Dream Off-season

AubTiger14

I'm not biased...and I'm not blind to the realities of the game either. The idea of an off-season dream to kick our only experienced QBs to the curb on the chance that a guy playing part-time QB in Juco is going to be the answer to our offense? I can't imagine anything more ridiculous....and yet some people apparently think that's a reasonable plan. Sorry but we are just going to have to disagree.....and no need to question my motives either.

And I'm curious about how much bad quarterbacking does one have to see to conclude that a guy just doesn't have what it is going to take in the SEC. We have played that game during a number of years and agonized over the play of our QBs. I won't call names, but over the years we have watched AU coaches try to make college QBs out of guys who just did not have what it was going to take....and I'm talking about players with all the HS creds imaginable. Sometimes the coaches had no Plan B or Plan C....which was tough on everyone...including the struggling players.

Just my OPINION...but we have seen six or seven games of that this season....so how many games will it take to convince folks...including some coaches perhaps. Now maybe the player in question can turn things around but the burden of proof is on him...but with all that, I don't consider it a "dream" to see him transfer 'cause just like this year, the situation may arise when he is the best we have....and I hope he rises to the occasion. And it's also my OPINION that the odds of JF taking the reins as QB next season are about 10% as noted earlier.

To be honest, I'm a little concerned if a 3* JUCO QB/ATH is coming in here and taking the job because "he can run". If he is an underrated recruit, and he can actually throw as well as Sean White, then I would definitely change my mind. With the receivers we have coming in (and in hope of getting more of them in the future), I would just prefer not to see us sell out trying to replicate 2013 with no more than 10-20 passes per game.

I am currently more inclined to think Franklin comes in and gets a shot at the job. If he is the best all-around QB after that, by all means start him. If not, I could see him being used in a wildcat package with the extra wrinkle of passing the ball, and his speed getting him on the field in other areas. If the coaches were really that set on getting JUCO help as a starting QB, I would have expected them to be after Jerod Evans.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If SW can be anything like Kellen Moore then there won't even be a competition, they can work on coaching up the young qb's and start building on the offense for the future, that's a dream off season.

Everybody could be happy. You'd want SW to win the job opening up with Clemson.

Worst case SW doesn't win it and whoever does throws an int in the first half of the first game. Oh this board would go crazy

Yep. I dont want any current QB to be sent packing. In a long season you need every option available. What good does it to say adios to JJ and/or SW?

Personally, i want SW to get healed, practice more for the bowl game, compete again in the spring. I think he is our best option to open with Clemson if we want any chance of winning.

This juco DT/QB. As others have said, do we know ANYTHING about his passing ability? Evidently they use his passing very little. There are plenty of DT QBs that arent successfull in college football.

What we need is just a QB that can execute the passing game with effieciency which allows our run game to open up more.

Worst case SW doesn't win it and whoever does throws an int in the first half of the first game. Oh this board would go crazy

Actually, we'd probably wait until he threw 3 absolutely horrible picks from a comfy pocket to an area where no Auburn receiver was even near.

Actually, we'd probably wait until he threw 3 absolutely horrible picks from a comfy pocket to an area where no Auburn receiver was even near.

Ahhh talking about JJ huh? I don't expect him to be in the competition so that's why he wasn't mentioned by me, I don't see the parallel you may be trying to make though....as for me why I KNOW this board would go crazy is because of the posts here lately

Ahhh talking about JJ huh? I don't expect him to be in the competition so that's why he wasn't mentioned by me, I don't see the parallel you may be trying to make though....as for me why I KNOW this board would go crazy is because of the posts here lately

You've been pretty relentless with circling every QB conversation back to how people feel differently about Johnson and White, so I assumed that you were referencing the Louisville game. I'd apologize, but I can't really blame myself for assuming you were going there once again.

If SW can be anything like Kellen Moore then there won't even be a competition, they can work on coaching up the young qb's and start building on the offense for the future, that's a dream off season.

I don't really care who wins the job. As of right now, I like what I have seen of SW heading into the offseason, and I consider JJ getting it together to be a longshot (I'd be happy to be wrong though). SW has the obvious advantage in QB competition. Who knows what Tyler Queen and Woody Barrett bring, but they should definitely get their chance. What I don't want to see is settling for less accuracy in order to have a running QB back there. If Franklin's arm is truly competitive, so be it, but him being listed as a 3* QB/ATH doesn't give me faith in it.

If we come out of that with a QB like Kellen Moore, I'll be ecstatic.

Oh I point that out because of the hypocrisy and it's so much to point out. Not feel differently though take the same situations but say different things. We agree on lots of things on this I see we don't. It's ok though I'm still cool and you're still not...the world will keep on turning

I don't really care who wins the job. As of right now, I like what I have seen of SW heading into the offseason, and I consider JJ getting it together to be a longshot (I'd be happy to be wrong though). SW has the obvious advantage in QB competition. Who knows what Tyler Queen and Woody Barrett bring, but they should definitely get their chance. What I don't want to see is settling for less accuracy in order to have a running QB back there. If Franklin's arm is truly competitive, so be it, but him being listed as a 3* QB/ATH doesn't give me faith in it.

That's about how I feel. It's not about wanting White to win the job. It's about taking everything into consideration and thinking he probably will.

If we get a guy with wheels who's a comparable passer and decision maker? Hell yeah, hand him the keys.

Oh I point that out because of the hypocrisy and it's so much to point out. Not feel differently though take the same situations but say different things. We agree on lots of things on this I see we don't. It's ok though I'm still cool and you're still not...the world will keep on turning

Can we still run through the 6 with our woes together?

That's about how I feel. It's not about wanting White to win the job. It's about taking everything into consideration and thinking he probably will.

If we get a guy with wheels who's a comparable passer and decision maker? Hell yeah, hand him the keys.

Indeed, where the important factor is "comparable passer". I would always rather have a QB that can run over one that cannot, but I'd rather have such a QB be more Dak Prescott than Nick Marshall. Nick Marshall just happened to be freakishly good at making "things" happen at the right time. You cannot count on or expect that.

We've got some WR talent coming, and I'd love to see some 4-5* depth there with the offense to match. That won't happen without us throwing the ball more than we have much of the year.

+1

A 3* QB/ATH that played part-time QB in JUCO, doesn't know our playbook, hasn't played against a top shelf defense like Clemson & the rest of the SEC will field doesn't give me much faith either.

Sean White get healthy and work like a crazy in the off-season.

As long as my hotline don't bling...when that happens I have to leave because you know what that means

Everyone so keen on Garner staying but moving to TE's....what do we do with Fountain? He has been a solid ST coach for us here. Moving Garner to TE leaves Fountain hanging.

We have TE's I had no idea????????????

As long as my hotline don't bling...when that happens I have to leave because you know what that means

:clap:

Archived