Robbed by Direct TV technician

The technician that set up our Direct TV service yesterday morning stole a pair of Costa del Mar sunglasses off my dresser. I filed a police report and spent all day getting transferred and nobody could help me. I called again this morning and said make it right or cancel the service. Again there was "nothing they could do" and it would be $400 to cancel the contract since the account had been active for 24hrs. It's my life's mission now to spread the bad word about the scum of the earth that is Direct TV. Thanks for listening.

It's a big company so theres bound to be some bad eggs. What shocked me is the higher up the ladder I went with management the less helpful they were. They all but accused me of making up an elaborate story just to get out of my contract which makes no sense. I just got the service yesterday. I would think they'd be bending over backwards to make things right after they sent a thief into my home.

They have to hire from the same gene pool that walks among us every day. i am shocked we don't get ripped off more often. Have you eliminated the possibility you left them in another place or car?

We had issues with them trying to reinstate the nfl package on our 2 yr plan after we turned it down the 1st yr. Seriously? Turn it down once and they try to sneak a note in on the bill a yr later, "hey, we're adding the nfl package to your service".

They have to hire from the same gene pool that walks among us every day. i am shocked we don't get ripped off more often. Have you eliminated the possibility you left them in another place or car?

I actually saw the glasses sitting by the tv in the bedroom right before the tech went in there. I even thought about the possibility of him grabbing them and considered hiding them, but didn't. That's why I went back in the bedroom as soon as he finished in there, to see if the glasses were still there. I would hate to accuse someone of stealing and be wrong about it. I agonized over it before calling to report him but I exhausted every other possibility. The way he reacted when I mentioned it was a dead give away too.

I actually saw the glasses sitting by the tv in the bedroom right before the tech went in there. I even thought about the possibility of him grabbing them and considered hiding them, but didn't. That's why I went back in the bedroom as soon as he finished in there, to see if the glasses were still there. I would hate to accuse someone of stealing and be wrong about it. I agonized over it before calling to report him but I exhausted every other possibility. The way he reacted when I mentioned it was a dead give away too.

damn. He has to live with it. And it probably wasn't first and won't be the last.

That sucks. I remember when I was in Eagles West and they started redoing all the carpets one year. Those guys stole my watch. Problem is probably tons of people lie about their technician stealing stuff and screws it up for someone like yourself when it really does happen.

That sucks. I remember when I was in Eagles West and they started redoing all the carpets one year. Those guys stole my watch. Problem is probably tons of people lie about their technician stealing stuff and screws it up for someone like yourself when it really does happen.

i have also personally know people who claimed something stolen then found it later. Sounds like blue is sure.

Next time listen to your gut instincts.

A lot of those installers are contracted through other companies, so he might not even be an actual employee of Directv, so you'd have two avenues of complaint, Directv who hired the contract company and the contract company, if that's the case.

Archived