Dream Off-season

AubTiger14

If 3 were to happen, we'd have a wild-card Franklin with backups injured Tyler Queen and freshman Woody Barrett. I would throw up, especially if Franklin isn't the "sure thing" he's quickly seeming to become among many. If 3 happens and Franklin isn't Newton-incarnate, Gus should be gone by October, and I'm not one to call for coaches' heads

Seems the same people who thought JJ was a Heisman candidate and early NFL draft have now hitched their wagon to a 180 pound part-time Juco QB as our next savior. Is there something in the water there ...or what?

I just don't see how if you're playing the fan boy game, you call out somebody else playing the same game

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We'd be screwed if 3 happens. Absolutley screwed. It amazes me that people want Rocker so badly. His kids go to UGA, he wasn't all that enthused when he was AU to begin win, he doesn't like recruiting, and he hasn't done much of anything with the surplus amount of talent that he has at UGA... So why?

Rocker doesn't like recruiting, but he does a pretty good job. We also had the best D-line we've had in years when he was here. Garner is a decent recruiter, but hasn't managed to bring in depth and our D-line has not been a strength since he's been here.

He had Fairley.

Fairley was not a beast until Rocker came in. Garner has had Montravious Adams for 3 years and he's just been alright for a 5-star recruit. I'm not saying Rocker is unequivocally better than Garner, but I think having both on the staff is the best case scenario.

they both arrived at the same time.

Yeah apparently he gets all credit. Hey give me your opinion, does it makes sense to you that a person gets upset and argues with anybody who says Gus or chizik didn't do anything minus cam or Marshall but the same person says rocker didn't do anything minus fairley?

Or just tell me isn't that the same thing? Like the same concept or what am I missing if not?

Lashlee will be let go, Craig will be promoted to OC, Bentley will come in as QB coach, Rocker is brought in as DL coach and Garner moves to TE.

That sounds good.

This is the most important year of GM's coaching career. And he starts it with Clemson. Yikes.

Yeah apparently he gets all credit. Hey give me your opinion, does it makes sense to you that a person gets upset and argues with anybody who says Gus or chizik didn't do anything minus cam or Marshall but the same person says rocker didn't do anything minus fairley?

Or just tell me isn't that the same thing? Like the same concept or what am I missing if not?

I see what you're saying but who is saying Gus and Chiz did nothing other than Cam and Marshall?

i don't know. i have nothing against Rocker but not sure he would be an upgrade over Garner. I don't know if Fairley would have improved and dominated with some other coach or if Nick only responded to TRocker. chizik has never done anything as a HC without Gus, his defenses even sucked. Gus (minus this year) has always moved the ball and scored points. Rocker has been solid at Ark and Ole miss, but i can't judge him only on Fairley. I guess i am not putting it all together.

If 3 were to happen, we'd have a wild-card Franklin with backups injured Tyler Queen and freshman Woody Barrett. I would throw up, especially if Franklin isn't the "sure thing" he's quickly seeming to become among many. If 3 happens and Franklin isn't Newton-incarnate, Gus should be gone by October, and I'm not one to call for coaches' heads

Seems the same people who thought JJ was a Heisman candidate and early NFL draft have now hitched their wagon to a 180 pound part-time Juco QB as our next savior. Is there something in the water there ...or what?

I just don't see how if you're playing the fan boy game, you call out somebody else playing the same game

I'm not playing fanboy ....just noting how fickle AU people are.

And as I also noted elsewhere, we need all the healthy combatants we can find but it's a tad early to already be anointing our next QB before the guy is even on campus.

And that perhaps....just perhaps....some of them are underestimating the skills of SW and his ability to move the offense when he is healthy.

Bring 'em on. Bama has signed a half dozen top QBs in the last few years and had to recruit an FSU reject to run their team. You just never know when you have enough QBs.

And as I also noted elsewhere, we need all the healthy combatants we can find but it's a tad early to already be anointing our next QB before the guy is even on campus.

And that perhaps....just perhaps....some of them are underestimating the skills of SW and his ability to move the offense when he is healthy.

Bring 'em on. Bama has signed a half dozen top QBs in the last few years and had to recruit an FSU reject to run their team. You just never know when you have enough QBs.

I'm just saying I notice you say alot one way but not the other as far as anointing but maybe you haven't been following his recruiting much but you had to argue tooth and nail to even say they recruited the guy as a qb.

I have a dream

no, I mean no! Fulmer Cup points

but it's not even bedtime yet.

Meantime, let's practice some more and win us a bowl game.

I see what you're saying but who is saying Gus and Chiz did nothing other than Cam and Marshall?

I'm not going to call out names but I'm saying doesn't that scenario sort of conflict the entire logic?

next year we are all good.

One or two more players and mojo shifts back our way next year beginning with a big opening win vs yabo dabo (paypack from a few years back...Gus gets interviewed on the field and acts a fool even more so than dabo did after beating us) and its all fun and games for Auburn rest of the year...ending with road wins vs. uga and bama.

2016 is truly the new day Gus promised a few years back!

QBs:

Queen- He will be coming back from rehab after surgery and hasn't even played a single down in a real game. We have no idea what will happen there.

Barrett- He will be a true Freshman and they cannot be depended on to lead the program. Look around the SEC and see how they have done. The best ones have a huge learning curve. The odds are very much against him being the answer in '16.

Franklin- He will be coming in from JUCO to compete for the starting job. We will soon find out if he has it.

White- He got some good game time experience this year, was improving every game and has a lot of potential.

JJ- I honestly think we have seen the last of JJ as an Auburn QB other than possibly in the bowl game.

