tot was. I started to explain the whole thing, but decided to just say that he was a former Auburn coach. No need to poison my son against history.

Tot was his usual self but he was a great counter to Tim Brandt's constant butt kissing of Tech. It almost sounded like they had those two doing point-counter point.

Guys, be thankful though. It could have been....BILL CURRY.

135963[/snapback]

Bowden was his usual, over-hyper self. I was afraid he was going to fall down and roll out of the broadcast booth at any time. Even my wife said that he looked horrible.

My eleven year old son watched the whole game with me last night (first time his short attention span has allowed that to happen) and he asked who the Tot was. I started to explain the whole thing, but decided to just say that he was a former Auburn coach. No need to poison my son against history.

135964[/snapback]

Terry's new name should be: "No Neck."

He's got so pudgy, his chins and jowels cover up his neck.

was just me or did anyone else think terry bowden resemble the gal who played "me me" on the drew carey show? joking aside, terry needs to drop a few pounds. he is a walking stroke, heart attack etc...

imo, announcing in professional or college ranks have deterioted over the last decade.

Ok let me throw in the VT perspective from what I heard from Bowden.

#1 Slow down and BREATH for goodness sakes. He talked so fast like he was afraid he would lose his thought before it seeped out of his brain.

#2 You're in a booth with a mic 2 inches from your mouth. You do not have to scream into the mic. Talk in a conversational tone.

#3 I don't know all the ins and outs of why and how Bowden left Auburn but I thought he was very complimentary to the Auburn roster. Not that they didn't deserve it but at times it seemed like he was going out of his way to talk very highly of the Tigers.

#3 I don't know all the ins and outs of why and how Bowden left Auburn but I thought he was very complimentary to the Auburn roster.  Not that they didn't deserve it but at times it seemed like he was going out of his way to talk very highly of the Tigers.

135992[/snapback]

Believe me, the ins and outs of Terry leaving Auburn aren't pretty.

That's why we ALL were surprised that he was willing to go to those lengths to praise us.

Bowden obviously has a blood pressure problem.

And what about his smile or lack there of. It looks so fake.

He would talk so fast, he wouldn't finish the word before trying to say the next. I guess that's where the fart talk occurred.

I thought he was trying to eat the mic.

Bowden , the motha of sputta

My origional comments were not specifically if Mr Bowden (I hate that any one who has ever coached is always called coach for the rest of their life) was favorable to AU or VT, but rather to see if I was the only one who noticed how many totally weird and strange commments this college football expert made during the game. His role was expert commentary--of that I saw very little. I think his only role was to potentially increase ratings. (EX-Coach returns etc.) I wish college football commentary would go back to having commentary by knowledagable experts who give unbiased opinion during the game.Maybe I'm just dreaming because all the current ones seen to do is hype ratings of their football shows.

War Eagle :au:

i was hoping he would get around to talking about coaches walking out on their team the friday night before a homecoming game.

135929[/snapback]

You hit it on the head as far as I'm concerned. Doughboy can say nice things all day about Auburn but I will never forgive him for quitting on his players.

And then there were times where he got the names totally wrong. I don't mean mispronunciations. Like calling out Carlos Rogers on the missed tackle on VT's first TD. I don't think Carlos was even in the frame. There were two missed tackles on that play IIRC, and neither was Carlos. One was probably Will Herring.

There was another play on a VT punt return or kick return when he said it was Junior Rosegreen that made the tackle, and that time it was Carlos. Or I have it backwards. Either way, he mixed that one up too.

Otherwise, he was pretty gracious to :au: in general. The other guy was more than gracious to VT. I guess that whole Baghdad fan club thing was ok. Never mind the AU fans that are over there. Also agree, he talked way too fast and gained too much weight.

I think they picked Bowden/brant for that reason. Brandt lives in the DC Metro area, does ACC games and Bowden has the SEC tie from coaching Auburn.

As far as Bowden adding inside knowledge or telling me something new and exciting. Nope. Didn't do it.

As far as college color commentators, I really like Griese and danielson. Not big rah rah guys but they have a better grasp on the little aspects of the game.

Archived