Question about USC

WarEagleFL

Why is that when they tie LSU with the best record last season(and not play in the BCS title game)they think they deserve to claim a piece of the national champion, but when they play in that game and win it and still are tied with another team they feel they are the "undisputed" national champions? it seems very arrogant and ignorant to me.

i'm not saying we would beat usc, with how they played tonight they looked very good. but i know we would give them a much better game than ou did. no way they would score 30+ on us.

I was thinking the same. Last year, they pleaded their case outside the BCSCG and now they claim it was right.

They are a fine team and perhaps the best in the Country but no one knows for sure. As for playing the USC team that performed tonight, sure we would have lost. However, the same can be said about other days. If the Trojan team that showed up against California played the Auburn team that beat UT 34-10 or UGA 24-6, Auburn would have smoked them.

It's clear that either team is capable of beating the other on any given day.

<_< First of all: USC felt they deserved to win a national championship last yr. because everybody in the nation, that includes coaches and AP pollsters, felt they were number 1. They were no. 1 in both polls before the bcs games were announced.

Secondly: Auburn was NOT no 1 OR no 2 in the minds of the coaches or AP pollsters this yr.

When Coaches AND the football viewing media believe you are no 1. then you have a right to claim a share national title. When the coaches and the football viewing media believe you are no 3, then you don't have a right to claim a share.

With the logic that auburn fans have showed, Utah should be national champs, and boise state last year should have been national champs.

When you have a heisman winner on your team and 2 heisman finalists, you also have an edge.

When Coaches AND the football viewing media believe you are no 1. then you have a right to claim a share national title. When the coaches and the football viewing media believe you are no 3, then you don't have a right to claim a share.

136390[/snapback]

Right and these are the same coaches that alot admit they vote with agenda's or turn the voting over to their sports information directors and the same media that claimed the Big 12 south was the most dominant division and conference in all of the nation? The same media that said no matter what they wouldn't change USC and OU out of number 1 and 2 unless they lost (pretty objective with the voting there don't ya think). Or the same media that said this was going to be the greatest college championship game ever played. The same media that said Auburn wouldn't go undefeated. The same media that said Auburn should have blown out Alabama but has no knowledge of the fact that despite records/rankings the games have been seperated by more than 10 points like 2 times in the past 24 years. The same media that on national tv said hindsite is 20/20 and Auburn was clearly a better team than Oklahoma....... do I need to continue.

I know what you mean. Now you know how we felt last year, and why we feel the way we do about USuCk.

AU would give them a much better game. I don't think Leinhart would have as much success on Rogers and Rosegreen. Plus, a running game would help, something I think AU definitely would have provided.

<_< First of all: USC felt they deserved to win a national championship last yr. because everybody in the nation, that includes coaches and AP pollsters, felt they were number 1. They were no. 1 in both polls before the bcs games were announced.

Secondly: Auburn was NOT no 1 OR no 2 in the minds of the coaches or AP pollsters this yr.

With the logic that auburn fans have showed, Utah should be national champs, and boise state last year should have been national champs.

When you have a heisman winner on your team and 2 heisman finalists, you also have an edge.

136390[/snapback]

The only logic I need is this...

SEC is tougher than the PAC-10

Auburn DOMINATED a tough SEC schedule.

USC played a tough Nonconference ONLY because their conference is full of pansies without a coach.

Nobody put a blemish on Auburn's record.

Using that logic, USC and Auburn both finished undefeated. Consider yourself lucky that no one is picking on USC for playing in the P*ss poor PAC10. Otherwise YOU would be on the outside looking in. I'll take Jason Campbell, Ronnie Brown, Carnell Williams, the AU O line, and the "No name Defense" ANY day over "a heisman winner and 2 heisman finalists." Media darlings won the championship for you, not play on the field. That TRULY is a shame.

Guest Tigrinum Major
That is the most oblivious no call I have ever seen...

136408[/snapback]

Oblivious? or Obvious?

How's that LSU education working out for ya? :poke:

Outside looking in view...

USC was #1 in the polls last year when the teams were selected for the BCS. Auburn was #3. Everything else is the same in the scenarios except for that. Not saying it's right or wrong but that is the major difference.

What hurt Auburn is that USC and OU started pre-season 1-2 and Auburn was 17th I think? Another argument against the validity of a pre-season poll.

After their last two showings I believe there should now be a 5 year moratorium on Big 12 teams in the national championship game.

Nothing will EVER convince me that USC should have even been in the championship game last night. I saw, with my own eyes, the fumble that USC had and the UCLA player picking it up for an untouched romp to the endzone. I also saw, in disbelief, an official realizing that USC was about to be beaten and tossed out of the BCS mix, blow a whistle VERY late and award the ball back to USC. It was too blatant and too obvious to be a mistake.

USC in 2004 was a very inconstent team, playing brilliantly one week and playing like a 1-AA team the next week. That is NOT a championship team, but it is a media darling since it is from the glamor city of movie stars and glitz. This year, more than ever, is why there needs to be a playoff in 1-A college football.

Archived