Defensive Line Question

AUTiger2012

So I just thought about it and it is very possible that this has been mentioned elsewhere, but if there are coaching changes this offseason, I suspect it may have to do with Mr. Garner. Not that I think he will be fired I just figure he will be moved into another role. If we do bring in a new DL coach I would think that the Missouri DL coach would be an amazing hire, opinions? And yes I do understand that is is possible that there are no staff changes made.

The thought of many is that our D as a unit is about to turn the corner. Hold that thought but if our D keeps improving and playing with purpose, Will may not have any assistants' heads on pikes come January.

The thought of many is that our D as a unit is about to turn the corner. Hold that thought but if our D keeps improving and playing with purpose, Will may not have any assistants' heads on pikes come January.

Oh that would be wonderful, my question is just can we continue to underdevelop talent along the d line. I like Garner I just question his ability lately to develope guys who are not once a decade talent like Lawson and to some degree Adams.

The Missouri guy has been with Pinkel for 23 years now. No chance.

That answers my question. Thanks.

If we make a change at the DL coach position it will hopefully be to bring Tracy Rocker home and move Rodney Garner to an off the field position, probably concentrating on recruiting.

If we make a change at the DL coach position it will hopefully be to bring Tracy Rocker home and move Rodney Garner to an off the field position, probably concentrating on recruiting.

I doubt Rocker leaves UGA, and even if he is fired I figure he probably sits out a year for his kids to graduate from UGA.

IF Richt gets canned- isn't Rocker suddenly available? Any way we squeeze him on to the staff and slide Garner elsewhere to recruit? I have no idea, just throwing darts

Rocker had a good line when he had Fairley. Other than that? What if we go out and hire the best guy available, a great one that is willing to come to Auburn (instead of a former coach that likely wouldn't touch this staff with a ten foot poll.)

I mean, I like the guy...I practically lived every day of life in my #74 jersey from ages 8 thru 12. But he's not the end all be all of DL coaches and I don;t think he'd want to be a part of what we're doing.

Rocker had a good line when he had Fairley. Other than that? What if we go out and hire the best guy available, a great one that is willing to come to Auburn (instead of a former coach that likely wouldn't touch this staff with a ten foot poll.)

I mean, I like the guy...I practically lived every day of life in my #74 jersey from ages 8 thru 12. But he's not the end all be all of DL coaches and I don;t think he'd want to be a part of what we're doing.

Do you know something I don't? What are we doing?

I sadly have to agree that I don't think Coach Garner is developing the very highly recruited D Linemen on our roster. With Lawson back, it does make our DL look like it is getting more QB pressure. Our run defense still struggles because the DLinemen get moved out and allow the O Linemen to get to the second level and take the LBs out of the play. If our DL was better, stronger and more aggressive, our LB play would be a lot better.

I don't see Rocker coming back. Could it happen? I suppose so, but I think we can do better. Uga hasn't exactly set the world on fire with their D-Line play the last two years. Plus, Pruitt has done his recruiting for him. Tracy is good once they visit, but hitting the trail isn't his thing.

IYAM, maybe CRG moves to TE's, and Will brings in someone...but then what do I know?

I may be in the minority but i don't put all this on Garner. I also don't think Rocker would just work magic. I guess i am optimistic that we are snakebitten with bad luck and changing a coach will disrupt recruiting and recovery in developing players. If Will and Gus think we need a change i will eat crow.

Archived