2016 QB Kaleb Barker

LKEEL75

This kid plays for the Priceville Bulldogs. He has been mentioned several times for AL Mr. Football and we all know how Gus likes his Mr. Football.

• 6'2"
  • 200 lbs
  • 4.5 40
  • > 2000 yards passing w/ 4 interceptions
  • > 1000 yards rushing
  • accounted for 39 touchdowns already this year.
  • Is second or third on team in tackles at Safety

He is supposed to be in AU for the Ole Miss game. I really hope they give him a look and consider him. He has really brought some life to the Priceville football program. Take a look at his HUDL highlights.

I believe he is a future star . he has a great work ethic, sharp mind and an article today says he is being evaluated by Bama. He really deserves a look at by AU, (if not already happening). I think we could always use atletes like him even if he does not end up at QB

Put up big numbers as a So., then tore his ACL before Jr. season. Has done a ton to get back better than before. Has a tremendous work ethic.

I can tell you this, he really wants an offer from AU.

Saw this today:

Bama evaluating in-state sleeper Kaleb Barker

Alabama has of course done well with in-state recruits in the 2016 cycle, but it doesn’t mean Nick Saban and company are finished evaluating local seniors. Priceville’s Kaleb Barker could be one to watch following his first Tuscaloosa trip.

If you’re a football fan in the state of Alabama, you’ve heard of Priceville (Ala.) standout Kaleb Barker by now.

The class of 2016 prospect, who plays quarterback and defensive back at the prep level, overcame an ACL tear last season in a big way to the point he is threatening to break the state’s single-season touchdown record.

Considerable recruiting attention has yet to arrive, despite nearly 40 total touchdowns and more than 3,000 total yards from scrimmage on a 6-foot-2, 200-plus pound frame, as no football offers have been extended his way. However, Alabama invited him in for a game experience Saturday during its defeat of Arkansas.

“It was a great experience, now I just have to get my stuff to them and see what happens,” Barker said. “They liked my film a lot, coach (Mel) Tucker hadn’t seen it yet, but he said he’s going to take a closer look so he doesn’t miss a good player.

“I might go back for the LSU game, I would like to.”

It was Barker’s first Bryant-Denny Stadium experience on a game day.

“It was everything you want it to be, they have a great fan base and it was very loud,” he said.

Troy will host the emerging talent this coming weekend and then Auburn will for its SEC West clash against Ole Miss. Samford has been the only other program to host the senior this fall.

Barker is hoping one of these visits includes a recruiting breakthrough.

“I’m just going to stay hungry and trust,” he said. “It’s all part of a plan.”

http://www.scout.com/college/alabama/story/1599683-bama-evaluating-in-state-sleeper-kaleb-barker#/college/alabama/story/1599683-bama-evaluating-in-state-sleeper-kaleb-barker

Yes he is a great kid and has worked very hard to get an opportunity. I know we already have a guy committed, but just kind of hoping that if he could get that first offer from a couple of schools then maybe he can get some offers from other schools. He is such an athlete that Troy is actually recruiting him as a Safety at this point. Or at least that is the rumor I heard.

Don't we already have a guy?

Yeah, but we also might have 1-2 fewer serviceable QBs on the roster than we thought. (Please nobody freak out. I'm not making predictions on anybody's future. But hopefully we can all agree that the depth chart looks a little different at QB than we expected... yet again...)

If his measurable are really that good I hope he gets a look. As a cautionary note.....that is really poor competition he is playing against.

I like a "sleeper" QB. Looking at the kid from Clay Chalkville playing QB for Cincinnati tonight makes you wonder why he didn't get an offer from Auburn.

Don't we already have a guy?

Yeah, but we also might have 1-2 fewer serviceable QBs on the roster than we thought. (Please nobody freak out. I'm not making predictions on anybody's future. But hopefully we can all agree that the depth chart looks a little different at QB than we expected... yet again...)

True...

A good QB from somewhere down South Alabama way, maybe Brantley or near there, has committed to Auburn as an invited walkon. That may be what we have in mind to offer Kaleb Barker as well.

A good QB from somewhere down South Alabama way, maybe Brantley or near there, has committed to Auburn as an invited walkon. That may be what we have in mind to offer Kaleb Barker as well.

Wait...what? You're saying we got a new commit?

Do tell.

Do tell.

I don't think an invited walkon that says he's coming to Auburn falls into your normal "commit" category! :)

Do tell.

I don't think an invited walkon that says he's coming to Auburn falls into your normal "commit" category! :)/>

Haha true. I guess I hear the words "good" and "qb" and "committed to Auburn" and get excited, even if it's a walk on. If Barker really is as good as his stats seem to indicate, that would be awesome if we could feel him in like that.

Priceville High c/o 2005. Samford and Troy kind of player, which isn't a knock against him at all. he doesn't appear to look his measurables, but certainly knows what it takes to score points and win games. go Bulldogs.

Kaleb Barker is a game changer no matter what side of the ball he plays. If you put him on a 7A team with those type receivers he would compete at a high level.

:clap::punk::thumbsup::largeAU:

I know the talent that he is playing against is not the best, but he also doesn't have the best talent around him. Kaleb is a baller. He will be in AU this weekend, so I hope they see what he brings to the table on and off the field.

Apparently, Barker's gonna have to take a backseat to this juco kid Rhett Lashlee just offered...? unfortunately

Franklin is the kid that was offered. E has said he is not sure Franklin's offer is commitable or not. The Franklin kid has 4.38 speed. You cannot replicate speed.

Apparently, Barker's gonna have to take a backseat to this juco kid Rhett Lashlee just offered...? unfortunately

Franklin is the kid that was offered. E has said he is not sure Franklin's offer is commitable or not. The Franklin kid has 4.38 speed. You cannot replicate speed.

Yes, I know that.

Archived