So there you have it. In my mind that realistically leaves White and Franklin to fight it out in the Spring. We could use another 'good' QB on the roster, 5 QBs is not too many. We also need a top flight QB position coach evaluating, developing and preparing these players imho.

Here is what I want to happen this off-season

1. Muschamp stays (I don't think he'd go to UGA or anywhere to be a DC like some people are worried. But if South Carolina or somewhere came calling for a HC I'd be a little worried)

2. Garner is moved to TE's coach and Rocker is brought back to coach D-Line (this could happen)

3. Jeremy Johnson and Sean White transfer (I don't want them off the team, especially Sean, but it's what is best for them personally. JFIII is being brought in to be the guy next year if he performs well in practice. I think Sean could be really successful as a QB somewhere else, but Gus is going back to read-option and that's not Sean. I'd feel a little bad for Sean if he stayed and rode the bench).

4. We sign a class with a solid combination of these players: Rashan Gary, Derrick Brown, Landon Dickerson, E.J. Price, Antwuan Jackson, Jamarcus King, Zach McCloud, Kareem Walker, and hold on to the ones we have committed already.

5. Gus fixes the play-calling dynamic (I've heard lots of speculation about offensive staff changes. At the end of the day I don't really care because it's Gus' offense, but the problems this year need to be fixed. I wouldn't mind seeing someone else coaching QBs. I highly doubt the offensive staff is the same next year though.)

6. Everyone comes back that could declare for the draft. (Likely won't happen, but if we could get Lawson back and either Coleman or Young on the OL that would be huge. I think M. Adams is gone, but you never know.)

I definitely wouldn't mind seeing some shakeup on the staff at Alabama (aka...Smart leaving to be a HC and Kiffin leaving as well). However, it all depends on how this affects us. Some people think that Smart is South Carolina's first choice, so if Smart goes to UGA then SC could go after Muschamp.

And no arrests!

We'd be screwed if 3 happens. Absolutley screwed. It amazes me that people want Rocker so badly. His kids go to UGA, he wasn't all that enthused when he was AU to begin win, he doesn't like recruiting, and he hasn't done much of anything with the surplus amount of talent that he has at UGA... So why?

Rocker doesn't like recruiting, but he does a pretty good job. We also had the best D-line we've had in years when he was here. Garner is a decent recruiter, but hasn't managed to bring in depth and our D-line has not been a strength since he's been here.

He had Fairley.

Fairley was not a beast until Rocker came in. Garner has had Montravious Adams for 3 years and he's just been alright for a 5-star recruit. I'm not saying Rocker is unequivocally better than Garner, but I think having both on the staff is the best case scenario.

Fairley was here a year before Rocker got here. He was a Tubby recruit, originally OLine.

I'm just saying I notice you say alot one way but not the other as far as anointing but maybe you haven't been following his recruiting much but you had to argue tooth and nail to even say they recruited the guy as a qb.

I figure his chances are about 10%.....but give him a shot.....who knows? I still think he was recruited as something other than a QB....no matter what shows up in print.

Everyone so keen on Garner staying but moving to TE's....what do we do with Fountain? He has been a solid ST coach for us here. Moving Garner to TE leaves Fountain hanging.

He had Fairley.

Fairley was here a year before Rocker got here. He was a Tubby recruit, originally OLine.

no he was not. He was a tubs recruit who didn't qualify and went JUCO. He came in in 09.

I figure his chances are about 10%.....but give him a shot.....who knows? I still think he was recruited as something other than a QB....no matter what shows up in print.

Ok so why is it you can say that but you're objective but if somebody says they think dude can be the qb they're crowning him as the next savior? Seems like you already placed the crown

Ok so why is it you can say that but you're objective but if somebody says they think dude can be the qb they're crowning him as the next savior? Seems like you already placed the crown

Well, let's see who has a more accurate picture of things about 6 months from now?

Clearly you are not biased...Jeez.

Clearly you are not biased...Jeez.

I'm not biased...and I'm not blind to the realities of the game either. The idea of an off-season dream to kick our only experienced QBs to the curb on the chance that a guy playing part-time QB in Juco is going to be the answer to our offense? I can't imagine anything more ridiculous....and yet some people apparently think that's a reasonable plan. Sorry but we are just going to have to disagree.....and no need to question my motives either.

And I'm curious about how much bad quarterbacking does one have to see to conclude that a guy just doesn't have what it is going to take in the SEC. We have played that game during a number of years and agonized over the play of our QBs. I won't call names, but over the years we have watched AU coaches try to make college QBs out of guys who just did not have what it was going to take....and I'm talking about players with all the HS creds imaginable. Sometimes the coaches had no Plan B or Plan C....which was tough on everyone...including the struggling players.

Just my OPINION...but we have seen six or seven games of that this season....so how many games will it take to convince folks...including some coaches perhaps. Now maybe the player in question can turn things around but the burden of proof is on him...but with all that, I don't consider it a "dream" to see him transfer 'cause just like this year, the situation may arise when he is the best we have....and I hope he rises to the occasion. And it's also my OPINION that the odds of JF taking the reins as QB next season are about 10% as noted earlier.

Really don't care about any of that, it is your opinion but you know what you do somebody even suggest the thought of a different qb you are bringing up what people said about JJ. You're embellishing people saying he's a savior and all that. What does somebody thinking JJ was going to be good even have to do with this guy?

I can't understand the against all qb's because of the thought of SW not being the qb.....what if SW gets hurt again? Don't you want another qb? So what if there is a little qb competition? If SW wins it, and like you said he has the advantage to do so, just think of how proud you'll be and all the posts you'll write. No reason to dislike this guy because of your love for another

Archived