Miami Fires Al Golden

WarTiger

http://espn.go.com/c...lden-head-coach

Miami Hurricanes fire Al Golden as head coach day after 58-0 pounding

The Miami Hurricanes have fired coach Al Golden, the school said in a statement.

"Coach Golden has led our program through some very difficult times and he has done so with class, integrity and a true desire to see our students succeed on the field, in the classroom and in the community." athletic director Blake James said. "However, we have a proud tradition of excellence at Miami, not just in football but in all sports, and we want to compete for ACC and national championships. I simply believe that now is the time to bring the Hurricane Family together and rally behind our young men."

News of Golden's firing comes a day after the team endured the worst loss in program history, a 58-0 home defeat at the hands of No. 3 Clemson.

Golden went 32-24 record in his four-plus seasons at the school, has been under increasing criticism as attendance has dwindled at Miami's home games.

Saturday's beating also drew the ire of famous Hurricanes alums.

Assistant coach Larry Scott will serve as Miami's interim head coach when the Hurricanes (4-3, 1-3 ACC ) get back on the field Saturday at home against No. 22 Duke.

Talk about dumpster fire programs....hard to see why anyone would take that job.....no fan support at all....so wondering how a new coach could turn that around. Does not seem to be a "pent up demand" from alums and students to bring the program up to Power 5 standards.

You would have to see pictures of the stadium near the end of the game. Maybe 500 people and most of the females were asleep

Shoot , I saw the stadium about 15 minutes before the kick-off and it looked about like that....that's a pitiful situation for a school that at one time was a fixture in the top 10.

You would have to see pictures of the stadium near the end of the game. Maybe 500 people and most of the females were asleep

Shoot , I saw the stadium about 15 minutes before the kick-off and it looked about like that....that's a pitiful situation for a school that at one time was a fixture in the top 10.

The only fans of Miami are people who moved in from the north and didn't have a team to pull for prior. Really is pathetic.

The only fans of Miami are people who moved in from the north and didn't have a team to pull for prior. Really is pathetic.

All that being the case....is there any chance the ACC would pull the plug on them? Not much that they have to offer to the conference. So how much longer will the other ACC schools be willing to send there teams down there with almost no revenue?

All that being the case....is there any chance the ACC would pull the plug on them? Not much that they have to offer to the conference. So how much longer will the other ACC schools be willing to send there teams down there with almost no revenue?

UCF would love that ACC spot, but now that O'Leary is tanking, that's probably not gonna happen.

One of the biggest bandwagon teams in the country. That is why they have the attendance issues they do.

I find the comments about the firing about the class and leadership kind of funny. Must return to excellence. The excellence of Miami didn't involve anything with class and it wasn't clean.

I see official attendance was 45,000 or so...which means than in excess of 44,000 were invisible....

I see official attendance was 45,000 or so...which means than in excess of 44,000 were invisible....

Is that based off tickets sold or actual bodies in the seats?

IF you saw any of the pictures from the game...before our after, you know it was tickets sold....635813167164477136-Clemson-Miami-001.jpg

Ironically we have identical records... Of course we lose in very tough games and seem to improve on occasion and sell out games, but we do have the same exact record, in conference as well... He shouldn't have been fired mid season for a third loss. That's insanity. They must be extremely desperate on the ticket issue.

It also doesn't help that Sun Life Stadium is about 45 minutes from UM's campus.

No doubt that schools playing in remote stadiums have problems getting their students to support the team but there is also not much community support either. And as for the Miami-Clemson game, I bet about half of the people down there that actually showed up were Clemson supporters.

Meanwhile, forget the W-L records.....has nothing to do with what's going on down there. Penn State was drawing close to 100,000 real people, when they were "down" but people did not quit on their team.

This game was symbolic of what's going on down there. The U's thugs were challenging CU players on the sidelines...keep off our side of the field, crap BEFORE the game...and then went out and let Clemson kick their butts all over the field. Maybe they should save their "attitude" for the game. Check the video...and the stands in the background.

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/clemson-tigers-miami-hurricanes-separated-before-kick-off-102415

I note that Butch Davis is interested....might be who they need....

What's Jim Tressel doing these days?

Still within his show-cause penalty. I remember reading an article somewhere that he had retired from coaching and was serving as a university president.

going to be lots of coaching vacancies this year. would not shock me to see the turds lose their OC, DC and Cristobol. maybe that will slow them down a bit.

Archived